Québec Nordiques Logo Concept (Final update may 7 2015)

Christian Legault

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

YES i know i might be getting annoying with this concept.. but i just want to make it the best i possibly can. The biggest complaint i received is that The colours are to similar to winnipeg. It took a long time, but HERE I FIXED IT! C&C please. is it better now?

QN-CTL_zpsekewqni9.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

This looks fantastic. The only thing I would comment on is the secondary QN logo looks like there is a U also, and I keep trying to figure out what the U stands for. I realize it isn't actually a U, but that's what it looks like. Perhaps swapping the gray and white would help the N stand out more. Otherwise, the "U" was the first thing I noticed.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

This is a great looking concept Christian.

The snowy owl logo, the citadel striping, the colours, are all great.

Maybe the "Q-n" logo doesn't need the solid blue stripe separating them.

A silver "n", laid inside a white "Q" might be all you need.

Really nice work.

...And don't worry about bumping this up.

It's good to see someone "sticking with it" until they're completely happy with their work.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Yes it may seem odd i'm posting this now, but I've had so little time that finally when I do its really late. I decided to edit once again my logo, like sparky said, I won't stop until I'm satisfied. And I think I'm finally satisfied. Ive addressed the major issues that people complained. 1. Colours don't look like winnipeg anymore. 2. I fixed the weird face. etc. etc. And yes snowy owl'S can't be that intimidating but i tried to this time.

So for the last time here is my update. Any thoughts before i close this logo and thread for good?

QNLOGOwm_zpshkjxzpjl.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Hello everyone. Yes it may seem odd i'm posting this now, but I've had so little time that finally when I do its really late. I decided to edit once again my logo, like sparky said, I won't stop until I'm satisfied. And I think I'm finally satisfied. Ive addressed the major issues that people complained. 1. Colours don't look like winnipeg anymore. 2. I fixed the weird face. etc. etc. And yes snowy owl'S can't be that intimidating but i tried to this time.

So for the last time here is my update. Any thoughts before i close this logo and thread for good?

QNLOGOwm_zpshkjxzpjl.png

I love the update to the logo, but I noticed just a few cleanups. I've circled some areas that stood out to me.

5mMsGJT.png

The circled area outside the talon has rough edging compared to the other side.

The circled area inside the talon shows an off line.

The circled area of the rempart shows a little too much white/negative space on the right compared to the left.

The red line shows a discrepancy in the height of the serif.

The grey border of the bottom point's width seems to get thicker the lower you get. It seems to do this for the opposite side of the circled area outside the talon as well.

The outside border should be gone over again and smoothed out.

Just trying to help a brotha out.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• 1 year later...

Archived