• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw...San Marino ended their 61 straight match defeats with a 0-0 draw with Estonia. I think the universe is going to end soon with both Faroe Islands and San Marino both picking up points this matchday :P

Liechtenstein also won, just against Moldova, but they won.

And the UEFA just just join the MLS then. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Austria scored a small upset at home today over the Russians despite missing their best player, and they lead their group 4 games in. It's early, but they're in good shape to qualify for their first tourney since 1998.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Germany threatens to quit FIFA if the corruption report is not fully published.

I like the gall of Germany to do this, maybe countries like Spain and England might follow suit if Germany goes far enough with it.

This could be the start of the revolution that football needs. All the top European nations should follow suit and finally get Blatter out of his untouchable position.

glory10.png

Hooligans from Croatia disrupted today's Italy-Croatia game in Milan. http://www.espnfc.com/european-championship/story/2149498/play-suspended-in-italy-vs-croatia-game

Unfortunately this is what happens when you allow flares into stadiums. Hardly hooligans though as they did not rampage and attack opposition fans.

glory10.png

What a huge win by Palace today over Liverpool at Selhurst Park. Even though the Reds came out flying today in the first half, Palace's determination paid off with three straight goals. Liverpool is definitely struggling, especially with Sturridge being confirmed to miss the next two months with another injury. They are definitely hurting in the goal scoring front (and defensive department that Rogers never addressed in the summer, hence why they lost the title last season). They travel to Ludogorets on Wednesday in UCL. Could there be another draw in the cards?

As for the Arsenal-United match yesterday...we should have capitalized early in the first half, especially with Wilshere having that clear shot. If he only went to the far side of the goal instead of short side, it would have been a different game. Plus Sanchez and Welbeck had numerous occasions to score but couldn't convert. I do haveto say De Gea was on his A game yesterday, MOTM for sure. But yet again Arsenal's defensive struggles creep through and we couldn't recover from that OG. But a beautiful goal by Giroud on his return. I know there is alot of talk from the supporters for Wenger to leave now before it gets worse but yesterday was not in Wenger's hands. It was in the player's fate. Yes there was two injuries (Wilshere and Szczesny - both questionable v Dortmund Wednesday) so he had to use two substitutions right away. The third of Giroud was tactical. But the players should have capitalized on that great start in the first half. Don't get me wrong, Wenger's tactics are questionable numerous times this season and last season, but this season it was all on the 11 players on the pitch. Dreadful! Champions League on Wednesday, here's hoping we can at least get a draw and confirm qualification into the Round of 16.

I know there is alot of talk from the supporters for Wenger to leave now before it gets worse but yesterday was not in Wenger's hands. It was in the player's fate. Yes there was two injuries (Wilshere and Szczesny - both questionable v Dortmund Wednesday) so he had to use two substitutions right away. The third of Giroud was tactical. But the players should have capitalized on that great start in the first half. Don't get me wrong, Wenger's tactics are questionable numerous times this season and last season, but this season it was all on the 11 players on the pitch.

Agree 100%. Wenger's tactics worked against Man Utd; the possession stats and the constant pressure prove that. It was the players on the field who could not convert those tactics into goals. It was Gibbs and Szczesny who didn't communicate, causing them to crash into each other, and it was Gibbs who couldn't keep his feet to himself even while on the ground. The blame lies with the players and not with Wenger.

This feels like a :censored:ing kick to the balls. Such a ridiculous goal for Roma to give up with 17 seconds left, when they were pretty much already qualified. And Benatia really wanted to help his old teammates, penalty and red. While I'm pretty pissed that Roma was 3 combined minutes away from qualifying, at least they won't play for the draw and then surely be beaten, so I guess that stoppage time goal by Aguero wasn't too bad. Just the most Roman way to :censored: it up, again.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

This feels like a :censored:ing kick to the balls. Such a ridiculous goal for Roma to give up with 17 seconds left, when they were pretty much already qualified. And Benatia really wanted to help his old teammates, penalty and red. While I'm pretty pissed that Roma was 3 combined minutes away from qualifying, at least they won't play for the draw and then surely be beaten, so I guess that stoppage time goal by Aguero wasn't too bad. Just the most Roman way to :censored: it up, again.

I couldn't believe the absolute breakdown in the last third by Roma. Shocking as of late from them. But there is a three way tie at five points a piece for second place in the group. The Romans have a chance against City in MD6. But come on, that free kick by Totti was a thing of beauty you have to agree :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02cnlpw

Arsenal's most famous fan disagrees. :P

Piers Morgan says it's time for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to leave the club and has backed Jurgen Klopp as a replacement.

Piers Morgan can go play in traffic. ^_^

I agree fully with your sentiment with Morgan, he needs to take a long jump off a short pier...he is a complete :censored: and :censored: . He is a plastic supporter as it comes. I listened to BBC 5Live 606 on Sunday and couldn't believe my ears.

I really don't know how Dortmund failed to score against that Arsenal squad.

They were really the sloppier turd on the field today, I doubt they'd find a way to score on Liverpool. That squad is in abject despair.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

They were really the sloppier turd on the field today, I doubt they'd find a way to score on Liverpool. That squad is in abject despair.

Arsenal has played well in the last two matches, coming out on the offensive in both first halves. That opening goal from Sanogo was a nice link up play with Cazorla early and set the tone for the entire match. Though I still have my doubts with Sanogo especially with his decision making (taking one too many touches vice shooting it), his true lack of work ethic (reminds me of Berbatov), and lack of fitness (another injury). It seems like all the AFC strikers want to always create the most beautiful goal scored. Which comes down to the manager's instructions. Plus it looks like Arteta is going to be missing some action for the next little bit. As for the rest of the match, Arsenals back four did ok containing Dortmund attack plus Martinez looks stronger in goal his last three starts compared to Szczesny. Just wish Wenger give him a few more starts in the PL. As for Dortmund, they are definitely running into a confidence problem, especially in Bundesliga (bottom 3 tight now). And Klopp said in the build up to the match that he was worried that their league performance will sneak into their European performance.

On the up side, with an Arsenal win at Galatasaray and an Anderlecht win at Dortmund will give Arsenal top position in Group D. Can dream ;)

Arsenal has played well in the last two matches, coming out on the offensive in both first halves. That opening goal from Sanogo was a nice link up play with Cazorla early and set the tone for the entire match. Though I still have my doubts with Sanogo especially with his decision making (taking one too many touches vice shooting it), his true lack of work ethic (reminds me of Berbatov), and lack of fitness (another injury). It seems like all the AFC strikers want to always create the most beautiful goal scored. Which comes down to the manager's instructions. Plus it looks like Arteta is going to be missing some action for the next little bit. As for the rest of the match, Arsenals back four did ok containing Dortmund attack plus Martinez looks stronger in goal his last three starts compared to Szczesny. Just wish Wenger give him a few more starts in the PL. As for Dortmund, they are definitely running into a confidence problem, especially in Bundesliga (bottom 3 tight now). And Klopp said in the build up to the match that he was worried that their league performance will sneak into their European performance.

On the up side, with an Arsenal win at Galatasaray and an Anderlecht win at Dortmund will give Arsenal top position in Group D. Can dream ;)

At this rate, it's probably closer than "can dream" if Arsenal hadn't drawn earlier, they wouldn't have much of a problem winning the group now.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

What a farce at White Hart Lane. An organised PR stunt causing the game to be stopped after the idiotic company gets exposure by pitch invasions.

Wonder what Uefa will do. Probably ban Spurs for not being able to control the crowd.

Ona positive note we qualified for the next round.

glory10.png

News from Sao Paulo, football legend Pele was admitted to the medical facility earlier this week with a urinary tract infection. He recently underwent surgery to remove kidney stones at the same institution. There had been earlier concerns about Pele's health after Albert Einstein Hospital issued a release that said his condition was "unstable." Thursday night's release said Pele was relocated to the intensive care unit because a kidney dialysis machine he needed was in ICU.

Best of luck to the legend in his recovery.

What a farce at White Hart Lane. An organised PR stunt causing the game to be stopped after the idiotic company gets exposure by pitch invasions.

Wonder what Uefa will do. Probably ban Spurs for not being able to control the crowd.

Ona positive note we qualified for the next round.

As for the organized PR stunt and farce (agree with you IanC) by BassBuds (headphone manufacturer associated with THFC), it was good to see the eventual apprehension of the pitch invaders by the security. It was all about these three individuals trying to get photos with players on the pitch in their company shirts. But unfortunately it will be quite harsh for UEFA to sanction both Soldado and Dembele for getting involved with the break up the pitch invaders. Soldado pulled the second intruder’s shirt from his body and Dembélé sent the third tumbling by tripping him. This may be viewed as violent conduct by UEFA, with players advised not to get involved where the public encroach on the playing surface.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/27/tottenham-partizan-belgrade-suspended-pitch-invasions

No, FIFA will punish everyone involved for not arranging for FIFA to get its cut of the money.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived