Creamer Concept World Cup - VOTING(FINALS)

raysox

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooof...just call me England over here, finishing last in the group with "apparent talent".

How do you think I feel? I have the least amount of votes. I'm losing to a guy who's never even made a soccer concept before. That just destroys all my confidence of doing soccer concepts, cause apparently I suck at making soccer concepts.

Perhaps soccer concepts aren't your thing. You seem to do good work with your other logos that I've seen.

A

- Brazil

- Mexico

- Croatia

- Cameroon

B

- Netherlands

- Australia

- Chile

- Spain

D

- Costa Rica

- Italy

- Uruguay

- England

E

- Honduras

- Ecuador

- France

- Switzerland

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A
- Cameroon
- Mexico
- Brazil
- Croatia

B
- Netherlands
- Chile
- Australia
- Spain

D
- Uruguay
- Italy
- England
- Costa Rica

E
- Honduras
- Ecuador
- France
- Switzerland

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Going to end the voting right here. Thanks to the 60 of you that voted. Here are the results.

GROUP A: Mexico - 143, Brazil - 120, Cameroon - 111, Croatia - 27
GROUP B: Netherlands - 159, Chile - 150, Australia - 86, Spain - 18

GROUP D: England - 130, Uruguay - 123, Italy - 75, Costa Rica - 71

GROUP E: Honduras - 182, Ecuador - 123, France - 53, Switzerland - 48

Those results means the match ups in the knockout round are...

Mexico vs Chile
Brazil vs Netherlands
England vs Group C runner up
Uruguay vs Group C winner
Honduras vs Group F runner up
Ecuador vs Group F winner

The next round of voting will be up as soon as I get the last concept.

Congrats to the winners! I also want to commend Conrad and blackbolt3 on their work in our group — even though you didn't make it into the tourney, that was some top notch stuff. Top work in several other groups, without a doubt.

That was fun while it lasted. I'm not angry at all about losing to the rest of the group. What did come out of it though, was a second team for this year's actual tournament, so thanks for that!

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

well I just missed voting - I did look through them earlier today but didn't have a computer, so the images where small on my phone - but I will put in my votes anyway

Group A:
Mexico
Brazil

Cameroon

Croatia

Group B:

Netherlands

Chile

Australia

Spain

Group D:

Italy

Uruguay

Costa Rica

England

Group E:

Honduras
Ecuador

France

Switzerland

Also, Raysox, I have no idea what it is - could be template - but something about your concepts, no matter how simple they could be, they just stand out. At first, I didn't really like your template with all the stitching and such, but now I feel that my designs are lacking and possibly transferring them to your template will make them come out nicer. Whatever it may be, I always enjoy your concepts.

Okay well I have work at 4, and Clement said he'd get it in by 330. I'm going to post the groups out of order, because I'd rather do that than wait and not have voting open while I'm working. HOPEFULLY I can get group C up before work, and when we vote, just throw them in on top of group F.

Group F
Please let me know if there's a problem with your concept.

Argentina - Saathoff_
tumblr_n7shxtAyem1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Jake88
Logo: The main feature of the logo lies in the Fleur-de-lis. The fleur-de-lis is a symbol of Bosnian peoples, six were on the medieval Kingdom of Bosnia crest and 1992-98 flag. They were also found on the 1992-99 confederation logo. The logo features two shades of yellow, to represent Bosnia and Herzegovina. And the 3 (only 3) points on the fleur-de-lis represent the three ethnic groups of Bosnia, the Serbs, Croats, and Bosniaks. The banner (and underneath it) have the confederation's name on it (Nogometna/Fudbalska reprezentacija Bosne i Hercegovine). Finally the ends of the banner give the founding date of the confederation.

Home: For the first time ever, yellow is a shirt color! The shirt is inspired by native Bosnian artwork (number 3). This shirt is all about two. Two for Bosnia and Herzegovina. The two sides of the front of the shirt, the two stripes found on the arms, socks, and shorts.

Clash: This one is also inspired by Bosnian artwork. It has a straightened sash? (Not sure what to call it) that utilizes it the artwork and also carries over the two stripes.
tumblr_n7shxtAyem1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Iran - AndrewPF
I decided to go with a much simpler logo than the one being used now, which is quite large and cumbersome. I placed the national emblem (as seen on the country’s flag) inside of a star, which itself is a nod to the Persian Stars nickname. I then placed this over a soccer ball, outlined in red and green.

For the uniforms, I chose a clean, classic look that complimented the simplicity and somewhat retro appearance of the logo.

tumblr_n7shxtAyem1qe2dhgo3_500.png

Nigeria - GFB

CREST

The new crest of the Nigeria Football Association is here! The new shield shape is modeled after the shield found within the Nigerian Coat of Arms; it is composed of 37 green quadrants, representing Nigeria's 36 states and Federal Capital Territory, united into one singular shape. The "super" eagle is now depicted in a 'Y' shape, representing Nigeria's two main rivers: the Niger and Benue, which unite together at the city of Lokoja. The easily recognizable green/white/green pattern of the Nigerian flag can be found implied within the border of the crest.

PRIMARY KIT
The inspiration for the new Nigerian primary kit is the embodiment of the new crest into one clean and simplified look. The new kit design was completed under the watchful eye of a new manufacturer, Puma. Instead of the two-tone green look from head to toe, the new primary kit will feature white shorts, allowing the players to dress in the symbolic green/white/green pattern. The 37-shaped pattern found on the new crest can also be found on the sleeves of the jersey. The cuffs of the jerseys and socks will also feature the green/white/green pattern found in the same manner as used one the new crest.

CLASH KIT
If the primary kit is the embodiment of the Nigerian Football Association, the clash kit is the embodiment of the "Super Eagles." For the first time in history, the Super Eagles will take the pitch in an entirely black kit. An oversized, all-green version of the new eagle design has been placed on the body of the jersey, as the wings of the eagles spread across the chest and onto the sleeves. The result is a bold look that proudly ushers in the new era of football for the Super Eagles that promises to take the Nigerian Football Association to new heights.
tumblr_n7shxtAyem1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

Group G
Let me know if there are any problems with your concept.

Germany - capitalcanuck

I tried to keep the classic German soccer identity as much as possibly could but i had to make it my own. The Eagle has some minor updates as well as the borders but the overall nature of the crest is still classic Germany. The Home kit is basic Germany with the white top and the black shorts and with a German flag motif across the chest. The Change kit takes the abstract design from the home kit from the last time Germany won the World Cup and uses that as a basis for a Black and Gray hoops design with black shorts.

tumblr_n7shzx5bZJ1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

Ghana - TorinK92

The current Ghana crest has no real distinguishing features, so it was easy to create a whole new identity for the team. The crest features a Tawny Eagle, which is featured on the country's coat of arms, wings spread ready to grab the soccer ball containing the country's iconic "black star" up into the air towards victory. The ball also replaces the star on the band of the national colours hanging off of the Eagles necks on the coat of arms.

The kits feature the traditional Ghanaian scheme, with all red for the primary and white for the change. Errea was chosen as the sponsor to give one of Africa's premier teams a sense of identity and to be given a unique design as opposed to being handed the same template as dozens of other teams as you would get with Adidas or Nike. The four stars on the inside of the collar represent the four African Championships the team has won, and the pattern on the arms of the change kit mimic the flag of the country.

tumblr_n7shzx5bZJ1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Portugal - LaFarge
For the 2014 CCLSC World Cup, Portugal’s crest consists of a shield featuring three of Portugal’s most important symbols, the cross of the Order of Christ, the armillary sphere, and a quina. The elements are placed within a hollow shield, which features FPF, which stands for Federação Portuguesa de Futebol.

2014 marks the FPF 100th year of existence, and this is displayed upon the kits. Above the crest are the words “Cem Anos,” which translates to “100 Years,” in English.

The Primary kit is a traditional red and features sublimated striping inspired by Portugal’s signature Manueline architecture style. The collar is green with a gold accent, and the entire jersey features gold numbers. This further celebrates the federation’s 100th year, as well as being an element utilized by Portugal in the past. The shorts are green, and the socks are white, featuring a Green-Gold-Red striping pattern that matches the rest of the kit’s design.

The Clash kit is all white, and features a modern design. The chest stripe creates an image of the Portuguese flag created out of hundreds of dots. These dots are inspired by the design commonly found on Rooster of Barcellos, another important symbol in Portugal. The numbers on the clash also feature green dots, a technique that has been utilized by nike in the past.
tumblr_n7shzx5bZJ1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

USA - DawgPacPBH

The details in this United States soccer concept are a mix of ties to previous looks, as well as elements unseen in previous kits. In the crest, we see a similar motif to the centennial crest previously used by the USMNT, however with a brighter red and the addition of lettering. The letting says “USSF” as opposed to the familiar “US” or “US Soccer” because I wanted to keep up similarities with many other national teams, where the federation gets top billing. The home kit borrows a few elements from the widely argued upon 2010 World Cup kit, but sticks to a clean look. The clash kit takes a few more risks with a striped sleeve pattern that is continued on the sock. The blue is a compromise between the familiar navy and the more recent royal blues.
tumblr_n7shzx5bZJ1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

Group H
Let me know if there's a problem with your concept.

Algeria - Orange Crush

My team is Algeria. Nicknamed the 'Les Fennecs' or ‘The Fennec Foxes,’ after the country’s national animal, I decided to add this as an element to the crest and uniforms. The crest consists of the flag of Algeria, with 2 Fennec Foxes on top of the crest. The team colors are the same as those on the flag (Green representing Islam, White representing purity and peace, and Red representing happiness), along with the red Crescent moon which represents Islam (which nearly all of the country is. I also made an alternate logo, consisting of the Crescent and Fennec. I had Adidas replace Puma as the uniform manufacturer. I maintained the primary uniform colors (green & white) that Algeria has worn over the years, but added my own twist to them. On the Home Whites I added the three shoulder stripes, which Adidas is known for, while extending them around the cuff of the sleeves. I also sublimated a Fennec Fox to the jersey. The Clash Greens have 11 stripes on the front of the jersey to represent the month of Algeria’s revolution day, November (11th month). Each pair of shorts has the typical Adidas stripe, but it continues around the cuff on the shorts. I also added the 'Crescent Fennec' to the right front of the shorts.

I would like to extend a special thanks to Conrad and Raysox for their help in this process. Conrad, your fonts were a lifesaver, and I think they really helped my crest and uniforms become a thing of beauty. Raysox, thank you for running a great 'Concept Cup.' I really appreciate you setting all of this up, and I look forward to others in the future. Good Luck to everyone, I'm excited to see what kind of amazing designs y'all come up with.

tumblr_n7si2sZvDt1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

Belgium - TalkToChuck

The re-designed crest for the Royal Belgian Football Association features the national colors of black, red and yellow. Due to Belgium's dual languages, the crest features both the Dutch (KBVB) and French (URBSFA) names of the Association over the nation's tri-color flag. Above that, the crest features a Leo Belgicus (Belgian Lion) flanked by the association's founding year of 1895. And atop the crest is a stylized crown. Both the lion and the crown are also featured on the nation's coat of arms.

The primary kit is Belgium's traditional all red. It features sublimated diagonal stripes on the jersey, similar to the jersey design used for the 1986 World Cup, which saw Belgium's best finish. The jersey also features yellow numbers and NOB, with the 2014 World Cup patch on the right shoulder. Just under the back collar is a yellow circle forming a pitchfork in the negative space. This is meant as a tribute to the national team's nickname of the Red Devils. The collar also features black/yellow/red striping to mimic the flag. And embroidered on the inside of the collar is the nation's motto "L'Union fait la force," meaning Unity Makes Strength, flanked by two Belgian Lions.

The clash kit is Belgium's traditional all white. It is devoid of the diagonal stripes, but does feature collar and sleeve striping, mimicking the national flag, through the kit. It contains the Red Devils logo and national motto embroidery as well.

Both kits are manufactured by Burrda Sport.

tumblr_n7si2sZvDt1qe2dhgo2_1280.jpg

Russia - CAB

Russia is not only the largest country in the world, but is also one of the most powerful and influential. Spanning two continents, few other nations have had a greater impact on the world than Russia. But they have yet to leave their mark on the World Cup. They are a team that has struggled to find their true aesthetic identity over the years, however I believe they are close to getting it right. Being one of many countries sporting red, white, and blue as national colors, it can be difficult that have a unique look on the pitch. But the recent switch to a dark red and gold scheme is a step in the right direction.

Since the 15th Century, Russia’s coat of arms has undergone many changes, but the one constant is the double-headed eagle. It has also always been the symbol of the Russian Football Union. My crest concept is a fresh take on a traditional symbol. I downsized the soccer ball and placed it in the middle so everything can fit in a more concise, circular shape.
The home kit is a mix of old and new as well. I kept the burgundy/maroon color from their 2014 shirts, but used more red in the form of horizontal stripes. The detail on the gold striping is inspired by Russian patchwork and the geometric designs found throughout most Russian architecture. The reflective gold numbers and stripes are an homage to the golden domes of various buildings such as the Cathedral of Annunciation and St Basil’s Cathedral. The sublimated wing design on the front is an obvious tie to the revamped crest.
For the clash I went a different route than they have previously Russian kits. They are visually similar to the home kits, also using horizontal stripes. The striping pattern of (white) blue and red is meant to represent the Russian flag. Think of this as a “national pride” kit. The flag pattern also is evident on the shoulders, tying in with adidas’ three-stripe design.
Side-note: I didn’t realize until after I made this that Roman Shirokov is going to miss the World Cup due to a back injury.

tumblr_n7si2sZvDt1qe2dhgo3_1280.jpg

South Korea - McElroy19

For my redesign of the Korean Football Association (KFA) Uniform and Crest I really wanted to create a unique look that helped bring Korea into the Modern Era. To start off I wanted to update the KFA's crest and give them a modern take on their already very cool "White Tigers" identity; to do this I stripped the logo of a lot of the clutter and cut it down to its essential elements.

For the jerseys I wanted to incorporate an Idea I hear a lot when applied to soccer, "For Club and Country", I took this Idea and Created two jerseys that serve once side of that statement.

The Red Jersey, which represents the Country of Korea is Covered in Jagged Diamonds representative of the many mountains and Hills of Korea and the Soft Rounded Pin stripes found in the Yoke Representing the Water ways and Oceans in and surrounding South Korea.

The Blue Jersey, Represents the KFA or the Club aspect, although still a jersey for a national team I see this more as taking Pride in the fact that the players are playing for their National Club not just their Country. The Color pallet shifts to the Blues and Golds of the crests to help show this idea. The Jersey heavily features the four trigrams seen on the Korean Flag witch, in Korean Culture represent several things including, the Four Elements, the Cardinal directions and, the four virtues.

Together the Kits create the Yin and Yang seen on the Korean National Flag and fully EmbFor my redesign of the Korean Football Association (KFA) Uniform and Crest I really wanted to create a unique look that helped bring Korea into the Modern Era. To start off I wanted to update the KFA's crest and give them a modern take on their already very cool "White Tigers" identity; to do this I stripped the logo of a lot of the clutter and cut it down to its essential elements.

For the jerseys I wanted to incorporate an Idea I hear a lot when applied to soccer, "For Club and Country", I took this Idea and Created two jerseys that serve once side of that statement.

The Red Jersey, witch represents the Country of Korea is Covered in Jagged Diamonds representative of the many mountains and Hills of Korea and the Soft Rounded Pin stripes found in the Yoke Representing the Water ways and Oceans in and surrounding South Korea.

The Blue Jersey, Represents the KFA or the Club aspect, although still a jersey for a national team I see this more as taking Pride in the fact that the players are playing for their National Club not just their Country. The Color pallet shifts to the Blues and Golds of the crests to help show this idea. The Jersey heavily features the four trigrams seen on the Korean Flag witch, in Korean Culture represent several things including, the Four Elements, the Cardinal directions and, the four virtues.

Together the Kits create the Yin and Yang seen on the Korean National Flag and fully Embrace the Idea of Club and Country.race the Idea of Club and Country.
tumblr_n7si2sZvDt1qe2dhgo1_1280.jpg

Group C

Let me know if there's anything wrong with your concept. Greece will have a 20 point deduction for missing 2 deadlines.

Colombia - NaonedPride

tumblr_n7sjxwYlPy1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

Ivory Coast - Jaker52
The crest shape is made up by four elephant "tusks" to pay tribute to the ivory industry at the heart and soul of the country. 7 dark spots on the soccer ball represent seven top three finishes in the African Cup of Nations. The uniforms give the National team the simplicity the have always had while adding a little bit beyond the simple green and the simple orange from over the years. The team now has a white kit like almost every other African Country wears at some point.

tumblr_n7sjxwYlPy1qe2dhgo1_1280.jpg

Japan - McCarthy

The Badge- If one were to look at their current logo with no previous knowledge of the JFA or the Yatagarasu they would have no idea what country this logo represents. This new badge instantly identifies that this is Japan. The Yatagarasu, the three-legged raven that in Japanese lore brings good luck and messages from the supreme Shinto sun goddess Amaterasu, has been freshened and positioned in flight to appear more visually striking, like a soccer player flying down the wing of the pitch with the ball on his foot. On the left side of the badge is the rising sun, the simple and iconic image from the Japanese flag, rising above Mt. Fuji, the geographical center of Japan and a symbol of unity and strength for Japan. The team, like Mt Fuji, will be immovable.

The kits – Japan chose an interesting color palette for this year’s world cup: their usual blue paired with hot pink. Blue is a very popular color among World Cup participants this year so I chose to emphasize the pink without going overboard in order to make the Japanese stand out from their competitors. The “sash” element was taken from the paint brush stroke-like image that’s on the back of their shirts this tournament. That was a dynamic element that needed a more prominent position. The brush stroke takes center stage on the Japanese chests and will represent their fast, in your face, and unified style of play. This was carried over to the shorts to create a cohesive look and matched with pink socks so there will be no mistaking what team we are watching. Also on the shorts is the Kanji symbol for Samurai as the Japanese soccer team has been nicknamed the “Samurai Blue”.

Clash: In this tournament Japan will wear a bright, almost tennis ball green clash kit for some of their games. This is in no way representative of their soccer history or culture. The solution: I’ve always loved the simplicity of the Japanese flag so plain white with their famous rising sun front and center was a no-brainer. Essentially the Samurai Blue will be walking versions of their country’s flag. Now, there will be a bunch of teams in the tournament who will wear all-white, but only one who will pair all white with pink numbers, the pink that Japan will grow to own. In addition to the pink numbers the Kanji symbol for samurai is also on the shorts providing more cohesion between the two sets. So with their new badge and whether in their blues or their whites they will be instantly recognizable as the Japanese Football Association.

tumblr_n7sjxwYlPy1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Greece - chrisCLEMENT

GREECE_zpscd212fea.png

okay vote.

Group F

1. Nigeria (this concept just took all of us to school)

2. Argentina

3. Bosnia and Herzegovina

4. Iran

Group G

1. Portugal

2. USA

3. Ghana

4. Germany

Group H

1. Russia

2. Korea

3. Belgium

4. Algeria

Group C

Nice job groupmates. It's pretty crazy how similar my logo is to that of Chile and Columiba's.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Group F

1. Bosnia

2. Argentina

3. Nigeria

4. Iran

Group G

1. United States of America

2. Germany

3. Portugal

4. Ghana

Group H