2014-2024: The next 10 years in sports

DarkJourney

I think the Cubs will win a World Series.

The Pelicans will win a championship.

UL goes to the AAC

A football player dies on the field

An athlete brings a gun to the game and k

kills or injures someone.

Well that escalated quickly.

I'd say things got out of hand after his first prediction.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UL goes to the AAC

Well the first two are kind of like a six year girl hoping for a pet unicorn. Not realistic but you can let them think that.

UL goes to the AAC

Well the first two are kind of like a six year girl hoping for a pet unicorn. Not realistic but you can let them think that.

Well, the Pelicans isn't a CRAZY proposition. If they get another All-Star that can match up with Anthony Davis, and as long as he continues to ascend (the guy's going to get an MVP or two before the end of the decade), then they could take advantage of a post-Pop Spurs and post-Dirk Mavericks Division. DON'T DOUBT THE BROW.

GR30a5H.png

UL goes to the AAC

Well, the Pelicans isn't a CRAZY proposition. If they get another All-Star that can match up with Anthony Davis, and as long as he continues to ascend (the guy's going to get an MVP or two before the end of the decade), then they could take advantage of a post-Pop Spurs and post-Dirk Mavericks Division. DON'T DOUBT THE BROW.

Well, in a way, the Pelicans winning the finals is more realistic than the Devils winning a shootout

The Rays will attempt to relocate to Orlando, but when stadium plans fall through, Montreal comes into the picture

The Florida Panthers will give up the ghost and relocate to Quebec City

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The Dodgers will not win the World Series this year! The Giants could, There is no way the Rays will move out of Tropicana Field.

Tropicana sells the stadium's naming rights to another company, and the Rays move to Montreal or some other place.

#logic

Falcons & Hawks who knows, I hope they'll be better, but I think they Braves will be a very average team, and be sorry they couldn't have better success in the postseason with getting division titles and wild cards lately.

UL goes to the AAC

This ^

Also I HATE the Cubs but it's their time by now...

NewOrleansBowl_zpsb1707dea.png

• 8 months later...

Blue Jackets: Will win their first Stanley Cup in franchise history

Browns: Will relocate to Dayton in 2022, change the team name to Event Horizon, and win the Super Bowl in 2023

Bengals: Will relocate to Columbus in 2021, change the team name to Krytpon Factors, and win the Super Bowl in 2022

University of Dayton: Will drop football program in 2021

Ohio State: Will drop football program in 2020

Reds: Will fold in 2018, reducing the number of MLB teams to 29; Louisville Bats also fold

Indians: Will fold in 2019, reducing the number of MLB teams to 28; Columbus Clippers also fold

*bumps thread to post insanely stupid predictions*

There is only one of those that have any remote chance of happening, and that is UD dropping football.

The only way the Reds will ever go down is if the MLB itself does.

spacer.png

Blue Jackets: Will win the Stanley Cup in franchise history

Browns: Will relocate to Dayton in 2022, change the team name to Event Horizon, and win the Super Bowl in 2023

Bengals: Will relocate to Columbus in 2021, change the team name to Krytpon Factors, and win the Super Bowl in 2022

University of Dayton: Will drop football program in 2021

Ohio State: Will drop football program in 2020

Reds: Will fold in 2018, reducing the number of MLB teams to 29

Indians: Will fold in 2019, reducing the number of MLB teams to 28

giphy.gif

Inane bumping aside, I looked back and low and behold I ACTUALLY GOT ONE OF MY PREDICTIONS (for the most part) RIGHT AFTER JUST FOUR MONTHS!

Kevin Harvick: Will finally get a Sprint Cup Championship one of these years when Jimmie Johnson has engine problems at Homestead thanks to NASCAR's stupid new Chase system that emphasizes one race instead of an entire season

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

*bumps thread to post insanely stupid predictions*

There is only one of those that have any remote chance of happening, and that is UD dropping football.

The only way the Reds will ever go down is if the MLB itself does.

So you're saying the Blue Jacket's don't have a remote chance of winning a Stanley Cup in their franchise history :upside:

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

-Maple Leafs will get back to the playoffs in 2017, make it to a couple more conference finals 2-3yrs later, & lose both with a capable roster.

-Blue Jays will lose in the 2015 WC play-in, will win the division in 2016, & win the WS in 2020; in a way revisiting the 80's-90's run of pain before pleasure.

-Raptors will keep earning playoff spots, & sign Andrew Wiggins to an 11 year $200m contract. He helps Toronto win 2 titles over 5yrs.

-Argos will play at BMO & feel like a small town team, which will somehow make them more enjoyable to watch. Their fluke Grey Cup titles will continue occurring every 4-5x seasons.

-TFC will play in one playoff game in '15, & start to be a force in '16 as the roster finally doesn't experience mass yearly turnover as it has every f'ing year of existence.

-Tiger Woods will win 1 more Masters & 1 more freewheeling Open Championship. For everything the experts pile on him, just look at his results at Augusta since his last jacket - I think he's usually top 5-10 good enough for at least one more breakout.

-UEFA might pull out of WC2022, not least the middle east on geopolitical fire, & the way the host was chosen + winter scheduling. CONCACAF would follow suit & they might even play together their own summer tourney for fans later on.

MLB - Montreal, Monterrey, Portland, & Havana will be a nice round expansion list. 2 of which may end up being the Rays & Athletics' franchises.

NHL - Las Vegas & Seattle expansion; Florida to Quebec City relocation.

NFL - London will be in the AFC East. The Rams & Chargers will be in Los Angeles. The Raiders will leapfrog the Seahawks to follow the Patriots as next dynasty. Derek Carr seems to have an 'it' factor & with Rivers & Manning leaving &/or retiring, it'll be their division.

NBA - A full European division, with Asia their next destination.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 1 year later...
On April 17, 2015 at 0:57 AM, waltere said:

So you're saying the Blue Jacket's don't have a remote chance of winning a Stanley Cup in their franchise history :upside:

In the 2024 Eastern Conference quarterfinals, the Jackets will sweep the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In the 2024 Eastern Conference semifinals, they'll sweep the Detroit Red Wings.

In the 2024 Eastern Conference Final, they'll sweep the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In the 2024 Stanley Cup Final, the Columbus Blue Jackets will sweep the Vancouver Canucks to win the team's first-ever Stanley Cup with every player doing the traditional motion of what hockey players do when they become the NHL Champion: kissing the Cup.

Cleveland will figure out a way to add a few more "The"s to their history. LeBron will finally bring a title to Cleveland. At least one. Indians will get good, but disappoint at the most inopportune time in the playoffs. Browns will finally build something worth while and make a Super Bowl. The world will end.

Archived