NFL Flagged Jacksonville (10/32)

YelichGraphics

I was watching the world lacrosse chamionships and came up with a great idea. What if the the teams in the NFL based their team off of the city flag.

I started with Buffalo and grew on. It has become a very fun project to do. Teams include Buffalo Storm, Boston Minutemen, New York Braves, and the Miami Palms.

AFC East

6hVGRsJ.png

GrWXepE.png

TgHP3Bl.png

WVOKKGX.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The patriots dont play in boston

They played in Boston from 1960-69, so close enough!

the New England flag would be better since the team NOW plays in foxboro which is 20 miles from both Boston and Providence to be in-between the two biggest cities in New England and represent the whole region.

I like this, but the teams are so different from their NFL counterparts, you might as well make this a fantasy league.

This is true. You're keeping nothing connected to the actual teams. You're changing the names, which really kills any connection. The designs have nothing that I can see related to the real teams. There's need to be SOME connection, at least.

Or just make it a fantasy league based on city flags.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I'm going to say something that really catches my attention with this. Paint Bucket fill. It just seems Two of the teams already have just panels filled in with a color. I think you need some more creativity.

Aside from that, when I look at the flag I see, red, white, blue. Red does not touch blue in the flag I would try to mimic that pattern on the jerseys. Try having white block off them from touching (in some areas). But as of right now I see no balance in color throughout the three jerseys. I think the blue helmet with red and gold stripe with white facemask doesn't look real nice to me. That element seems out of place for some reason to me.

I actually kind of like New York. The logo is pretty bad though, I'd probably get rid of the drum and feather concept and go with something else.
As for Cleveland, they look utterly awful the way you filled in the panels looks awful because there isn't really a design besides paint fill. The jersey doesn't match the pants or helmet at all and the gold is way out of place. The logo/wordmark on the chest looks bad too because its way too large and the bevel doesn't match the rest of the set. The logos on the shoulders look awful as does the city flag on the front chest (which looks bad on all the concepts). You're going to have to get much more creative on these rather than just filling in panels and slapping logos and flags all over the place.

spacer.png

Bevel is not under my control its just the font i use. The city flag is staying for every team. First off i like it, second off i'm not just going to change every single one because of it. I did not just fill in panels take a second look. I will take out the gold. Update soon.

Archived