Marlins blue jersey

damnyoutuesday

The seats? I don't know, I think it was a clever optical illusion to keep the eye from seeing empty seats, which apparently there were a lot of at Stars games because people cared more about 16-year-old boys like a bunch of creeperoos.

I don't know if you know the real story behind the seats...

I don't. Do tell.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one of the most hideous shades of green I've ever seen. It would a travesty if the Marlins used that in their branding.

It doesn't look that light and bright on television. It may just be the lighting in the photo.

To get Leed certified they didn't install useless lights that only made it brighter, with the roof open you see an immense difference.

I feel like the concessions smoke doesn't leave the building properly, and makes it look a bit duller on tv.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The seats? I don't know, I think it was a clever optical illusion to keep the eye from seeing empty seats, which apparently there were a lot of at Stars games because people cared more about 16-year-old boys like a bunch of creeperoos.

I don't know if you know the real story behind the seats...
I don't. Do tell.
The whole arena was slapped together in about a year. Seats arrived last-second and were being installed as fans were literally entering the Met Center on opening night in 1967. Workers didn't have time to follow the plans and just mounted the seats in place without any regards to a particular pattern.

Back on topic, I now believe a blue Marlins scheme would actually top the former Florida Marlins look.

The Marlins are a tough one for me. I absolutely love their current scheme (yes I am one of the handful) but at the same time I miss the priceless teal look. Decisions, decisions. Either way, the black needs to and the blue needs to be used more.

On a side note, the Hurricanes really need to build a retractable roof Orange Bowl replica stadium next to this ballpark in those empty lots.

The Marlins are a tough one for me. I absolutely love their current scheme (yes I am one of the handful) but at the same time I miss the priceless teal look. Decisions, decisions. Either way, the black needs to and the blue needs to be used more.

On a side note, the Hurricanes really need to build a retractable roof Orange Bowl replica stadium next to this ballpark in those empty lots.

Ummm, what empty lots? There's barely enough parking for a game with 30k fans.

Only empty lot is a softball field that's a parking lot when the marlins play. And it's no bigger than a Kmart building.

I don't know how close it actually is, but the shade of green in Marlins Stadium looks very similar to the shade used at the very end of Comiskey Park I. The color scheme of the seats changed many times over the years (independent of the many times the team's colors changed). Although they replaced the seats a few times, they never replaced the slatbacks of the bleachers, which they just painted a bunch of times. I have a bleacher back from the park which shows four of five different colors in paint layers on the side. The last version was a very bright green, slightly lighter than Kelly.

9G4HI4--w5kjzb0CYUz9mw.jpg

This picture doesn't really do it justice, as the color is actually brighter than it appears. Anyway, I like that color for the Marlins, and that's probably the reason why.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ahhh, I see, literally right on top of the three surface lots. There is no space for a Stadium there. You can walk in a zig zag pattern and walk the entire three lots in 5 minutes.

I'm watching the Marlins play the Reds in Miami, and noticed that the backstop at Marlins Park is a beautiful shade of green. This color is used quite a bit throughout the park. I can't find a photo of the backstop but there's one of the right field wall below.

It occurred to me that this color would work in place of the black that they love to use so much. Thoughts?

pads1.jpg

I actually detest the green walls. I like the color but it looks awful for the walls.

Been to a bunch of games there, feels like I'm on a green screen set...

About the blue jerseys, I have a source who said the marlins were planning on wearing these blues jerseys however they scrapped the idea.

To me it seems they're testing it out with the first pitch people and a give away they had were it was a blue marlins soccer style jersey during the world cup.

True2OB.png

Archived