2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

NC State new court

Previous one sucked, this one sucks, thanks Debbie!!!

Bq0i6GrCUAA7sgm.jpg

Bq0gT8hIgAA4Ewd.jpg

It will match the team that plays on it perfectly.

Actually, I disagree. I've always liked that wolfie logo. The old court was way too "United Center-esque". I think if you removed two of the interlocking logos, it would be one of the better courts in the ACC.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me Northwestern's logo. I always look at it and feel there must be something I'm missing as to why a big chunk of N just isn't there. If its purely for stylistic reasons I don't like it.

Can someone explain to me Northwestern's logo. I always look at it and feel there must be something I'm missing as to why a big chunk of N just isn't there. If its purely for stylistic reasons I don't like it.

When seen from the angle in that photo, it really looks like a Z turned on its side instead of an N.

The 'sculpted N' was developed as part of the 'N-cat' logo. Looking at it within the context of the entire logo might help justify the stylizing. Plus it further differentiates it from 'N' logos used by other schools.
As far as I know Northwestern has always used the 'sculpted N' as a stand-alone secondary logo to the 'N-cat.' In fact they used the 'cat head' as an alternate for a little bit, mostly about ten years ago, but it never caught on, with good reason. Recently the 'sculpted N' has been emphasized and I recently read the 'N-cat' is essentially obsolete at this point.
14492726119_286e2c73ff_m.jpg

New Northwestern court. Huge upgrade.

14483381530_4437fc106b.jpg

Obviously a huge unpopular opinion, but I don't think the old court was that bad.

I agree I liked the old court!

nort_display_image.jpg?1346725640

It looked like some spilled Grape Crush on a floor, then instead of mopping it, left it there.

The purple stain made the wood grain look awful. And there were some weird brown tones made even worse by the purple. It looks 100x worse when you are up close to it.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Baylor introduced a new court design on their Twitter a couple days back.

BstJIkNCMAEk_VR.jpg

It looks clean and nice. I think it's an upgrade over their old one (I couldn't find a better picture, sorry):

Baylor-Basketball-Murder-png.jpg

I always hated the basketball in the key. Drove me nuts for whatever reason. It was tough for me to watch a game at Baylor for that very reason.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

NC state sure has the old school vibe, looks like wolf from the 3 little pigs.......maybe they should update to get the kids to like it: . http://www.lemonharanguepie.com/2011/12/big-bad-wolfs-secret-weapon-angry-birds.html

DNCS61-c.jpg I've wanted this brought back in some capacity since coming to school here.

Also, THANK GOD NORTHWESTERN, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

nice wolfie...licking his teeth..........but i don´t know man, it´s prob. the pigs he is longing for, and you know there will be certain folks offended on the behalf of the non-pork eating pupulation, no way they will allow this logo.

NC state sure has the old school vibe, looks like wolf from the 3 little pigs.......maybe they should update to get the kids to like it: . http://www.lemonharanguepie.com/2011/12/big-bad-wolfs-secret-weapon-angry-birds.html

DNCS61-c.jpg I've wanted this brought back in some capacity since coming to school here.

Also, THANK GOD NORTHWESTERN, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

nice wolfie...licking his teeth..........but i don´t know man, it´s prob. the pigs he is longing for, and you know there will be certain folks offended on the behalf of the non-pork eating pupulation, no way they will allow this logo.

You're trying too hard.

Archived