• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, came in and changed the thread title to make it less cluttered and better get across the point. The old naming conventions for soccer threads worked, no need to make it more complicated to anyone new to the sport.

Cheers!

No worries, Crash. Thanks. I was going to originally name it 2014/15 International Football but didn't want to steal from Kramerica Industries. Then one of the moderators re-named my thread to non-USA domestic football and renamed North American PRO Soccer thread. Thanks again Carsh, didn't know you have moderator abilities.

DScruggy, I only named it the way I did because I wanted to encapsulate all football including domestic and international (EURO 2016 qualifying as well). Plus I didn't want to steal Kramerica Industries original thread subject title. But I thank Crash for helping out.

This will be the one stop for International Football for the 2014/15 season. Open to all to post and enjoy.

DScruggy, I only named it the way I did because I wanted to encapsulate all football including domestic and international (EURO 2016 qualifying as well). Plus I didn't want to steal Kramerica Industries original thread subject title. But I thank Crash for helping out.

This will be the one stop for International Football for the 2014/15 season. Open to all to post and enjoy.

I wasn't talking about this, I just posted in the wrong thread. :P

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

In transfer news for the day

Loic Remy’s move to Arsenal is in doubt due to the striker’s £80,000-a-week salary. Arsene Wenger’s side are prepared to pay QPR’s £10 million asking price but not match the France international’s wage.(Sunday People)

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Chelsea over a £26 million deal for Romelu Lukaku. (Caughtoffside)

Barcelona are keeping tabs on Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen. The Spanish club are also keen on a move for Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels. (Mundo Deportivo)

Paris Saint-Germain are still keen on Stephan Lichtsteiner, so Juventus is thinking to put the Swiss right-back in the deal for young Adrien Rabiot. (Corriere dello Sport)

Manchester City are set to buy Eliaquim Mangala and will pass on Roma defender Mehdi Benatia. But Chelsea are interested and the Moroccan international wants to leave the Giallorossi. (Gazetto dello Sport)

Barcelona will not be able to publically unveil Luiz Suarez to the Camp Nou faithful after he completes his transfer this week says FIFA. This would a direct violation of his four-month all-football related ban imposed on him during the World Cup. This would be considered a football related public event. As well, Barcelona cannot unveil the Suarez at another location other than the Camp Nou or training facility due to it being a direct violation of his ban as he cannot be involved in a football-related charity event. Anyway you look at it, Barcelona will not be able to unveil their £75 million signing until November.

To be fair some of the sources posted are the worst for transfer speculation. Daily Star, Daily Fail (Mail), Goal.com and Caughtoffside.

It would be better if actual transfers that happen be posted instead of speculation from the sources I have just quoted.

glory10.png

To be fair some of the sources posted are the worst for transfer speculation. Daily Star, Daily Fail (Mail), Goal.com and Caughtoffside.

It would be better if actual transfers that happen be posted instead of speculation from the sources I have just quoted.

Ok I will take that into consideration and won't post anymore speculation, just complete transfers. Thanks mate!

As for Goal.com, they have a very good track record with respect to predicting transfers, even through speculation. Now I know Caught Offise is a definate hit or miss, more like miss 9 times out of 10. But the Lukaku transfer to Chelsea is not just being reported by caughtoffside.com but other reputable sources.

Transfer News today:

Tony Kroos completes a transfer to Real Madrid for an undiscolosed fee signing a six year deal.

Defender Mathieu Debuchy completes the undisclosed amount transfer to Arsenal on a long term contract. Debuchy was picked up for a replacement for Bacary Sagna who left for Manchester City after no resigning with the Gunners. Arsenal.com already has the defender in his new Arsenal kit and first interview. He will be wearing squad number 2 for the 2014/15 season.

Wednesday's matches from UCL:

mvp6ie.png

And Thursday's matches from UEL

24pxs0w.png

Spurs agree a 8-10 million bid from Crystal Palace for Gylfi Siggurdson. Personal terms and medical imminent.

glory10.png

Report: Real Madrid agree $107 million deal for James Rodriguez. Real is also supposedly trying to ship Angel di Maria to PSG to pay for Rodriguez.

So up front Real would look like this:

Rodriguez - Kroos - Ronaldo

Bale - Benzema

Uh... yikes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Everyone said that last year after Atletico sold Falcao and Madrid got Bale in. The last time Real Madrid went Galactico they hardly swept the board on everything.

glory10.png

Phillip Lahm just retired from his national team career. Wow, I would've never expected that. He's just 30 and could've easily played until the World Cup in Russia.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I couldn't believe Lahm announcing his retirement for international football. The man could've easily played for another EURO and World Cup.

Transfer news:

Chelsea announce the signing of Filipe Luis from Atletico for £15.8m. http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/filipe-luis-deal-completed.html

As well, Chelsea striker Demba Ba has completed his move to Besiktas, the Turkish club has announced on its website, for £4.7m

West Bromwich Albion have made their fifth signing of the summer transfer window with Nigeria striker Brown Ideye for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £10m.

Plus here's the projected Chelsea starting XI for 2014/15:
Costas
Hazard. Willian
Oscar. Fabregas
Matic

Filipe Luis Terry. Cahill Azpilicueta

Courtois

UEFA change their rules on accumulated bookings during both Champions League and Europa League competitions whereby they will be wiped out after the Quarterfinals. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28368396]

Archived