Crystal Beach Comets Logo

KubiakDesigns

Crystal Beach is a small suburb of Niagara Falls that was once home to a famous amusement park, with a star attraction, the Comet rollercoaster.

A few of my friends are doing the Play-On street hockey tourney this summer, and are going under this name, so they asked me to do a logo for this team.

The script in front of the rest of the logo is taken off of the old amusement park's logo. I drew a roller coaster behind waves and let that be the background. The comet isn't anything special, except for the crescent moon that it forms at the tip. The last day of the park was on a waning crescent phase, so there is some good symbology there.

Crystal+Beach+Comets+Logo.png

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

Well, it's very pixelated. One thing that always grabs someone's negative comments is the resolution of the logo. It looks like an old logo for an amusement park which is basically what it looks like, it doesn't look like a logo for a sports team. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see the 'comet' isn't a comet. It looks more like the moon being on fire. There is gonna have to be a lot of work done to make this a good logo but if you put the work in I think it can be a good one.

Some might say take the Coaster out but being from Buffalo I understand and have heard many stories of how great the amusement park was at Crystal Beach. I'd leave something in their with a coaster. However, I would not have a full coaster background. I think a Comet might be hard to get off of reference images since from pictures it's basically just a very bright ball, but I'd look at other sports logos to see what they did for comets and you can get a better understanding what yours could look like. I'm not sure about the crescent moon. I think it throws off the comet look.

Also get a better resolution of the script or make one up from scratch that's similar.

Agreed, the full coaster does not need to be in there. It's too much. But maybe a roller coaster car with a contrail, as if it were the comet. Just a thought.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Agreed, the full coaster does not need to be in there. It's too much. But maybe a roller coaster car with a contrail, as if it were the comet. Just a thought.

That's a good idea. Have the coaster cart be the main focus flaming out.

Crystal Beach is a small suburb of Niagara Falls...

No, it's not. Fort Erie, definitely.

I ought to know. I used to live in the Ridgeway/Crystal Beach for nearly 25 years. It usually takes about a 30-40 minute drive to get to Niagara Falls.

BTW, the logo is great, even if it does look a little pixelated and some would say amateurish. I wonder if the Brooklyn Cyclones logo started out like that, in their initial draft stages?

I want to know why you have such a good logo for yourself (or brand), but you make crappy concepts.

Also stealing is a no-no.

Wow come on. this guy has potential in his logo be at least a little nice to him.
Yeah but as mattb6 pointed out he plagiarized two pictures and combined them to make his "logo".

Mr wonka covered everything i would have.

Don't just post to post.

I want to know why you have such a good logo for yourself (or brand), but you make crappy concepts.

Wow come on. this guy has potential in his logo be at least a little nice to him.
Yeah but as mattb6 pointed out he plagiarized two pictures and combined them to make his "logo".

To be fair he did admit to taking a logo from somewhere else in his explanation. I think the bigger problem here is this guy pumping out a million concepts and not taking his time.

Like I said in another thread, don't rush. Take your time on these. Everything is very pixilated and really just pasted together.

Where is their potential in the logo? It is literally just two stolen elements...

spacer.png

Thats all crystal beach uses. That word mark or advertizing the rollar coaster. From buffalo, that logo explains Crystal beach, besides the pixilation. Yes it really isn't the best concept, but if someone else made that logo it would look great. It just needs a little effert put in to it and it would be awesome. That is why it has potential.

Thats all crystal beach uses. That word mark or advertizing the rollar coaster. From buffalo, that logo explains Crystal beach, besides the pixilation. Yes it really isn't the best concept, but if someone else made that logo it would look great. It just needs a little effert put in to it and it would be awesome. That is why it has potential.

No it doesn't. The only thing lazier than copying and pasting pieces from other logos is just posting a single logo and claiming you did it yourself. There is no potential here other than potential instances of plagiarism.

Mr wonka covered everything i would have.

Don't just post to post.

To be fair he did admit to taking a logo from somewhere else in his explanation. I think the bigger problem here is this guy pumping out a million concepts and not taking his time.

Like I said in another thread, don't rush. Take your time on these. Everything is very pixilated and really just pasted together.

He only gave credit for the the script, and lied about drawing the roller coaster...

I drew a roller coaster behind waves and let that be the background.

Archived