Québec Nordiques Logo Concept (Final update may 7 2015)

Christian Legault

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to show a picture instead of giving a link, click the tree icon when you are making a post. Paste the url. Presto.quebecnordiquesconcept_zps04e4ec76.png

ChristianLegault-QBC_zps7f2b476b.png

logoooooo_zps07f00ba6.png

I really like this. I don't like the baby blue as much as the dark blue. For me it doesn't work as well with the silver and white, but I'm not sure why. Usually I like light blue concepts; for some reason I'm not as big a fan of this one.

The logos are good, although I'm not sure why the owl's head is tilted off to his left (our right). What is the meaning of the shape below the owl? The alternate logo with the silhouette and fleurs-de-lis is great.

award%20sig.png

In order to show a picture instead of giving a link, click the tree icon when you are making a post. Paste the url. Presto.quebecnordiquesconcept_zps04e4ec76.png

ChristianLegault-QBC_zps7f2b476b.png

logoooooo_zps07f00ba6.png

I really like this. I don't like the baby blue as much as the dark blue. For me it doesn't work as well with the silver and white, but I'm not sure why. Usually I like light blue concepts; for some reason I'm not as big a fan of this one.

The logos are good, although I'm not sure why the owl's head is tilted off to his left (our right). What is the meaning of the shape below the owl? The alternate logo with the silhouette and fleurs-de-lis is great.

Thanks for the tip, (I'm new if you haven't noticed). and i posted the image giving you a picture that shows what the shape is all about!

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

place your links between img code to show images.

[img]insert link here[/img]

The baby blue set is best. I personally would like more the beak if it was symetric. It remembers me that ''art student owl'' meme.

thanks for the tip. This is my first post so I'm really new to all of this. but yes, it was mainly to give his head a bit of a tilt towards one side. I liked it better this way, but i can understand wanting his face staring directly at you.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

This is a very stunning concept, I agree that the logo needs to be cleaned up. The navy looks better than the baby blue, but you could use the baby blue as an alternate.

I originally did this concept with no baby blue in mind, but I thought i'd try it with baby blue. And I really didn't think the logo I made fit in well with the colour because it had no baby blue in it. Also i shared this concept on bar down's twitter, and most of the responses i got were that they really like the alternate I made. So i think if i was to revamp this concept, id add a little baby blue in the logo, and add a little of that colour in the striping. Thanks for your comment!

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Funny story about the Naval Museum. Apparently, you aren't supposed to go in there without a tour guide. Well, my family and I didn't know that. Us American tourists went in taking pictures of everything, pretending to fire the cannons, looking at the view. A guard that didn't speak English well kicked us out. Anyway, great concept.

303h7kn.jpg

Very good. I saw the Citadel without the picture, but its actual shape has four-sided projections, which may make it more recognisable. Some Canadians might interpret it now as the bottom of a maple leaf...

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I like the idea I guess. I think the owls facial features just seem too plastered on. Like a cut and paste kind of thing. Also it would be beautiful if you could use the baby blue as an accent color. Like in the owls eyes and around the yoke and collar and stuff.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

• 1 month later...

Really like that update. I still see the eyes and nose area uncentered with the head once that is fixed this will be a pretty nice logo. Love the use of more light blue too.

One thing I think needs a change is the gray. I say it should be darker. If I tilt my screen just a tad then I can't even see any of it. So I would darken it so that it doesn't blur too much with the white.

Darken the grey yes. Other than that it looks amazing. Definately better than what was on Icethetics though. :P

As for the title, go click edit on the first post, then click full editor, and you should be able to edit the post then.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Darken the grey yes. Other than that it looks amazing. Definately better than what was on Icethetics though. :P

As for the title, go click edit on the first post, then click full editor, and you should be able to edit the post then.

Thanks! And yep, I sent that a while ago, and I was looking back on it today and thought, wow maybe this need some tlc

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

First of all, let me say that there is no doubt that you have talent.

I really like what you did.

At first, I thought the harafng was a little too cliché, but it grew on me. I would also like to see a little more of the Citadelle's (which is more than just a museum, it has a whole historical meaning) shape sticking out.

And the one thing that sorts of bug me is the head, too circular.

That being said, I love the whole jersey set, great wok!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

First of all, let me say that there is no doubt that you have talent.

I really like what you did.

At first, I thought the harafng was a little too cliché, but it grew on me. I would also like to see a little more of the Citadelle's (which is more than just a museum, it has a whole historical meaning) shape sticking out.

And the one thing that sorts of bug me is the head, too circular.

That being said, I love the whole jersey set, great wok!

Thanks appreciate it. Yeah, I actually went to it this summer, it was just a way of explaining it in one word. And yeah, but "les harfangs" have round heads so I wanted to replicate that

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Archived