I listened to Allam's press conference on the local radio station, it was utterly bizarre. After 40 minutes of rambling the station pulled the plug on their coverage - if Radio Humberside thinks you're tedious, you've got a problem. :P

And yep, we're officially up for sale. Mind, he says that if a buyer can't be found he'll give the club away for nothing. Now, I clearly don't possess Allam's renowned business acumen but even so I'd think saying you're prepared to give something away isn't the strongest bargaining position to put yourself in as you're trying to sell it?

A few other points...

• He's currently in the process of appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the FA's block on changing the name. When asked, he had no idea how long this process would take. Oddly though, noted football journo David Conn tweeted afterwards that he'd been in touch with the CAS and they had no record of any appeal being made by the club, likewise the FA - who would be informed of such a process - had no knowledge of any appeal either. Hmm...
  • He claims too that a shirt sponsor pulled out of a deal on the day the FA blocked the name change, we then had to settle for the lesser deal offered by 12Bet. This directly contradicts an interview given by his son who said that no sponsorships depended on or would be affected by the name change being rejected.
  • To illustrate that he is indeed a man of his word, he pointed to his promise that he'd walk away from the club within 24 hours if the FA said no. The fact that he's still there giving a press conference five months later does kind of undermine him there.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that Arsenal got a mention, Mr Gooner. Allam stated that his name change wouldn't be like taking a club's proper name and adding its nickname to it - that would be like renaming Arsenal 'Arsenal Gunners'. Er, no - you are trying to take our proper name and stick our separate nickname onto it, you great loon. He still genuinely appears to think the club is actually called 'Hull City Tigers'.

Gah.

I can see Allam is delusional as well as not in touch with the current Hull supporter base and history. I don't know if that is a good mention or not :P

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking news Tottenham Hotspur: US company assessing Spurs takeover plan

American investment company Cain Hoy has confirmed it is considering a takeover bid for Tottenham Hotspur.

A statement from the group said it was in the preliminary stages of assessing a cash offer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29177759

glory10.png

The club has issued a statement saying that despite recent press reports, the club are not in talks with Cain Hoy, or for that matter, any consortiums over a potential takeover bid and they remain focused on the new stadium project.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-statement-120914/

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I have to say the Arsenal-Man City match today was an excellent match to watch. Great build play from both sides, some beautiful goals (Wilshere's for sure). Welbeck in his debut with the Gunners should have scored but the woodwork stopped him, shame. Arsenal had a really good chance to seal the three points at the Emirates but broke down defensively allowing many City to equalize in the last 10 minutes. Overall, Arsenal played excellent throughout the 90 minutes, great turn out by Welbeck and Wilshere, Ramsey being superb as always and Sanchez is definitely coming into his own. Still undefeated in the season. Can't wait for Tuesday and the trip to Dortmund in UCL...

The club has issued a statement saying that despite recent press reports, the club are not in talks with Cain Hoy, or for that matter, any consortiums over a potential takeover bid and they remain focused on the new stadium project.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-statement-120914/

Please can American investment capitalists "unlock value" for EPL teams? Your fans might actually take care of our problems.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I must say I'm loving this new look Liverpool side.

Is that sarcasm Torin? :P

No,I'm actually loving them. They're so mediocre it's great.

In unrelated news, according to my twitter @premierleague has JUST folowed QPR, took them long enough, did they unfollow then the last time they got relegated?

While it won't last, it's fun to see Villa, Swansea, and Southampton atop the table.

And Newcastle on the bottom. I don't hate Newcastle at all, it's just oddly satisfying to see a team like that on the bottom (okay, maybe a bit sadistic.)

Maybe this will finally push Pardew out?

Maybe I am a little bit of a Newcastle fan!?

NEVER!

While it won't last, it's fun to see Villa, Swansea, and Southampton atop the table.

And Newcastle on the bottom. I don't hate Newcastle at all, it's just oddly satisfying to see a team like that on the bottom (okay, maybe a bit sadistic.)

Maybe this will finally push Pardew out?

Maybe I am a little bit of a Newcastle fan!?

NEVER!

And not to mention Costa scoring 7 in 4 for Chelsea a top the table, I didn't know he had that in him. Of course, it would've helped if someone hadn't given up 6 goals to his side.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Catching news that Tottenham's new stadium won't be ready to hold games for the 2017-18 season, meaning that the team will likely have to share a stadium. Likely candidates include Wembley and, um, Stadium MK. Probably the oddest though is that the Emirates is looking a possibility as well, it would be odd but definitely interesting for the BPL to have their own Derby della Capitale for a season.

By the 2017-18 season, Roma should have completed their new stadium, so it would be more similar to Milan and Inter sharing San Siro.

www.stadiodellaroma.it

07Giants.pngnyy.png

How was that UCL Matchday 1 for everyone?

I had such high hopes for the Gunners with their performance v Manchester City on Saturday. But Arsenal played one of their worst European matches in a very long time. I thought the AC Milan Round of 16 away match was dreadful but last night took the top spot for :censored:e! Arteta does not deserve to wear the captain's armband. He gives the ball away way too much (5 times alone last night) and he is definitely no defensive holding midfielder. Ozil again was a no show. We might as well be playing with 10 men. Ozil was bought as a number 10 but for some reason Wenger plays him on the wing. But what pisses me off even more is that Ozil has not even tried to adapt to his new position. Plus with Gibbs and Bellerin both running up the flanks, they were defensively vulnerable. Why doesn't Wenger and Bould just tell his full backs to remain in a defensive status, especially with the inexperienced Bellerin. But I do have to admit that both Immobile and Aubameyang were both spectacular last night for Dortmund.

I am so hoping this is not what's to come in Europe. To top things off we face an upstart Villa on Saturday. Here's hoping Wenger is going back to two sessions a day until this squad realizes what defense is...

Plus how about those i Giallorossi, Los Blancos, and Dragões. Huge wins by all three and Atletico losing to Olympiacos from a winner by Mitroglou...

Couldn't have asked for a better start to the CL. Gervinho and Iturbe are absolutely astonishing together, they were twice as fast as anybody else. Roma was up 4-0 after 30min, so the lapses in concentration in the second half don't worry me too much.

Just wanted to point out that Roma paid €46 millions for De Rossi, Strootman, Pjanic, Naingollan and Seydou Keita, or in Ed Woodward money, €4 mil more than Ander Herrera. (De Rossi is a youth product and Keita came on a free, but still)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

What a start in the Europa campaign for Everton. 4-0 until the final kick of the ball (which was a perfect free kick if I ever saw one.) Tim Howard had a game likened to his performance against Belgium, and I'm going to go out and say that John Stones is arguably the best young centre-back in the premier league after his performances so far this season.

I thought Wolfsburg was our toughest opponent in that group, so I feel more confident in our chances to advance comfortably. Can't wait for Barkley to come back, even if it might pull Naismith about of the starting rotation a little.

If Pardew survives another week at Newcastle I will be very suprised.

I do say the writing is on the wall for Pardew after today's draw with Hull. The Magpies are losing ground each and every week...changes will be needed to be made.

3 goals in 3 minutes for the gunners, I think Villa might have finally reached their tipping point.

As for the Gunners performance today, the first half was electric. Ozil scoring and assisted on the Welbeck's goal was excellent. Great to see that fight and determination come out. Chambers was lucky not getting sent off for a second booking when he hauled down Grealish from behind. Chambers is young but needs to work on his decision making more I find. Three points is three points...now Wenger can rest most of his First Team this Tuesday for their League Cup Third Round tie v Southampton. I see the youngsters playing a big part in it.

As for the Gunners performance today, the first half was electric.

Not sure we watched the same match then, mate. Arsenal didn't do jack :censored: until after the 30th minute. Should've been behind but hey, Ciaran Clark isn't that good.

Also Liverpool are probably returning to their pre-last year form and it's amazing. Literally everything went right until matchday 34 or so for them last season and they still couldn't win it. And have lost Suárez, replacing him with effectively a bunch of guys that are more players of the calibre of everyone else they had for squad depth.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived