The Bundesliga isn't fun for Borussia Dortmund this year. They lost against Hannover 0:1 and it was their fifth loss out of the last six games. That means they are only 15th after 9 games. What a desaster. At least they've dominated all of their Champions League matches. :P

Also the old powerhouses Bremen and Hamburg on their way to the 2. Bundesliga. Both played the worst soccer over this season by far. And the VfB Stuttgart also seems to struggle again this year.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bundesliga isn't fun for Borussia Dortmund this year. They lost against Hannover 0:1 and it was their fifth loss out of the last six games. That means they are only 15th after 9 games. What a desaster. At least they've dominated all of their Champions League matches. :P

Also the old powerhouses Bremen and Hamburg on their way to the 2. Bundesliga. Both played the worst soccer over this season by far. And the VfB Stuttgart also seems to struggle again this year.

They are having a horrid time in Bundesliga this season. But are absolutely dominant in UCL. I believe Klopp has built a team for Europe. I think they will go far in Europe again this season, quarterfinals or even semifinals if the draw goes their way. Honnigstein says that they are a few people coming back from injuries that could turn the season around and their fortunes. Did anyone see that Reus goal in mid-week UCL? WOW!

Arsenal barely scrape out 3 points against lowly Sunderland. Thankfully from a blunder in second half stoppage time by ex-Gunner Mannone gift us a two nil win. Gibbs went off in the second half with an injury and Mertesacker was limping hard the last half of the second half. Wenger needs to look at some solutions and fast.

And anyone watching El Clasico today? At HT Real (Ronaldo) 1-1 Barca (Neymar). It is a really good match with tempers already rising. Barca has four bookings already, including a needless handball by Pique in the box which led to Ronaldo's PK goal. Suarez got an assist on Neymar's sweet goal.

And finally things are starting to look up for our Hertha!

6fQjS3M.png

Wow a topsy turvy Sunday in European football: the Magpies come back from a goal down to win 2-1 at Spurs, Chelsea squandered three points with Van Persie scoring in stoppage time to draw 1-1 (an Chelsea being down 10 men with an Ivanovic sending off), Eto'o scores two goals as Everton win 3-1 on the road against Burnley, and the mighty Bayern are held nil nil against Borussia Monchengladbach with Neuer standing on his head at times making keys saves.

stop-crying-lil-bitch-143043.gif

M'gladbach impressive. It's incredible how they developed in the last three years. Their coach Lucien Favre has to get the credits for this. He is also the man who nearly won the Bundesliga with Hertha in 2009. We still love him here.

But Gladbach becomes better and better every year. Hopefully they can make the Champions League this season. 70s revival.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Unbelievable... Referee screws Dortmund totally over tonight! We should have won 1-0 and now we lost 2-1 because of an offside goal and a penalty that never should have been awarded. Ribery is such a stupid diver. Shame that you cannot put a prostest against that in Soccer. Wonder how much Bayern paid to that referee.

I was promised goals dammit, at least Liverpool lost. I'm still hoping that the Manchester derby lives up to it's snuff tomorrow.

Also, anyone know why the BPL was commemorating Remembrance Day this weekend? They still have the weekend of the 8th before the international break.

The Western Sydney Wanderers are the first Australian Club to win the AFC Champions League! They defeated Al Hilal from Saudi Arabia.

Here's the Wanderers celebrating when they lifted the AFCCL trophy. Excellent job by the Australian side.

saudi_arabia_soccer_afc_champions_league

As well, here's the draw for the 2014 FIFA Club World Cup Morocco. Most of the clubs, except Auckland City (6th) and Real Madrid (2nd), is their first CWC.

10wtxqd.jpg

As for the Manchester derby, I have to agree with you AC as Michael Oliver (who is normally the most consistent official in the PMOL) was erratic and inconsistent throughout the match. I really like Michael Oilver, with him and Clattenburg being the best in the England. United should have been down to 9 men with Rojo taking Toure down late in the first half: being judged being the last man; and Felliani twice taking down Aguero with high risk challenges with no recourse. Here's a link to The Guardian match report written by Daniel Taylor. A very good overview of the derby. The Guardian is still on of my favorite English papers for football coverage

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/02/manchester-city-manchester-united-premier-league-match-report

Hell, I am getting tired of players surrounding officials after every call to voice their opinions - Rooney (today) and Terry in particular. The problem with that is kids and adults see that, thinking it's perfectly ok to do so when they play in recreational/competitive leagues. I am a qualified soccer referee here in Canada and been officiating for over 15 years at different levels of the competitive game all across the country. I have run into this level dissent in all levels in my time officiating. By the letter of the Laws of the Game that is considered dissent and is warranted to issue a booking. I have done it many times in the past and players get the picture right away early in the match not to complain to the referees about every call once you issue your first booking for complaining. Most English referees won't give bookings for that but they need to do something to change this growing trend. In rugby, what ever the referee calls as a foul it stands. No discussion. The referee will call over the captain and the offending player, giving him warning or sanctioning, no talk back from neither. If there is any dissent whatsoever, the referee will yellow card the player (sin bin and miss the next 10 minutes on the side of the pitch, his team playing a man down). The referee also calls over just the captain to tell him that players are committing the same fouls over and over again, notifying him to pass it on to his team to change their play or sanctions will follow suit. There is also respect to cricket umpires by cricket players no matter what the call is made. I know there is differences between rugby and football but the main point is the lack of respect by football players toward officials. Needs to stop in my opinion.

Archived