ICEHL World Jersey Concepts

dkc

Here are the 3 jersey concepts that I have sent in to the IceHL World jersey contest on icethetics.co. I can't change the official submissions at this point which is what I want because I don't want to change anything because of extra comments and criticisms. I tried to be a little out there with the designs (*cough cough* Moscow), while still toeing the line. Let me know what you think!

10530520_888346937846866_724947327133882

The Moscow Cosmonauts. The Red jersey is supposed to be classic and timeless. However I decided to be a little more original with the 'clash' jersey. I used Gradients to represent the taking off of a rocket, and than placed the patches in areas where they could be seen as the insignia of an organization or military uniform. On both jerseys the Russian flag appears in the collar insert as a gesture to the nation Moscow is within.

10403727_888348531180040_156510605590846

The Stockholm Hammers. I was very tempted to go traditional Swedish style, blue home and gold clash jerseys but decided that might be overused so I went a different direction. The half / half jersey is something I first tried a month or so ago with the Jokerit contest on HockeyJerseyConcepts.com. It was well received, but there were a few pointers that went along with it. I attempted to create a half / half jersey for the Hammers while employing these tips that were given to me. The white jersey is a classic design much like the red jersey in the Cosmonauts set. Both jerseys have lightning bolts on the cuffs of the jerseys, which were lifted from the logo, and provide extra effect.

10536641_888350694513157_652977250434181

The Quebec Armada. First off, I absolutely love the logo that the Armada use. Gorgeous stuff. That being said on the last set of jerseys that the Armada had the logo was only featured on one of the jerseys. So I made a point of prominently placing it on both jerseys, being the only one present on the white jersey, which despite its simplicity is probably my favourite of the six seen on this post. The striping on the white jersey is inspired by the alternate logo which features 5 stripes alternating from dark to lighter blue. The dark jersey features sublimated barber poll stripes and unique placement of the alternate logo patch, which is at the elbow instead of the shoulder.

278.gif

Oh crap.. how'd I miss this... Man I need to start designing these jerseys!

I really like the Russian "clash". Looks nice, just I'd put the logo not in the soccer position, make it big.

Not feeling Stockholm, but it's ok... I guess (Sorry, right now my minds just on what I'm gonna do)

I love the subliminated striping on the Armada jersey, and I might have to do something like that on mine haha, the only change I'd make was that font is modern and the jerseys classic. They don't work IMO

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Wow, I typically dont like when Hockey Jerseys take on the mis-matching Soccer look but all 3 of these are great. I especially love the Dark Quebec jersey.

Thanks guys! Outside the box "European" style jerseys is what I was trying to go after with the clash kits. I personally love the Quebec set. The Moscow set I love, but wasn't too sure about the reception towards the black jersey. Stockholm wasn't my favourite, but I really liked the logos Daniel Otters designed for them so I went for it anyway.

278.gif

Hey David. I'm Ben A from HJC, and I will definitely be submitting some jerseys for this contest. I'm not a big fan of the Red Cosmonauts jerseys because it just looks like the yellow yoke comes to an abrupt stop at the striping. The black jersey seems really cool, but IDK how it would fare as a hockey jersey, but it is definitely cool.

Your Hammers jerseys are very "fresh" in my book. I love the white jersey, since it is common jersey and the colors work really well together. I get the idea you had for their home jersey, but I have never seen anything like it.

The Armada set you made is probably my favorite since they have such a good logo set. The away jersey reminds me of my Hershey Bears jersey, and it looks good with the Armada logo and colors. The home is cool, but like the Cosmos away, it might not work for Hockey. If these were soccer jerseys, they would be amazing.

Great work, and I will vote for it, unless I see something better!

Archived