Creamer Concept World Cup - VOTING(FINALS)

raysox

Group A

Mexico

Cameroon

Brazil

Croatia

Group B

Chile

Netherlands

Spain

Australia

Group D

Costa Rica

England

Uruguay

Italy

Group E

Honduras

Switzerland

Ecuador

France

Group D, just wanted to say, if y'all were in any other group, you would have all advanced.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a lurker on this site for a while, but I joined today just to vote for these incredible concepts!

Group A

Mexico

Brazil

Cameroon

Croatia

Group B (my favorite group)

Australia

Spain

Chile

Netherlands

Group D

England

Costa Rica

Uruguay

Italy

Group E

Honduras

Switzerland

Ecuador

France

Wow I can't say there's a poor concept in the bunch. Everybody put a lot of work and thought into their looks. I can't wait to see the rest and to show off my entry for Japan (I hope you like it).

Group A
Mexico
Cameroon
Croatia
Brazil
Group B
Chile
Netherlands
Australia
Spain
Group D
England
Costa Rica
Uruguay
Italy
Group E
Honduras
Ecuador
Switzerland
France

PvO6ZWJ.png

Group A

1. Mexico

2. Cameroon

3. Brazil

4. Croatia

Group B

1. Netherlands

2. Australia

3. Chile

4. Spain

Group D

1. Italy

2. Uruguay

3. England

4. Costa Rica

Group E

1. Ecuador

2. Honduras

3. Switzerland

4. France

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Thought I messed up the voting, because some had more votes tha others, but I forgot that you didn't vote for yourself!

Awesome turn out, 45 people have voted so far.

Group A
Mexico - 104, Cameroon - 98, Brazil - 90, Croatia - 30

Group B
Netherlands - 121, Chile - 119, Australia - 64, Spain - 13

Group D
England - 99, Uruguay - 85, Costa Rica - 56, Italy - 54

Group E
Honduras - 132, Ecuador - 89, Switzerland - 40, France - 40

Group A:

1. Mexico

2. Cameroon

3. Croatia

4. Brazil

Group B:

1. Australia

2. Chile

3. Spain

4. Netherlands

Group D:

1. Uruguay

2. Italy

3. England

4. Costa Rica

Group E:

1. Ecuador

2. Honduras

3. France

4. Switzerland

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Overall, some amazing concepts by all. I have to say the level has been stepped up since the European Soccer Concept Cup. And without a doubt, Group D is the group of death...wow! Some amazing concept artists on this board and you guys didn't let us down. It's a shame only two of you from that group qualifies for the Round of 16. Onwards!

Group A

1. Mexico (awesome crest, loved the subliminated jaguar tracks and waves for "stones")

2. Cameroon (overall excellent with many Cameroon aspects throughout, liked the individual match graphic in the center of the chest)

3. Brazil

4. Croatia

Group B

1. Australia (loved the homage to the aboriginals)

2. Netherlands (loved the field of tulips side vents)

3. Spain

4. Chile

Group D

1. England (the only time England will be top in this World Cup :P)

2. Italy

3. Uruguay

4. Costa Rica

Group E

1. Honduras

2. Ecuador

3. France

4. Switzerland

Ooof...just call me England over here, finishing last in the group with "apparent talent".

How do you think I feel? I have the least amount of votes. I'm losing to a guy who's never even made a soccer concept before. That just destroys all my confidence of doing soccer concepts, cause apparently I suck at making soccer concepts.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Ooof...just call me England over here, finishing last in the group with "apparent talent".

How do you think I feel? I have the least amount of votes. I'm losing to a guy who's never even made a soccer concept before. That just destroys all my confidence of doing soccer concepts, cause apparently I suck at making soccer concepts.
Let me see if I can try and shed some light on your concept:

- the first issue I see is the template. It looks more like a yakball template rather than a soccer template.

- secondly, the badge is too cluttered. The 1909 and maybe the lion were a bit too much. The serif Times-New-Roman-esque font didn't help much either

- The pinstripes seemed to clutter things up as well, especially on the white kit. There are too many pinstripes on such a small space. Eliminating some and spacing them out, maybe even thickening them would've helped a bit, but when I think Spain, I don't think of them as a team that could pull off pinstripes.

Now, I may not be the soccer uniform expert here by any means, but looking through some of the recent soccer threads like Raysox's recent MLS thread and the America League helped me realize what makes a well designed soccer kit. I would've taken some notes from them and used those to help refine your design. It was okay, but pretty cluttered.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Group A

1. Brazil

2. Cameroon

3. Mexico

4. Croatia

Group B

1. Chile

2. Netherlands

3. Australia

4. Spain

Group D

1. Uruguay

2. Italy

3. Costa Rica

4. England

Group E

1. Honduras

2. Switzerland

3. Ecuador

4. France

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

- The pinstripes seemed to clutter things up as well, especially on the white kit. There are too many pinstripes on such a small space. Eliminating some and spacing them out, maybe even thickening them would've helped a bit, but when I think Spain, I don't think of them as a team that could pull off pinstripes.

FT-fernando-torres-1093524_734_768.jpg

- the first issue I see is the template. It looks more like a yakball template rather than a soccer template.

- secondly, the badge is too cluttered. The 1909 and maybe the lion were a bit too much. The serif Times-New-Roman-esque font didn't help much either

Now, I may not be the soccer uniform expert here by any means, but looking through some of the recent soccer threads like Raysox's recent MLS thread and the America League helped me realize what makes a well designed soccer kit. I would've taken some notes from them and used those to help refine your design. It was okay, but pretty cluttered.

Not to pile on, but current soccer kits are simple these days. Look at just about all kits in the World Cup, especially Nike: solid color with maybe one small stripe (or two). Puma gets a little crazy with its patterns, but even then, those are often sublimated or very limited (Ghana, for instance). Spain's white WC kits had doppler-like stripes on it, but, again, those were sublimated. Ultimately, I think you might be able to get away with more on a clash and/or third kit for club teams, but probably not as much with national teams. At least not until the '90s trends roll back around.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Group A

1. Mexico

2. Brazil

3. Cameroon

4. Croatia

Group B

1. Netherlands

2. Chile

3. Spain

4. Australia

Group D (Group of Death)

1. England

2. Italy

3. Uruguay

4. Costa Rica

Group E

1. Honduras

2. France

3. Ecuador

4. Switzerland

That's because it is a Yakball template... Which was the major turn off in the design for me.

I edited that Yakball template so it has shorter sleeves, and longer socks, to accommodate the soccer style.

GriffinMarlins, if you want I can DM it to you.

The other problem that I had with your design was that pretty much matching. If you look at all of the World Cup shirts only a few of them are matching (Greece, Costa Rica off the top of my head). So I'd make one shirt a completely different design than the other. Like I did with my Bosnia design (you'll see later...).

Also it didn't seem like you dug deep into the Spanish culture. Like for example you could have done something assoicated with traditional Spanish attire. Just passing the kits off as "they have more visable pinstripes than the WC kits now" didn't sell it for me.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

GROUP A

1. Brazil

2. Cameroon

3. Mexico

4. Croatia

GROUP B

1. Netherlands

2. Australia

3. Chile

4. Spain

GROUP D (DEFINITELY the toughest group to rank)

1. Uruguay

2. Costa Rica

3. England

4. Italy

GROUP E

1. Honduras

2. France

3. Switzerland

4. Ecuador

gYH2mW9.png

Archived