Marlins blue jersey

MNtwins3

I'm watching the Marlins play the Reds in Miami, and noticed that the backstop at Marlins Park is a beautiful shade of green. This color is used quite a bit throughout the park. I can't find a photo of the backstop but there's one of the right field wall below.

It occurred to me that this color would work in place of the black that they love to use so much. Thoughts?

pads1.jpg

I wished they used orange or blue instead of that green on the backstop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img_2224_1.jpg

While initially thinking Miami had made a mess of their look, I now think the bright colors are something that should be embraced by the Marlins. This hat is fabulous.
Cosign! !

Despite it not being teal, adding this shade of blue cap and jersey to the mix might win over some of the teal loyalists among Marlins fans.

I'm watching the Marlins play the Reds in Miami, and noticed that the backstop at Marlins Park is a beautiful shade of green. This color is used quite a bit throughout the park. I can't find a photo of the backstop but there's one of the right field wall below.

It occurred to me that this color would work in place of the black that they love to use so much. Thoughts?

pads1.jpg

I would love it if the Marlin went with this green and either the seat color blue or the blue jersey color as their two main colors. They could nix the yellow and black and limit the orange.

I believe that shade of green is inspired by Joan Miró. Oh, Jeffrey.

As I've made clear, I love vibrant colors for the Marlins. I love the way that blue hat and green hat (photoshop?) both look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That is one of the most hideous shades of green I've ever seen. It would a travesty if the Marlins used that in their branding.

It doesn't look that light and bright on television. It may just be the lighting in the photo.

Oh I disagree. I think it looks pretty much like that. Maybe depends on if the roof is closed or time of day of the games you are watching. I really like it, just not up against that shade of blue. I think the railings should be orange or yellow or some other color. Despite the "brightness" of the green (it's not neon or anything, but it is kinda bright), it just looks "cold" without any warm / bright / "sunny" colors in there too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd leave the railings alone and have more colorful seating options. Probably wouldn't go full-on Met Center scatter, but maybe go section by section instead.

I'd leave the railings alone and have more colorful seating options. Probably wouldn't go full-on Met Center scatter, but maybe go section by section instead.

"Met Center scatter"...I love how you put that. What a royal screw-up that was in Bloomington, eh?

The seats? I don't know, I think it was a clever optical illusion to keep the eye from seeing empty seats, which apparently there were a lot of at Stars games because people cared more about 16-year-old boys like a bunch of creeperoos.

The seats? I don't know, I think it was a clever optical illusion to keep the eye from seeing empty seats, which apparently there were a lot of at Stars games because people cared more about 16-year-old boys like a bunch of creeperoos.

I don't know if you know the real story behind the seats...

Archived