2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara, and St. Bonaventure have all unveiled Buffalo Braves-themed uniforms for their 11/29 "Big Four Classic" at First Niagara Center:

UB%20throwback.jpg

st_%20bona%20throwback.jpg

niagara%20throwback.jpg

canisius%20throwback.jpg

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/20211237.php?contentType=4&contentId=16182524

Would've been a pretty cool idea if they'd actually used their own colors.

Wish the 4 Wisconsin schools would do something like this.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard rumors that Illinois may have a special black uniform that they will wear for a big game this season. I hope they don't wear it against Missouri in the Bragging Rights game.

I really hope that's not true, but if it is I really hope it's not for the Bragging Rights game. Wearing black against your biggest rival whose main color is black would be dumb. The United Center game would be fine since that's a "big" game that's really not that big.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Penn State announced that they will be wearing cerise and black – the school's original colors – against Bucknell (Nov. 28th) and Virginia Tech (Dec. 3rd, B1G/ACC Challenge).

The odd thing is that the switch to blue and white was made in 1890; Penn State basketball was not established until 1897.

B0wQ2hGCIAEr4qh.jpg

Penn State announced that they will be wearing cerise and black – the school's original colors – against Bucknell (Nov. 28th) and Virginia Tech (Dec. 3rd, B1G/ACC Challenge).

The odd thing is that the switch to blue and white was made in 1890; Penn State basketball was not established until 1897.

B0wQ2hGCIAEr4qh.jpg

I know there's history behind the color pink at Penn State, but wearing it now just makes them seem like their jumping on the pink bandwagon.

B0wQ2hGCIAEr4qh.jpg

I know there's history behind the color pink at Penn State, but wearing it now just makes them seem like their jumping on the pink bandwagon.

I'ts not pink, it's "Nike Pinkfire."

SMH.

B0wQ2hGCIAEr4qh.jpg

This is not under the pretense of "pinkwashing" or cause marketing. Every year at the Homecoming football game, a block of the student section forms a cerise and black Block-'S' – rather than blue and white as at all other football games – so this is really nothing new at Penn State, and the popular idea has been kicked around for many years now actually.

B0wQ2hGCIAEr4qh.jpg

This is not under the pretense of "pinkwashing" or cause marketing. Every year at the Homecoming football game, a block of the student section forms a cerise and black Block-'S' – rather than blue and white as at all other football games – so this is really nothing new at Penn State, and the popular idea has been kicked around for many years now actually.

Completely agree. Looks very nice IMO.

All black for Minnesota. Looks like they'll wear it at home at least once.

B1PCD5YCQAEgRTj.jpg

Gross, the goal should be to never look like Iowa.

Agreed. How hard whould it have been to have a maroon outline?

If anything Nike should have created an alternate gray jersey for Minnesota instead of black. It seems like gray has been the most popular alt jersey made by Nike. Schools like Illinois, West Virginia, Missouri, etc. are going gray even though it is not even part of their school colors. Why would Minnesota stoop so low and let Nike create a alt black jersey? Hmmm, it must be because of their contract with them perhaps.

New KU home uniforms in action. Love them. The new simple home and away looks and the continued use of the sweet Rock and Chalk alts give us IMO our best rotation of uniforms in a long, long time. If addidas can do so good for KU hoops, how can the KU football look continue to be such a convoluted disaster?

KUvsWASH%20rs%201103140035f.jpg

13856832.jpg

ku_bkc_washburn_12_t960.JPG?b8ea04f16efc

New KU home uniforms in action. Love them. The new simple home and away looks and the continued use of the sweet Rock and Chalk alts give us IMO our best rotation of uniforms in a long, long time. If addidas can do so good for KU hoops, how can the KU football look continue to be such a convoluted disaster?

Possibly because nobody cares about KU football. Anyway, that set is beautiful, and Washburn didn't look too shabby either.

Archived