And Man City loses at home to Stoke City.....

They lose to a Diouf goal at that.

And Man United's woes continue with a nil nil draw v Burnley at Turf Moor in the early match. They could only manage one shot on goal and four shots in total in the entire 90 minutes. They have more problems on and off the pitch than just goal scoring. The club did announce Saturday that Dutch international Daley Blind (can play LB and DMF) is due to make a move to Man Utd, with personal terms to be negotiated still. As well Shinji Kagawa is heading back to Borussia Dortmund in the next 24 hours. Plus to rub salt in the already gaping Man Utd would, Wilfred Zaha with his loan move to Palace, scores deep into the second half stoppage time to help the Eagles get a 3-3 draw with Newcastle.

As a Gunners supporter, I'm loving it!

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's very comical how nearly every time I've seen Everton play live, they've hardly one. Thankfully, I was able to watch the curb-stomping last year against the Reds and this morning's riot versus Chelsea. I'm still new to following the EPL closely, but man is this team frustrating to watch.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The truth about being signed by a big shot team (Barca, Man U, etc) is that you have a 1% chance of actually playing a single game for that team, let alone a breakthrough season.

If you're already a star, then they're just gonna let you rot in their "traditional" format.

After this weekend and the Everton game in particular, I'm not upset at all with the international break.

Also, Chelsea has officially signed Loic Remy, as if we needed further confirmation that Drogba was a publicity stunt...

Poor performance at home to Liverpool. Silly mistakes cost us. Kaboul keeping Henderson on side. Dier grabbing a player in the box through inexperience and Townsend what was he thinking. It was mistakes which cost us points last year.

glory10.png

After this weekend and the Everton game in particular, I'm not upset at all with the international break.

Also, Chelsea has officially signed Loic Remy, as if we needed further confirmation that Drogba was a publicity stunt...

That Remy signing was actually a shock for me today. I was watching the Leicester City-Arsenal match when the breaking news of his 4-year contract signing. I was really hoping Wenger was going after Remy, especially after today's performance. Yes, Arsenal managed 27 shots (10 of those on goal) but there was no real attack on goal without Giroud giving the Gunners that spark. I think Wenger made a couple errors during the match in form of tactics: 1) leaving Koscielny on after the head collision and possible concussion. Koscielny barely saw Ullou and let him have a completely unmarked chance on goal. Chambers should have come on as soon as he came off the pitch to get medical treatment; 2) he left it too late to pull Sanogo off and replace him with Podolski. Sanogo should have been subbed off at HT. That guy has zero confidence in front of goal with his two left feet. He barely gets himself overtop the ball when he takes a shot, more leaning back meaning less accurate shots on goal. Plus he always plays further back even though he was playing the lone CF or #9. Hell, Mertesacker was playing more in a striker role than Sanogo was. But with Giroud being out for four months, there is no back up for him. Wenger mentions they have Sanchez (plays better off the wings where he scored over 75% of his goals for Barca), Sanogo and Campbell (neither have that killer striker instinct like most strikers do in the PL), Podolski (this was his first match since the World Cup Final, plus he is more suited as a winger) and Walcott (he is still injured and has not started training with the first team, plus he is better suited for as a winger). So what does Wenger have now? Plus out next couple matches are: Man City (H), Villa (A), Spurs (H), and Chelsea (A) with Dortmund (A) and Galatasaray (H) in between those matches. Where are the goals coming from up front?

Falcao to Man United on loan, Chicharito to Real Madrid.

Everton seems to be dicking around with Cleverly, but a defender is still a need and a big possibility.

With the Falcao loan deal, worth £6m for this season, also includes an option for Man United to buy the striker for €55m (£43.5m) at the end of the loan spell. With Hernadez making his loan move to Real (with Real having an option to buy the individual at the end of the loan spell), I wonder how much playing time he will have this season with the current Galacticos?

Now can Wenger tell me again why he couldn't have signed Falcao or Hernandez on loan with the option to buy? Unbelievable...he cares more about coaching in a charity football match in Rome, Match for Peace, today than signing the players we need.

Also, Hull sign Uruguayan/Palermo forward Abel Hernandez to replace Shane Long and George Boyd. QPR have put in a 10M GPB bid for Fabio Borini as well.

Borini was also on the radar of the Gunners' scouting staff during the summer.

Other transfer day deadline news:

- Lewis Holtby on the verge on signing a season-long loan deal with Hamburger SV

- Micah Richards is set tojoin Fiorentina on a season-long loan with the option to make the move permanent

- Van Ginkel will join AC Milan on a season-long loan

- El Ahmadi signs a three year deal with Feyenoord ending his time at Villa

- Sebastian Coates will join Sunderland on a season long loan

- James McArthur is also on the verge with a £7m move to Crystal Palace

For anyone wanting to follow the last day of the transfer window with updates from all 92 Football League clubs, Scottish clubs and around Europe...you should go to the Sky Sports Football Transfer Center. One of the best and most comprehensive transfer news I would say. The Guardian also has a good transfer window site through their football page.

Plus if anyone has ever wanted to know what really goes on behind a transfer, this video will explain a lot. From the agents, to the medicals to the data men...

For anyone that has ever watched BBC's Match of the Day (IanC, Jaffa and marble21 all know what I am talking about :P), they just celebrated their 50th anniversary on the air with a documentary about the history of the show. I myself love the show, one of the best PL highlight shows on TV today with the top presenters and pundits on either side of the pond.

http://youtu.be/l68O02TyxlA

Man U is trying to stockpile star players as fast as they can.

Honestly, I think they're watering down the product.

You can't just buy a star striker just because you can when you are (example) desperately in need of defensive options.

Fabio Borini is one of the most frustrating and delusional players right now, you're not worth £90k a week mate.

Photo of negotiations in Liverpool:

BweI3c6CMAAcG64.png

Agreed...Borini is borderline a good player. Yes he had a good loan season with Sunderland, contributing to them staying in the Premier League last season. But there is no way he is worth a week. If that's the case, weekly salaries are going to be re-negotiated across the PL. Of course it is all subjective but there is no way Borini is comparable to Theo Walcott and he only makes £10k more a week. Complete bollocks! What agents get away with.

Arsenal have confirmed Spanish defender Ignasi Miquel signing with Norwich City on a three year contract and Ryo Miyaichi is going to FC Twente on a seaon-long loan with the Dutch club.

The debate still continues if Danny Welbeck actually had a medical with Arsenal or not today. Sky Sports had video of the Man Utd striker going into the London Colney training ground at 6:30pm BST. But the club denies that Welbeck is even there having a medical. Just announced that Sky sources understand Arsenal have agreed in principle in deal to sign United striker Danny Welbeck. It looks like this one will get done in time. Edit: BBC suspects the Welbeck transfer is worth £16m

Archived