Modernizing the Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund Away added

jaker52

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BVB AWAY KIT

The current looks terrible, so I started fresh

BVB_14_15_Away_Kit.jpg

I wanted to do something with a Puma look that separates BVB from the rest of the bundesliga. I used the puma CAF 2012 kits for inspiration.

pumakits.jpg an ol

I just love these. simple and modern. I wanted to put a little twist on these to make it look a little more European. I based my kit off of an old BVB crest used from 76-78

oldbvb.gif

And at last here is the kit. I was also wondering if you all think it helps when i explain my research and inspiration like this. Please comment.

bvbaway.png

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

b04lhomeproject_page_001.jpg

Minor update includes:

The crest is now in the numbers

Edited placing of name and number on back

The T/Cross is more visible

i still cant see the T mate,

besides if it does have one it should be made up of the actual BAYER wordmark in the logo rather than block lines

C+C on some of your other kits, the FC Bayern Munich home kit has a collar thats too 90s looking (seriously it looks like arsenals from 1992 with that bloody triangle below it) and this gives the kit less of a modern feel, also it is a german tradition to place the name of the club below the numbers, without them the concepts just dont look german in my opinion

also you have picked a stupid choice of league to "modernise" (because your not actually doing that your just changing the look) because the bundesliga is already one of the most modern leagues their is, ...so you have basically picked the most difficult place to start you could have

i think that if you are going to even attempt this you should go back to the drawing board on the lot of them and really THINK about each design before you attempt it, your on the right track looking to their past kits for inspiration but you need to inject more personality into the kits, because the bundesliga is one of those leagues where each team is rich, and each team has enough clout in world football for companys like adidas to put effort into their design process rather than giving them a bog standard off the coat hanger template

but that being said if you want any advice or help with this im happy to and im only a PM away

Archived