Nike NBA Collection By Moom ( Oklahoma City Thunder Third 7/25 )

Moom

those are unreal. where did you get this template ive seen it before. love its realistic feel.

I made the template from scratch on GIMP. The shorts and socks were derived from personal images, the top was derived from a picture of an actual physical jersey from the internet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, thanks to all for the feedback!

Hornets Kit:

Appreciate all the comments! I will do a teal version when i get around to it, although the soft seafoam was a conscious choice, as I changed the logo colors on the shorts too.

Spurs Kit:

Wow! Didn't expect this much praise over this one, especially considering the new script. Cheers guys! Will make a change kit with it!

its way too subtle, and with it being the only design element, having it be subtle doesn't work, if the honey comb was in a stripe and was still subtle it would work better, or if it was more visible it would work better. part of sport design is being able to see things from a distance, not being able to only see something if you are in a close up shot of it.

I think you're taking both of my threads too seriously. These aren't meant to be traditional like the kits you're used to seeing. I don't think any of my work can be appreciated or respected fully if your analytic process is comparing it to modern NBA kits, which are substantially traditional ( stripes down the side, triple layer fonts, you get it etc. )

Cheers again, nonetheless. I feel its pretty visible. Its white, there's just a bit of green, but the right amount to keep it a one color kit. I think if its visible from a thumbnail pic similar to the one I posted, it'll be legible in a picture from a game, no problem.

so pretty much what you are saying is you don't care about improving your designs. I'm done trying to help you if thats your attitude.

I'm not sure how you possibly got that opinion from his reply. He's intentionally going against the grain of contemporary North American sports aesthetic. Your ideas are certainly valid, but so are his the way he implemented them. I look at the subtlety of the honeycombs like the old Magic all-over stars, or the sweatbacks that are commonplace today.

That being said... I can't imagine anyone wearing those Hornets socks! The colors remind me more of female workout gear. It still works for the uniform, but extending the look down to the socks is a bit much. Maybe plain white or just white and purple would be a little better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope you make it through the entire NBA. I love concepts where people think outside the box, especially for the NBA. I like the direction so far. Keep up the good work.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm loving these. I'd probably never want to see them on the court, but as far as innovative concepts go, these are fantastic. It's almost as if it's an alternate reality series. I assume that's a Native American influence on the Thunder unis? Looks great, keep it up.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Man, I'm loving these. I'd probably never want to see them on the court, but as far as innovative concepts go, these are fantastic. It's almost as if it's an alternate reality series. I assume that's a Native American influence on the Thunder unis? Looks great, keep it up.

Yes, heavy native influence! Thanks for the kind words.

Great work on OKC! Their color palette has always seemed a bit busy but I think you make it work here. I'd take these over the Thunder's current fauxback alternate. The side panels might be a bit wide but overall I like the look. It may be my monitor (or eyes) but is that top/center triangle on the jersey almost a greenish color? Just curious. Regardless, I really like how you're tweaking the colors in your concepts to fit your taste. Very deliberate. These are some well-executed concepts. I'm looking forward to following the rest of your series, Moom!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived