Twins Uniforms

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't switch to the creams, no way. The Twins royally botched the mini rebrand in 2010, and many of us called it from the beginning. The navy with a red outline was much more visually appealing than the red with navy. The Twins should have used the revamped wordmark and made all characters on the home and road jerseys navy with a red outline. That way the team would never wear the throwbacks, with the only difference being the cream color and the wonkier wordmark.

The Twins rolled out a new wordmark with it all over their new stadium, but immediately undercut it by giving the team a better-looking alternative, which they have started wearing as much or more than the white jerseys. That's a big fail. They should undo their initial failure - dump the throwbacks and switch the home and roads to navy with a red outline. The cream jersey trend needs to die. It's fine for period-appropriate throwbacks, but when it gets to the point of "we look like 40 years ago for most home games," it's gone too far.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like their look, apart from a few beefs I have with the piping and the navy alts, but man...that big TWINS has to go. While Phillies and White Sox and Indians and several other teams have had their late 80s-early 90s looks age well, the TWINS script looks so old and dated. I actually have the opposite opinion of TheOldRoman, I'd prefer they go to the old script full time. However, I don't think those cream throwbacks should become standard.

I personally much prefer their regular home uniforms to the cream, though it could just be that it feels like they wear the cream ones too often. I like both of them a great deal though. Am I in the minority of thinking that the "Twins" script shouldn't go away?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

I personally much prefer their regular home uniforms to the cream, though it could just be that it feels like they wear the cream ones too often. I like both of them a great deal though. Am I in the minority of thinking that the "Twins" script shouldn't go away?

This belongs in the "unpopular opinions" forum

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

So you really didn't want our opinions here if they differ from yours?

I think they should go back to the M cap, and the World Series era unis as a whole are much better than the fauxback cream.

Sorry, wasn't thinking when I said that. I'm gonna shut up now

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

like to see a new "M" hat not the m that was used by 87-99 or whatever. Team is named Minnesota not twin cities don't think anyone in twentyfourteen is going to think the M stands for Minneapolis

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I agree with this. The creams aren't all that great looking for them to be wearing it as much as they do, imo. The home uni is "old" to some people, but I thought the overall set was freshened up nicely with the new away uni, alt, and TC cap.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel that the Twins should completely dump anything that bears any resemblance to the Metrodome years. If they would just put a front number on the creme alts, change the uniform base from creme to white, and put an NOB on the jerseys, it'd be perfect. The road could also use some adjustment, namely the addition of a proper tail to the wordmark. Also, if they needed an "M" cap, Scoffing Yayap made an excellent "M" logo that fit in with the current set in his MLB series (second in the top row, click to zoom):

V4Dqdpj.jpg

I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel that the Twins should completely dump anything that bears any resemblance to the Metrodome years. If they would just put a front number on the creme alts, change the uniform base from creme to white, and put an NOB on the jerseys, it'd be perfect. The road could also use some adjustment, namely the addition of a proper tail to the wordmark. Also, if they needed an "M" cap, Scoffing Yayap made an excellent "M" logo that fit in with the current set in his MLB series (second in the top row, click to zoom):

V4Dqdpj.jpg

1) Thank you for the shoutout

2) It's simply the M they use on the Minnesota script. A good way to create a new look while retaining popular elements of their old one.

the tc logo is a great logo it just seems out of place for a team called the Minnesota twins. as a young child who lives in mpls I never understood why the hats had a tc on it.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I don't like the current "Minnesota" script, I preferred the "Minnesota" block font from the prior set. The current "Minnesota" script looks awkward to me, it just doesn't fit as it's trying to mesh two eras (Carew and Puckett eras) together.

I like the creams, but I think a perfect look might be the creams converted to white. Twins in navy, outlined in red. Pinstripes optional.

For the road? A simple gray with the current Minnesota script in red outlined in navy, with perhaps a modification to the M. Even the vertically arched "MINNESOTA" would work for me.

Now is where it gets tricky. The cap. I love the T/C but I understand why people do want a change. Perhaps a revised M that matches the roads, and yet doesn't look too much like Milwaukee's M. I don't have a clear answer for this.

No to road pinstripes. No to any of the Metrodome era home wordmarks, other than perhaps for alts.

Archived