SCAHA Refresh (Bakersfield Dragons Updated)

McElroy19

2qEImkg.jpg

For this series I wanted to do something that doesn't seem to get done a lot on the board. I know we see lots of pro level concepts so I decided to take a stab at the league I grew up playing hockey in. SCAHA (Southern California Amateur Hockey League) is more or less the southern conference of CAHA witch is the USA hockey governing body for all travel hockey in California. It's made up of Tier 1 and Tier 2 level clubs as well as A and B level clubs.

For this series I'll be refreshing the following clubs:

Anaheim Jr. Ducks

Bakersfield Dragons

Bay Harbor Redwings

California Golden Bears

California Heat

California Titans

California Wave

Channel Island Riptide

LA Hockey Club

Los Angeles Jr. Kings

OC Hockey Club

Pasadena Maple Leafs

SDIA Hockey Club

San Diego Jr. Gulls

Valencia Jr. Flyers

Wildcats Hockey Club

So that's my line up, some of these clubs have been around for a long time and it's stating to show. My goal for this series is to help give every team a look that will attract kids to want to play for them.

Up First the SCAHA logo. The old logo isn't really much and looks awkward on banners and such so I tried to keep the spirit of the logo and just make it work a little better as a logo or a patch.

fwdqovR.jpg

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

I like the updated logo. I also really like how you show what the logo is, so we can see why you incorporated the different elements from the original logo into your logo. I hope you will continue to show each team's current logo when you do your rebrands.

award%20sig.png

Are you using the Icethetics Cali Wave? Because the real world one looks awful.

Well the wave are my old club so I have a sentimental attachment to that logo, I might use both

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

Are you using the Icethetics Cali Wave? Because the real world one looks awful.

Well the wave are my old club so I have a sentimental attachment to that logo, I might use both
Whoops, sorry.

Haha no need to be sorry! The IceHL wave crest is actually used by the wave now so like I said I'll probably use both.

No love for the Ontario Eagles? :)

I don't know if theyre around anymore! But I might tack them on to the end of the list!

I really like the uniforms, although I really dislike the colors. When i think of California I dont think of Brown and gold.

Their current colors are Black and Gold and they're basically a bruins clone so to stay in that vein but give it a little more personality I went brown and gold. I know Blue and Gold are more the California colors but theres already a lot of blue in this league so I tried to give them something unique.

This one has potential. Brown and gold are definitely unique as far as color schemes go, though I'd say add a little white to the mix by having it replace that faded yellow and go with one shade of brown (the darker shade preferably).

As far as the logo is concerned, I'd widen out the teeth some. Right now, it looks a little too compact.

I'd love to see a secondary to go on the shoulders.

Atomic, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:32, said:

This one has potential. Brown and gold are definitely unique as far as color schemes go, though I'd say add a little white to the mix by having it replace that faded yellow and go with one shade of brown (the darker shade preferably).

As far as the logo is concerned, I'd widen out the teeth some. Right now, it looks a little too compact.

I'd love to see a secondary to go on the shoulders.

Here's the Update based on what You suggested. I have a peeve against shoulder patches on templates like this it doesn't show up well and just clutters the design.

OL7dZWa.png

8AjFHY2.png

g7Yt76m.png

Golden Bears- drop the triangle in the background on the logo and it'd look beautiful. Great color choice.

Dragons- the grey in the logo is confusing. I can't tell what it's supposed to be. I'm not even sure if it's all part of the dragon or a background like the triangle on the Golden Bears. The uniforms look sweet, though.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

The numbers are too big on the Dragons jersey--two 9's (or any other wide number) wouldn't fit at that size. Only use wide numbers--i.e. not 1--in a sample so you can judge the number width appropriately.

rATMcmK.png

I remember that logo from the Halifax Dragons polls, always liked it. Man, those logos current logos are rough though. I`m not crazy for the 2012 Stars-esque wordmark jersey, but it still looks pretty darn good. Keep this up Matt!

Not a fan of the Thrashers 3rd style wordmark for the home, IMO it would be better with the dragon.

I'll try it with just the logo!

The numbers are too big on the Dragons jersey--two 9's (or any other wide number) wouldn't fit at that size. Only use wide numbers--i.e. not 1--in a sample so you can judge the number width appropriately.

Thats a great point I never thought about I'll scale down my numbers to take that into consideration.

I remember that logo from the Halifax Dragons polls, always liked it. Man, those logos current logos are rough though. I`m not crazy for the 2012 Stars-esque wordmark jersey, but it still looks pretty darn good. Keep this up Matt!

Glad you like the logo some tweeks coming

Archived