Sports You Never Cared For

TheRicSlick

I know this is sacrilege on these boards, but I hate baseball. I really, really hate baseball. Admittedly, playing baseball is enjoyable, but I'd rather spend that time playing basketball, soccer or football instead. Even twiddling my thumbs is a more enjoyable activity to me.

I do like the history of the sport and how games are played in old stadiums and I'm sure watching a game in any of the classic baseball towns is fun, but it's not for me.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always hated basketball. I actually find games that ridiculous amounts of scoring more boring than games with typically less scoring(hockey). Granted, I do appreciate a hockey game in which one team basically t-bags the other team's goalie, like when the Sharks murdered the Rangers 9-2.

The only football(Murican) I watch is high school, but that's because my dad never watched it. Plus, I find it funny when someone makes a concept league that has more than 20 games, due to the fear of the players getting exhausted.

Lastly, I just find NASCAR stupid.

That's what- She

Not a fan of WNBA, softball, or women's soccer, but women's tennis is entertaining on its own merits. Generally less of a power game than men's tennis, and has more volleying.

"Generally" meaning "when a Williams isn't grunting and swearing all over the court," I suppose. But you're right about the power-baseline game bringing about the downfall of men's tennis. Andy Roddick hanging back and whacking balls really hard is what achieved equal pay at Wimbledon: they figured hey, might as well pay the ladies for playing watchable tennis.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I only really hate cricket, lacrosse and collage sports. college sport are the scum of the sports, and should be band. If I had chose between losing the redskins name or losing the slavery that is college sports, I'm baning college sports.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

American Football. Three and a half hours of stop start adverts mainly. If there is any action then it's cut to adverts. To drag a game out that only lasts an hour is just plain stupid.

glory10.png

I understand not enjoying soccer. I can understand being turned off by people telling you why you should follow soccer and you're unwashed because you don't follow it. But I don't understand why people go out of their way to hate on soccer. There are far more articles out there right now hating on soccer than glorify it. (The sport itself, there are plenty talking about it's "arrival" in the US)

It's the only sport where someone will not only tell you they hate it, but then say they are glad your team lost because you like it. I'd never tell someone I was glad their driver or WWE wrestler lost.

I kinda played a lot of sports as a young kid, (basketball, baseball, track, soccer) and currently play football and lacrosse, I don't really dislike many sports. If there is one, I'd say golf.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I cant stand the NBA. You can hardly consider it a team sport. It's boring watching the same old players score 40 points a game because otherwise they'll lose their contract with Nike or something. A good sport to me is a team sport.

u3J7jjd.png

I understand not enjoying soccer. I can understand being turned off by people telling you why you should follow soccer and you're unwashed because you don't follow it. But I don't understand why people go out of their way to hate on soccer. There are far more articles out there right now hating on soccer than glorify it. (The sport itself, there are plenty talking about it's "arrival" in the US)

It's the only sport where someone will not only tell you they hate it, but then say they are glad your team lost because you like it. I'd never tell someone I was glad their driver or WWE wrestler lost.

Yeah this and I'm tired of the phrases of "watching paint dry" or "watching grass grow". They are so boring and unoriginal. Soccer haters need more creative phrases.

Yeah this and I'm tired of the phrases of "watching paint dry" or "watching grass grow". They are so boring and unoriginal. Soccer haters need more creative phrases.

Why don't we say NASCAR is as boring as "watching soccer". And just replace NASCAR with any sport you don't care for.

I really wish I could get into soccer, but I just can't. I like low-scoring hockey games, so liking soccer should just come naturally. There's just too many wimps falling down every time they get touched. Same with the NBA. Every drive to the basket ends in a foul (not to mention they waste away the shot clock passing the ball around before they go to the basket).

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

The only sports I can absolutely never bring myself to give any form of :censored: about are figure skating and MMA.

Basketball (particularly the NBA) and NASCAR are both something I'll never be fully into, but I can watch some of it occasionally.

Besides that I can pretty comfortably watch almost every sport going.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I don't care for soccer, but I don't hate it. What I hate is people telling my why I should like soccer.

Exactly. I love baseball but I also understand why people may not care for it. When someone says "I don't like baseball" or "baseball is boring", I don't take it as an affront to everything I believe in and I certainly don't use it as an opportunity to "preach the gospel" of baseball. God help you if you tell a soccer fan that you don't like soccer. Especially during the World Cup.

The bolded type is my #1 problem with soccer. For one calling it "soccer" gives these cultured types a mini-stroke if you refer to it as that. When I was a kid no one said "fútbol," and no one flipped out about it either.

The "beautiful game" nonsense is tired too. I've never seen a sport that goes out of it's way to shape the outcome of games in so many ways, feigning injuries, flopping to draw penalties, actually attacking referees, and gloating and taunting whenever things go their way. It seems to me a beautiful game should have more class.

I've actually watched a few games (that's probably the incorrect way to say itwhich is sort of my point) that I thought were fairly entertaining, and I'm happy for those who are enjoying the Cup. It just doesn't fit with me.

newsig.jpg

I've actually watched a few games (that's probably the incorrect way to say it…which is sort of my point)

Tut tut! They're matches. On a pitch. Wearing kits.

Anyone else see this?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I used to hate soccer, but this WC has brought me a greater respect for it. But, with that being said, I'd rather watch basketball, football, or racing for 90+ minutes. I've never been a hockey person, but I'm sometimes able to sit down and watch it. I've never been a baseball person, but same with hockey, I don't completely hate it. Sometimes I can get into tennis when the stakes are high and it gets intense. Now golf, on the other-hand, I cannot watch that. I think golf is actually the only sport where I cannot watch any of it. And for the people saying NASCAR, try some different kind of racing. Go to your local dirt track and watch there. I've been dirt racing for over half my life and I've completely grown up around it, and even though I love NASCAR, I love dirt racing so much more. The races are shorter and it's more action-packed. Plus, it's cheaper to attend.

Archived