Québec Nordiques Logo Concept (Final update may 7 2015)

Christian Legault

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The primary logo is fantastic. Fresh, original and fantastically rendered. I just wish the jerseys represented the history of the team a little more. Pairing the owl with some Fleur De Lis would look spectacular but that's just me. Fantastic work :)

The primary logo is fantastic. Fresh, original and fantastically rendered. I just wish the jerseys represented the history of the team a little more. Pairing the owl with some Fleur De Lis would look spectacular but that's just me. Fantastic work :)

Yeah I will be redoing the jerseys soon to go with the logo I did.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I'm on board with the stick idea as well.

Just noticed the Citadelle shape behind the Owl, very very nice touch. I will miss the FDL on the shoulder patches as well though.

How does the jersey look with that lighter, more traditional Nordique blue? With the logo colours changing accordingly of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I prefer the logo that you have on the third jersey you created.

I just am not a big fan of the Owl, though I understand it has a significants to the province. Also; some of your uniform designs are very similar to what the Jets are wearing right now.

I like the idea of the third jersey logo being the main logo, and moving the Owl logo to the sleeve like you did.

You know, this is pretty damn refreshing to see. Really glad I clicked this concept.

The only things I feel like highlighting are maybe try a white outline on that last logo update and place it on the vibrant blue for the home uniform. Also I'll note that with a few touch ups on the shading within the owl, this could look pretty phenomenal. The grey areas in various spots could use a touch up. Specifically to make it flow with the lines around them. And the face lines could benefit a ton from removing the dark blue outline around the eyes (or thickening it considerably), the eyebrow ish part (not sure what to call it) could use white and grey perhaps? give it a more fluffy feel rather than the current lines being used. I'll also suggest this for the grey area on the sides of the eyes, perhaps fluff that up a little more?

Easily this was a pleasure to see and I'll proudly give you a golf clap, hope this develops into a super credible guideline for the future of NHL hockey in Quebec City branding wise.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• 2 weeks later...

In looking at this again, I noticed that the owl only needed a shape above the head to complete a fleur de lis shape. What that shape would be, I'm not sure- a Q, a moon, a tower...

Oh, and please, no more sticks breaking in half! That is a really overdone cliché!

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived