2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

Looks really nice. Couple questions though: Are those half-courts on the sides really necessary? Who uses those? Could they not put seats there? I thought Vanderbilt had the most unique arena, but that circle arena is weird. Also, what does the 7220 stand for?

The side courts dissapear under sections they bring in for games. Its hard to tell they aren't built into the arena. They did a nice job. The side courts are just for practice. The 7220 stands for the elevation. The school saying is Welcome to 7220. Its the highest basketball and football venues in the US so they like to play up the lack of oxygen. I'll try and post a pic of what gameday looks like.

Interesting. I always figured the Air Force Academy had the highest elevation.

And yeah, CAB, I'm happy UConn went back to that sort of look!

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realize until now that UConn got some new unis this year. A sort of throwback to their early 2000s look, which has always been my favorite from them.

635520956577359342-AP-BRYANT-UCONN-BASKEuconn-2004-charlie-villanueva-zoom-huara

This looks great, and I agree, that's a pretty iconic look for them. It's interesting that Nike chose not to use the red shorts stripes that went all around the legs, but I think it's the right choice in a more minimalist basketball uniform era

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Watching Butler vs. Georgetown and this is the first Battle 4 Atlantis game I've seen, so I may be late to this, but I absolutely love the court lighting.

atlantis.0.png

(snarky SB Nation image from an earlier game, for reference)

UNC needs to be walked off a plank after playing like crap that game.
shado_logo.gif

I'm not sure if I like the green on those gold uniforms. Green on gold just doesn't say Notre Dame to me. I do like the Irish script though--I'm glad UA came up with a version to replace the one Adidas had.

I'd also be interested to hear if there's any specific inspiration for the shorts design. Nothing is jumping out at me off the top of my head.

Didn't realize until now that UConn got some new unis this year. A sort of throwback to their early 2000s look, which has always been my favorite from them.

635520956577359342-AP-BRYANT-UCONN-BASKEuconn-2004-charlie-villanueva-zoom-huara

This looks great, and I agree, that's a pretty iconic look for them. It's interesting that Nike chose not to use the red shorts stripes that went all around the legs, but I think it's the right choice in a more minimalist basketball uniform era

Man these are great. Just miles and miles ahead of last year's (which weren't that bad to begin with btw)

14-Napier-BU.jpg

90758391980.gif

Man, that pattern on the Utah side panels is really messing with my eyes.

Is that a pattern used elsewhere? (Or does someone have a graphic?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived