2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Falcons @ Bengals
ivM4G.jpgxl0sG.jpg
I almost never comment on "matchup" threads because with few exceptions (MLB teams both wearing blue alts or color-vs-color games) I don't give the "matchup" much thought...I mostly consider each uniform on its own merit.
But I saw a few clips of this game today. Orange and red under bright sun (and how horrible these uniforms were overall) made this very jarring to my eyes. This has to be about the worst NFL matchup I've ever seen. Maybe if the Bengals did not have orange shoulders it would have been less jarring.

I think this is a good looking game. Chiefs vs Broncos is the bad one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 3 (Part 1)

Buccaneers @ Falcons

Tb5vc4x.pngivM4G.jpg

Chargers @ Bills

Oyp5KxV.jpgV4kW8ik.jpg

Cowboys @ Rams

8dkp6Ul.jpg?1FQmEY.jpg

Redskins @ Eagles

ZSeIG.jpgW6BO6mg.jpg

Texans @ Giants

Qe2gv.jpg5uWsH.jpg

Dolphins are supposedly wearing aqua at home this week. Someone already posted the link about the "aqua-out" and here is some more evidence:

http://www.dolphinstalk.com/2014/05/fins-to-wear-more-aqua-in-2014.html

I think the Cardinals and the Bengals will both be in black this week. The Bengals don't wear white at home after week 2. The Vikings Saints game would look so good like that, but the Saints always wear white at home first few games, which is stupid.

I wish Arizona would just give up the color black.

As long as these guys have Black on them, Black is appropriate:

northern-cardinal-sideview.jpg

Heck - I don't see any White there...get rid of the White! (Not to mention, the northern cardinal apparently only have Yellow beaks when they're young.)

Heck - I don't see any White there...get rid of the White! (Not to mention, the northern cardinal apparently only have Yellow beaks when they're young.)

In the logo, black is fine. I just hate the black jersey and black piping on the home and away jerseys.

Which could be the unveiling of the black pants with the black alts

What black pants?

btw on-field confirmed white/white for the Eagles today

Skipped a couple pages so I'm not sure if this was answered, but those "in the know" have confirmed that the Eagles have black pants as an option this year. Whether or not they're actually worn remains to be seen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So you think the eagles should drop green and add brown?

"Appropriate" maybe, but it just looks like crap in my opinion.

az-13-blackwhite-1-675x3802.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived