Bosnia and Herzegovina Premier League redesign 5/16

OliverP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow mate...what a sad sort of affairs when people need to steal other intellectual rights because either they're too lazy or not talented enough to create their own. I am with others on here saying that you should hire a lawyer. If you have emailed them numerous times about trying to resolve this issue, with no response (because they are ignoring you thinking you might just give up on the matter) that means they understand what they have done. Maybe a lawsuit brought up against the club would be a good way to get their attention, they would definitely want to talk then. Maybe even take it to the local press where the club plays, clubs hate bad press about them. Whatever you do, don't give up!

Wow mate...what a sad sort of affairs when people need to steal other intellectual rights because either they're too lazy or not talented enough to create their own. I am with others on here saying that you should hire a lawyer. If you have emailed them numerous times about trying to resolve this issue, with no response (because they are ignoring you thinking you might just give up on the matter) that means they understand what they have done. Maybe a lawsuit brought up against the club would be a good way to get their attention, they would definitely want to talk then. Maybe even take it to the local press where the club plays, clubs hate bad press about them. Whatever you do, don't give up!

We're talking about amateur football club here, so I don't think lawsuit is one of the options. Bad press is not a bad idea, but not sure how much effect will that have considering it is a unknown club (I'm guessing it is popular among Croatian emigrants in Australia). However, OliverP should be persistent and try to win the moral battle here, with three possible options (IMO):

- some kind of a compensation fee

- acknowledgment for creating the logo

- Mostar Melbourne finding/designing new logo

P.S. OliverP - they are pretty active on their facebook page. You should try and contact them here also (if you haven't done it already)

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

I just wrote a message in which I have lowered my temper and anger. I was being pretty friendly if I do say so myself. :)

I told them that all I want is some recognition, so I proposed that they link my Behance page (which I'm currently updating) and mention my name somewhere on their Facebook page saying I designed the logo and the kit in some lengths. Threatened them with a lawsuit and bad press. I don't need any money (well maybe a jersey, it doesn't look half bad).

We'll have to wait and see if they reply, if not I'll be persistent in my pursuit.

All this commotion made me finish NK Travnik (dance) . Here is a little peek:

peek_zps56328dd7.jpg

Ok so this is the response from them quote "Mate we went thru the club before we published it" and then they sent me the e-mail that they got from Zrinjski saying that they like the logo and that they will approve it. Shows how amateur they really are. I wrote back that the clubs approvement comes after my approvement. *shakes head*

Ok so this is the response from them quote "Mate we went thru the club before we published it" and then they sent me the e-mail that they got from Zrinjski saying that they like the logo and that they will approve it. Shows how amateur they really are. I wrote back that the clubs approvement comes after my approvement. *shakes head*

All I can do is shake my head too with this response from the club. Doesn't this amateur club realize YOU designed it not Zrinjski? I would still email Zrinjski and mention the conversation you are having with this amateur club re: proprietary rights being stolen without zero permission being asked to the original designer. Maybe if they are fully aware of the lack of due care and respect by this amateur club, Zrinjski might take notice as they are structured to them in some small way.

I think in the end, maybe legal action against this amateur club would actually wake them up. If this comes out saying that they stole your designs, both crest and kit, then they would definitely talk because A) they probably can't afford it B) don't want the bad press C) and Zrinjski will get involved dissolving their partnership with the club. Always an option.

All I can do is shake my head too with this response from the club. Doesn't this amateur club realize YOU designed it not Zrinjski? I would still email Zrinjski and mention the conversation you are having with this amateur club re: proprietary rights being stolen without zero permission being asked to the original designer. Maybe if they are fully aware of the lack of due care and respect by this amateur club, Zrinjski might take notice as they are structured to them in some small way.

I think in the end, maybe legal action against this amateur club would actually wake them up. If this comes out saying that they stole your designs, both crest and kit, then they would definitely talk because A) they probably can't afford it B) don't want the bad press C) and Zrinjski will get involved dissolving their partnership with the club. Always an option.

Contacting Zrinjski is going to be my next step, 'cuz these guy from melbourne are really ignorant and unaware of the rules and steps that they need to take before using a logo that they didn't make. They skipped one step and that is talking to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys it has been a looooooooong time (it feels like I say this every time I upload something). Here is a logo for NK Travnik. Just a logo this time, a new presentation also. In the bottom left is the old logo.

I have switched to flicker instead of Photobucket 'cause they have some kind of privacy and restriction rules for pictures, just so that whole deal with Zrinjski logo doesn't happen again. I know that it's not full proof but it's something.

University also started for me, I'm a freshman at the faculty of graphic arts in Zagreb so I should get more inspiration to work and it'll take a bunch of my free time, so there is a good and a bad thing.

I'm not gonna promise you the kits just because I don't feel like making them anymore. Sometimes they are a very boring process of using the elements and colors from the logo and making it look nice while also taking history by hand and following it.

15513400686_04e62354e6_b.jpg

great to see this thread active again. Really nice and elegant logo Oliver! I like how you incorporated Vlasic mountain :)

Any news on Zrinjski affair?

P.S. I sure hope there is no such club as Melbourne Travnik :D

Hahaha yeah I hope that is the case as well. :D Umm, nothing really changed much, I don't have the time to deal with nonprofessionals and I just thought whatever, let them have it. I just received a Cargo Collective website which I am working on and hopefully that will help me feel that my work is safe and that I don't have to worry about someone stealing it from me, at least to some extent.

Archived