2014-2015 NBA Rookies With Jersey/Uniform

PTR87

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Gordon, when asked why he wanted 00, said he was initially gonna wear the Shaq 32 in honor of Magic Johnson but would rather wear 00 as he wanted that to represent the fans wide open eyes when they see the team play lol...Payton snagged the 4 once the Afflalo deal was official.

http://i.imgur.com/xxqtWMw.jpg

If the NBA thing doesn't work out Gordon has a future in Nike's marketing department.

Yes, or bring back the LeBron-era unis. But keep the colors and logos.

You want those unis back? With all those unnecessary outlines cluttering things up? :P

Every design is individual. In some cases, like in those Cavs' unis, outlines match the style of the uniform and the identity.

6kxnKL6.jpg

Never noticed the yellow outline on the numbers. Seems to defeat the purpose of the super-light number system they came up with.

White jerseys have white outlines on the numbers, and red jerseys have red outlines on the numbers, and so on. The numbers are still light, and they were supposed to be ironed on or something, but they'd fall off, so they went back to using stiches. I get what you're saying: it'd make more sense to, in this case, use purple stitching and avoid using the extra fabric altogether. I'd like to think that they've tried that out first but either it didn't work or it would somehow damage or cause the numbers to fall apart quicker, which is why they took this path. You generally can't tell on TV unless it's a close-up shot, but up close, it looks pretty bad. Screening the jersey would save more weight, but the numbers would wear out. As a fan, I prefer the tackle-twill look. I still hate that they changed the players name font when they went to this v-neck design in 1999. It's the same design they use in Portland, one of the Lakers main rivals.

kamanblake.jpg?itok=87tvhdts

Kaman and Blake kind of look like the medium and large versions of the same person...

farmar-hawes-press-conference-gallery1-1

Farmar moves down the hallway.

farmar-hawes-press-conference-gallery1-3

I've got no snarky comment for this one. Hawes, Clippers...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

kamanblake.jpg?itok=87tvhdts

Kaman and Blake kind of look like the medium and large versions of the same person...

farmar-hawes-press-conference-gallery1-1

Farmar moves down the hallway.

farmar-hawes-press-conference-gallery1-3

I've got no snarky comment for this one. Hawes, Clippers...

4 of the ugliest people in the world right there !! holy crap

Wait, they are not rookies. Stick to the topics.

Sorry, it used to be we just had the topics combined. Guess I got ahead of myself.... but also...

I would rather suggest to change the name of the topic. There's no point in have separate topics for rookies and signed free agents/traded players.

I agree with this.

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

• 2 weeks later...

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

As weird as this will sound, I've grown to sort of like the NBA in the back like how the MLB does it. It makes the front look cleaner, that is, until we start selling ad space. But if they don't make it into ad space, I think the jerseys overall will look better. Especially without the forced secondary logos on the back. Sometimes change can be good!

the reason why mlb (short-wide rectangle) works and nfl (square) would work is the logo shape in the available space. the nba logo (narrow-tall rectangle) dead center on the back looks ridiculous, it gets completely lost on there

I'm still perplexed why the NBA logo doesn't utilize a keyline...really gets lost on dark jerseys.

New Suns signees

460x.jpg

1406001503000-Suns.jpg

BtHXe2TCUAAAVFV.jpg

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Lakers Additions

Jeremy Lin, #17

jeremy-lin-los-angeles-lakers-17.jpg

0725_SPO_LDN-L-LAKERS-LIN.439-L.jpg

Ed Davis, #21

Ed-Davis1.jpg

452568412-ed-davis-of-the-los-angeles-la

(Now I found the getty images of off season free agent press conferences. If this is not kosher, I will gladly take the image down)

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

Archived