FIFA World Cup 2018 - Berlin Wall

Berlin Wall

So, for Austria I just had to go with their traditional white-black-black look because 1. I liked that, 2. I never liked the neighbors Switzerland and Austria to look exactly the same and 3. they became third in a World Cup in them.

2vl8cgw.jpguy3kn.jpg

Maybe I watched this awsome Nelson Mandela rugby movie too often, but the kits for South Africa are highly leaned on the famous Springbok team. I went with a more golden tone of the yellow and with a darker green. The pattern of the away uniform is taken from the 1998 World Cup uniforms, the first WC South Africa took part. I thought this was a good idea as it represents the reuniting of the black and the white population.

bitfv4.jpgdyrwup.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The next one is Israel. I just saw that they qualified for the 1970 World Cup and I liked their simple and classic sky blue and white kits. I also like their federation badge. I took the design for the home kit directly from it. The away is based on the shirt from 1970.

4he22w.jpgi6igd0.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I love Austria's white kits. Clean and separate, but different enough to separate clashing with the Swiss.

SA's is brilliant! Hints at their flag but doesn't get obnoxious. Also it is different enough from the often similar Australian's.

Israel's is really flashy, yet somehow is tolerable, It has the right amount of detail. I also love the white kits, probably because I'm a sucker for Light Blue and White.

I also disagree with Wonderbread for the Clash kits of Israel. It seems safer to have a very plain and simplistic look for a clash to further avoid clashing.

The South African away kit is classic. Having a vee on the home one though, maybe construed as a bit too Australian for their liking, seeing as the vee was featured on the old Socceroo design and Rugby League Kangaroos design. Do you remember any of the old Bafana-Bafana tops from the 90's? They used to have a fair bit of white in them, maybe that could be an option?

Your Austria kit is an instant classic! I love the red trim being used throughout the kit.

While your Israel kits look more like club jerseys, they are beautiful. Have you thought seriously about sending them to Sydney FC of the Australian A-League?

Your German away kit is a beauty, I would love to see Leverkusen in something like that!

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

Archived