FIFA World Cup 2018 - Berlin Wall

Berlin Wall

Not much to say about this, after this years uniform mess (well kinda, some were great though), I decided to do some creative work on some national team kits.

The first one is for Brazil. After the 1:7 debacle some wondered if they'll change their home kit like they did back in 1950. I took the challenge and created this:

x50tc.jpgp5bwm.jpg

The second team I did is Colombia. Their look was really screwed up this WC. I went back to their traditional 90s look. I especially wanted to recreate the red kit with blue shorts and yellow socks from the 90s, as I think this is the best look they ever had.

2enxkro.jpg293xcfm.jpg

Next ones: Germany and Portugal!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Brazil

home: I will never like anything unless it is the classic yellow maybe it is ok to add a little to the yellow but nothing else.

away: I like the colorway and I am a big fan of the font and this was the right place to use it.

Columbia:

home: Columbia should keep it simple and the pattern is too much. I still like the colorway.

away: same as above but I think a white kit would do them well

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

While it would never happen in soccer, I would love it if you sent that hooped Brazil design to the offices of the Brazilian Rugby Union. They need a design like that to differentiate themselves from the soccer team and also established rugby nations like Romania and Australia, without also clashing with other established teams like Ireland and South Africa. Hoops are also are traditional rugby union design. Looks great.

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

yes yes yes thank you!!! There are very few designers on here that I am truly excited to see tackle big series like this - and you are one if them. I am also glad someone went with the 1950's look for Brasil, its probably my next favourite Brasil kit after the traditional - possibly not for long - Yellow/Green and Blue kits.

surprisingly, I love the Columbia kits. They are pretty entertaining and fun people and the kits should reflect it - and it does. I will take one of each please.

Uuuuuuh I like Columbia. It shows that the 90s had a good idea, but since they went all out with their patterned kits it didn't last. Small hints of that same pattern makes the kit stand out in a good way.

Brazil is a very traditional football country with sooooo much history and like upperV03 said I'm doubting they will ever change. But that away kit is so clean its unbelievable.

Looking forward to see some green on Germany maybe *wink* *wink*

OK, thanks for the feedback. This is actually not supposed to become a project like I did for the MLS or the Bundesliga. After the WC Final I just was in the mood for doing some national team concepts. So I don't know how many teams I'll post but it may be also teams that are very unlikely to qualify for 2018. I got some ideas for Canada for example. :P

I also want to experiment a bit and may be try something new for some teams like I did for Brazil (well, Brazil is the most massive change I'd do actually). It was the right time to do such a concept for Brazil after the WC debacle. I tried something new for the next team as well: Portugal!

Portugal didn't had a really consistent look throughout their history. The shirt was always red, ok. But they went with red shorts, green shorts or white shorts and red or green socks. The first big tournament the Portuguese qualified was the World Cup 1966. I noticed that they wore their blue away shorts for several games together with a red shirt and green socks. As red, green and blue are the most important colours in the history of their country and Portugal is closely associated with the sea, I really liked that look with blue shorts on them. So I tried:

2ez7313.jpg20kafjn.jpg

The next team is Germany. For the home kit it was a no brainer to bring back the black shorts. But I made long thoughts about the away kit. I thought about green, black, grey, red or even yellow as the dominent colour. At the end I decided that we could go with a red change kit again, like we did about ten years ago.

2ic7fuv.jpgsc8h07.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I absolutely LOVE both German kits. Well done. My favorite part of the German home are the thin stripes across the chest that remind me of several recent home kits using similar elements. Well done.

I dont like the blue shorts for Portugal. They just clash with the red and green too much. But everything else looks good.

I'm with wonderbread here. I like the idea of the blue shorts, but I think it's just too much with the red shirt and green cuffs. I'd also like to see a bit more on the Portugal aways...it's just too Real Madrid-esque as it stands now.

gYH2mW9.png

I really like Brazil, although the yellow shirts are iconic. It's a great little bit of a change, and it'd be pretty interesting if they changed the shirt. The white kits for Germany and Portugal are fantastic. Nice, and clean, they look great. The only thing throwing me off on the German clash is the white shorts, they seem to really mess with the red/black theme of the set. Great work so far, hope you can keep it up!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Those German kits are top mate! Love the thin stripes across the shirt and shorts. Like Colonels said, reminds me of German kits of the past. That red away shirt is a thing of beauty with the sublimated eagle.

Alll I can say is the DFB crest looks amazing with a fourth star above it and the World Champions patch on the front...

Thanks for all the love guys! I appreciate that! :)

I think the blue shorts for Portugal were worth the try. I think it doesn't look worse than what they usually have.

The next ones will be for Austria and South Africa!

Archived