OFC Nations Soccer Series - NEW CALEDONIA NOW UP

AnythingChicago

I've really been enjoying raysox's "CONCACAF Redux" series, so I figured I'd tackle the challenge of creating concepts for an entire confederation, albeit using Microsoft Paint. I chose to tackle the Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) because it is by far the smallest and most obscure of the six confederations, consisting of only 11 nations (14 if you count the three non-FIFA members). I hope to finish concepts for all 11 nations, and maybe even the three non-FIFA countries as an added bonus. :) First up is New Zealand!

---------

Country name: New Zealand

Nickname: All Whites

Colors: White, black, and silver

Kit manufacturer: Nike

FIFA code: NZL

Stadium: Westpac Stadium (capacity 34,500), Wellington

Current FIFA world ranking: 101

FIFA World Cup appearances (2): 1982 Spain, 2010 South Africa

Fun fact: At the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, New Zealand were the only team not to lose a match; the All Whites drew all three group stage matches in which they played and failed to advance to the knockout stage.

Concept description: I wanted to maintain the tradition of, well, all white for the primary kit, but with an added twist; both the primary and clash kits feature the national symbol, the silver fern, sublimated on the front of the shirt. For the clash kit, I decided to stray away from the usual all black outfit and went with a silver shirt over black shorts and socks, but of course the white shorts and socks can be used in lieu of the black for contrast reasons, if necessary. Both kits also include a duel geometrical design on the front of the shirt that is meant to complement the silver fern sublimation. For the socks, I chose a gradating design that corresponds to each kits respective shorts, and I chose a shirt template that includes a color because I feel that collared shirts really bolster the look of more simplistic kits (e.g. Australia and Greece in this years World Cup).

I realize that this concept does implement Microsoft Paint and that it is not necessarily of the same quality of the soccer concepts guys like raysox and Berlin Wall are pumping out these days, but keep in mind that I did put quite a bit of time and effort into this concept, and any comments or constructive criticism are recommended and would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

156epoi.jpg

25yzwqg.png

Incredibly lazy job on these IMO. The jersey template is one of nike's older and probably from around close to 2007. All you did was change the colors using the paint bucket tool and add the New Zealand aspects. A good, unique uniform is exactly that; unique. That includes not only design aspects, but also the template for the uniform that those design elements are being implemented on.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Incredibly lazy job on these IMO. The jersey template is one of nike's older and probably from around close to 2007. All you did was change the colors using the paint bucket tool and add the New Zealand aspects. A good, unique uniform is exactly that; unique. That includes not only design aspects, but also the template for the uniform that those design elements are being implemented on.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the concept or where I can find "unique" templates that are compatible with Paint?

25yzwqg.png

I have a few PNG templates that you can mess around with. At the moment I only have a couple but I am one of the few that seems to be sticking with the PNG format so I can understand the difficulty in finding a good template. Message me if you are interested.

I'm over half way finished with New Caledonia, so look out for that in the next day or two.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone; I hope there are fewer complaints about the template I chose for New Caledonia than for New Zealand.

25yzwqg.png

Country name: New Caledonia (French: Nouvelle-Calédonie)

Nickname: Les Cagous (The Kagus)

Colors: Red, grey, and white --> Blue, red, green, yellow, black, and white

FIFA code: NCL

Stadium: Stade Numa-Daly Magenta (capacity 10,000), Nouméa

Current FIFA world ranking: 136

FIFA World Cup appearances: None

Fun fact: The New Caledonian Giant Gecko is the largest extant gecko species in the world.

Concept description: New Caledonias crest and kits currently feature only red, grey, and white, but with a flag as colorful as theirs, I decided to embrace it fully. The primary kit is blue over red over green to mimic the New Caledonian flag, and the numbers on the front and back of the kits and shorts are black encircled in yellow just like the emblem seen on the flag. The clash kit is a celebration of the aforementioned emblem; it is yellow, black, and white with the highlight of the kits being the flèche faîtière, a carved rooftop spear that is portrayed on the flag and that can be found adorning the homes of the indigenous Kanak inhabitants of New Caledonia, adorned as a sort of stripe near the shirttail. Also of note: I recolored the crest from red, grey, and white to blue, red, green, and white, and I went with a collared template again; maybe collared shirts will be a recurring theme of this concept series. ;)

14izzvq.jpg

25yzwqg.png

I have to echo Griffinmartins with his comments. The squad numbers on the front of the kits remind of the days of the Nike football kits from 2002 World Cup. Ah the memories :) Nice job on the clash kit with the carved spears, would probably look a little better sublimated. And the home kits are spot on the national colors of the New Caledonia. Can't go wrong with hooped socks!

the template still looks too grainy for me. Being able to clearly see the pixels is taking away from the illusion in my opinion. I don`t see much difference between NC and NZ in terms of the basic template.

That aside, I think NC is definitely an interesting approach and although the circle looks strange, it could work for them.

Archived