2014-2024: The next 10 years in sports

DarkJourney

Depends when in '85 you were born, since that's the year the Kings moved from K.C. to Sacramento. St. Louis hasn't had a team since the Hawks left in '68 though.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The complete apathy towards the Phillies returns since their stupid "managing partner" and cronie GM are still in charge, and fan support drops to nothing.

Comcast, now with an extremely vested interest in maintaining ratings, tries to force the ownership out, but upon failing, purchases the A's and relocates them back to Philadelphia in a new mostly privately financed stadium in the dramatially resurging University City area. The Phillies revert back to 2nd-class status in the city, while the new A's sell out every game, despite not having any parking or tailgating capabilities.

Suburban fans in their stupid SUVs continue to occasionally go to Phillies games so they can park in the lavish parking lots and leave the "scary" city right after the game, while the A's become the "city's team", and attract the high-profile fans and take over all of the media interest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

World Series:

2014:Dodgers def. Blue Jays 4-2

2015:Blue Jays def.Giants 4-1

2016:Cubs def. Yankees 4-3 (ends at Wrigley on a walk off in the 10th....Cubbies fans storm the field)

2017:Astros def. Cubs 4-1

2018:Astros def Marlins 4-1

2019:Indians def Cubs 4-3

2020:Cubs def Red Sox 4-1

2021:Cubs def Rays 4-2

2022:Cubs def Astros 4-2

2023:Royals def Cubs 4-3

2024:Astros def Phillies 4-0

World Series:

2016:Cubs def. Yankees 4-3 (ends at Wrigley on a walk off in the 10th....Cubbies fans storm the field)

If it weren't for your avatar I'd have no clue you were a Cubs fan.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

World Series:

I would love whatever you're smoking, as you have the Scrubs winning 4 titles. I think Georgia St. has a better shot of making the national championship in football than the Cubs winning one world series in 20 years.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Seattle STILL will not have an NBA team(or be close to getting one).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

World Series:

E1961FE2-D632-474A-911E-8DB2753A4310.png

Oh god.

World Series:

If it weren't for your avatar is have no clue you were a Cubs fan.

Well,the Cubs farm system is no. 1 in the latest rankings. But the Curse of the Billy Goat HAS to end before I die!

World Series:

If it weren't for your avatar is have no clue you were a Cubs fan.
Well,the Cubs farm system is no. 1 in the latest rankings. But the Curse of the Billy Goat HAS to end before I die!

That's what every Cubs fan who died in the last 100 years said.....

Sports in General

NFL

• The Jaguars will move to Memphis to become the Memphis Southmen and the Rams move back to LA.
  • The Oakland Raiders finally get a new stadium of their own
  • The Patriots, Broncos, and Packers.
  • The Browns, Bills, and Vikings will finally get their Lombardi trophies for their long suffering fan bases.
  • Teddy Bridgewater becomes the next Johnny Unitas and enters a new golden age of Vikings football (becoming a dynasty in the process).
  • The Colts and Vikings become the best teams in the NFL during the next 10 years.

MLB

• The A's finally got out of Oakland and get a new stadium in San Jose.
  • The Cubs will finally get a World Series in the next 10 years and Theo will get an enormous statue outside of Wrigley Field.
  • The Rays will move to Charlotte and the move will pay dividends with some AL East title. Also Evan Longoria will stay as a Ray for the rest of his career.
  • Mike Trout suffers a career-ending injury and retires.
  • Yasiel Puig will be tested positive for PED's and be banned from the Hall of Fame
  • The Dodgers and Angels will become the most dominant teams in Major League baseball.

NBA

• The Cavaliers will win the NBA title in 2015 and Lebron will end his career in Cleveland
  • The Clippers will be the pride of LA while the Lakers become the laughingstock of the city.
  • The Spurs fall from grace and become a bottom dweller in the next 10 years due to Popovich, Duncan, and Parker retiring.
  • Oklahoma City and the LA Clippers finally win their NBA titles.
  • The NBA will expand to 34 teams with teams in Louisville, Cincinnati, Seattle, and Albuquerque.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I think Southmen because of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Southmen

If it were exposed at a higher stage it would become the source of backlash, just saying.

Oh yeah, Sianis technically said

"The Cubs will never win another World Series again unless my goat is let back into Wrigley Field"

Since the goat died and was never let in after that, the curse is forever.

Some predictions require more salt than others...

MLB:

- The A's (lease breach) and Rays (no new Tampa Bay area stadium) will come dangerously close to long-distance relocation, but only one will ultimately pull up stakes. With speculation of landing sites such as Portland, Montreal, Salt Lake, Sacramento, Las Vegas, and San Antonio, the Expos 2.0 will be reborn. If I must pick which team leaves, I'll say the Rays move north. Meanwhile, the A's, after considering short-term options such as sharing AT&T Park with the Giants, sharing Levi's Stadium with the 49ers, and playing select home games in places Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Salt Lake, finally work out a deal to keep them in the Bay Area long-term, with a new home in either San Jose or Fremont.

- The Houston Astros will become a contender come 2017, making the 2018 ALCS but falling (I'll say to the Angels), and finally breaking through in 2019 versus the Braves. They disappoint in 2020, being eliminated by the Red Sox in the ALDS but beat the Cardinals in 2021.

- Despite swirling stadium speculation, the A's manage to be among the best in baseball, winning the 2014 AL Pennant but falling to the Cardinals. They win it all versus the Dodgers in 2015.

- San Diego will switch to brown as their primary color sometime before 2019, when someone in Padres management openly utters, "Ah, to hell with it."

NFL:

- Los Angeles will land the Raiders or Rams no later than 2016, with the next team no later than 2019. Being short on money and options but wanting to stay in the Bay, Mark Davis manages to work out a 2-year lease at AT&T Park after the 2015 season with an opt-out after 1. After 1 year and realizing situation at AT&T, he decides to opt out and sell roughly half of his stake to Phil Anschutz, and the Raiders call the Rose Bowl home for 2017 while their stadium continues to be built (more on that momentarily). Meanwhile, Stan Kroenke continues to be silent through 2015 and then announces that the Rams are heading back to southern California for the 2016 season, calling the LA Coliseum home for 2 years while the stadium on his Inglewood plot is built.

- Talk on placing a team in London remains lukewarm to warm until a 2017 agreement to place 2 European teams (expansion or relocation) there (with another in Berlin or Amsterdam to somewhat balance out travel) by 2022 is put in place. Another lockout ensues in 2021, costing the league half the preseason, with regular Europe travel becoming one of the primary sticking points (alongside retiree compensation and brain injuries). As a compensation, the NFL Overseas games expand to Amsterdam or Berlin.

- The Washington Redskins are renamed to the Washington Warriors or Washington Braves.

- After the retirement of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts become the team to beat in the AFC through about 2020.

- Two out of the 4 Super Bowl-less teams makes it to the big game: Browns, Lions, Texans or Jaguars. The Browns, after a hot second half to the 2018 season, surprise the likes of the Bengals, Ravens, and Colts at home en route to Super Bowl LIII. After hanging tight with a veteran Seahawks squad, the Cleveland's luck runs out as Seattle pulls away with a pick 6 to pad what was a 6 point lead. Meanwhile, the Lions finally make the 2016 NFC Championship game, losing out to New Orleans. They beat Carolina the next year.

NBA:

- LeBron James will win 2 titles for Cleveland and flirt with a third, beating the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2016 NBA Finals, Golden State in 2017, and failing to three-peat in 2018 against the Warriors.

- The Oklahoma City Thunder will lose either Kevin Durant or Russel Westbrook to free agency, by way of trade, or debilitating injury (ala Greg Oden) in the next 5 years and will be a middling team at best afterwards.

- Seattle will have an NBA team by 2024, though I can't say who it is, exactly. If I were a betting man I'd go with either Milwaukee or New Orleans as the relocating team, or a possible expansion.

- Due to ongoing legal proceedings with Donald Sterling, Chris Paul and sits a significant portion of the 2014-15 season and Doc Rivers leaves the team until the team is sold. Talks to trade Paul to the Rockets get serious until Sterling finally concedes.

- Time finally catches up to the Spurs in 2015-16, and their falling back to earth coincides with the rise and maturation of teams the Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz.

NHL:

- Just as inexplicably as Homer Simpson remains a nuclear safety inspector and Adam West a mayor, the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes remain in Glendale.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Some predictions require more salt than others...

MLB:

- The A's (lease breach) and Rays (no new Tampa Bay area stadium) will come dangerously close to long-distance relocation, but only one will ultimately pull up stakes. With speculation of landing sites such as Portland, Montreal, Salt Lake, Sacramento, Las Vegas, and San Antonio, the Expos 2.0 will be reborn. If I must pick which team leaves, I'll say the Rays move north. Meanwhile, the A's, after considering short-term options such as sharing AT&T Park with the Giants, sharing Levi's Stadium with the 49ers, and playing select home games in places Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Salt Lake, finally work out a deal to keep them in the Bay Area long-term, with a new home in either San Jose or Fremont.

- The Houston Astros will become a contender come 2017, making the 2018 ALCS but falling (I'll say to the Angels), and finally breaking through in 2019 versus the Braves. They disappoint in 2020, being eliminated by the Red Sox in the ALDS but beat the Cardinals in 2021.

- Despite swirling stadium speculation, the A's manage to be among the best in baseball, winning the 2014 AL Pennant but falling to the Cardinals. They win it all versus the Dodgers in 2015.

- San Diego will switch to brown as their primary color sometime before 2019, when someone in Padres management openly utters, "Ah, to hell with it."

NFL:

- Los Angeles will land the Raiders or Rams no later than 2016, with the next team no later than 2019. Being short on money and options but wanting to stay in the Bay, Mark Davis manages to work out a 2-year lease at AT&T Park after the 2015 season with an opt-out after 1. After 1 year and realizing situation at AT&T, he decides to opt out and sell roughly half of his stake to Phil Anschutz, and the Raiders call the Rose Bowl home for 2017 while their stadium continues to be built (more on that momentarily). Meanwhile, Stan Kroenke continues to be silent through 2015 and then announces that the Rams are heading back to southern California for the 2016 season, calling the LA Coliseum home for 2 years while the stadium on his Inglewood plot is built.

- Talk on placing a team in London remains lukewarm to warm until a 2017 agreement to place 2 European teams (expansion or relocation) there (with another in Berlin or Amsterdam to somewhat balance out travel) by 2022 is put in place. Another lockout ensues in 2021, costing the league half the preseason, with regular Europe travel becoming one of the primary sticking points (alongside retiree compensation and brain injuries). As a compensation, the NFL Overseas games expand to Amsterdam or Berlin.

- The Washington Redskins are renamed to the Washington Warriors or Washington Braves.

- After the retirement of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts become the team to beat in the AFC through about 2020.

- Two out of the 4 Super Bowl-less teams makes it to the big game: Browns, Lions, Texans or Jaguars. The Browns, after a hot second half to the 2018 season, surprise the likes of the Bengals, Ravens, and Colts at home en route to Super Bowl LIII. After hanging tight with a veteran Seahawks squad, the Cleveland's luck runs out as Seattle pulls away with a pick 6 to pad what was a 6 point lead. Meanwhile, the Lions finally make the 2016 NFC Championship game, losing out to New Orleans. They beat Carolina the next year.

NBA:

- LeBron James will win 2 titles for Cleveland and flirt with a third, beating the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2016 NBA Finals, Golden State in 2017, and failing to three-peat in 2018 against the Warriors.

- The Oklahoma City Thunder will lose either Kevin Durant or Russel Westbrook to free agency, by way of trade, or debilitating injury (ala Greg Oden) in the next 5 years and will be a middling team at best afterwards.

- Seattle will have an NBA team by 2024, though I can't say who it is, exactly. If I were a betting man I'd go with either Milwaukee or New Orleans as the relocating team, or a possible expansion.

- Due to ongoing legal proceedings with Donald Sterling, Chris Paul and sits a significant portion of the 2014-15 season and Doc Rivers leaves the team until the team is sold. Talks to trade Paul to the Rockets get serious until Sterling finally concedes.

- Time finally catches up to the Spurs in 2015-16, and their falling back to earth coincides with the rise and maturation of teams the Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz.

NHL:

- Just as inexplicably as Homer Simpson remains a nuclear safety inspector and Adam West a mayor, the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes remain in Glendale.

I could see the Raiders playing at Levi's Stadium and the A's playing at Att Park, but I don't see either stadium hosting a different sport.

Archived