2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, as excited as I was to see the Jets and Giants go "retro" with their respective looks in the late 90's/early 00's, I kind of miss the previous uniforms.

lawrence-taylor-mark-gastineau.jpg

1992.jpg

Maybe the kids of today will say the same about this matchup.

51895511.jpg?v=1&g=fs2%7C0%7Ceditorial_n

Sorry for tiny photograph

Those Giants and Jets uniforms were so dull

What?

The new ones have no number outline. The white jerseys have only red on them. The blue jerseys have no red on them. They look like training camp/practice jerseys being worn on Sunday.

Hostetteler in that photo looks better than Eli ever did,

The Jets had a nice, vibrant color. Now they have multiple shades of matte green material that all looks like it's been washed too many times, with shoulder stripes that are cut off in a sloppy way.

87Redskins.png

Those Giants and Jets uniforms were so dull

What?

The new ones have no number outline. The white jerseys have only red on them. The blue jerseys have no red on them. They look like training camp/practice jerseys being worn on Sunday.

Hostetteler in that photo looks better than Eli ever did,

The Jets had a nice, vibrant color. Now they have multiple shades of matte green material that all looks like it's been washed too many times, with shoulder stripes that are cut off in a sloppy way.

I really miss that Jets helmet.

I'd call the current Giants uniforms "classic" and the 90s uniforms "generic". It's a really fine line between those two and I don't even know if I could tell you why I think that way, but that's the feel I get those two Giants uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'd call the current Giants uniforms "classic" and the 90s uniforms "generic". It's a really fine line between those two and I don't even know if I could tell you why I think that way, but that's the feel I get those two Giants uniforms.

I agree. The 90's Giants look more "off the rack" to me, while their current classic-based uniform (one of my favorites, I admit) looks like what it is... a direct homage to a uniform the was worn before designs were so over-thought, as they are now.

20131121_pjc_av3_363.0_standard_709.0.jp

By Odin, I hate the Saints in black pants.

The 90s Bills and 90s Giants jerseys were nearly identical.

Yes they surely did ... which is yet another reason why I like the fact that teams now wear their official word-mark just below the NFL collar-shield.

There's been many a times when I've worn older jerseys from the Jim Kelly era of the Bills and people out here in So Calif asked me if that was a Giants jersey and some just assumed it was. Only a hard core Bills fan were the only ones who were able to tell the difference.

This red over white should be Houston's primary look. Works great with navy helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 10 (Part 1) BYES: Chargers, Colts, Patriots, Redskins, Texans, Vikings

Browns @ Bengals

PmrMJXj.jpg?1f6Pd0.jpg

Chiefs @ Bills

hiKKm.jpgV4kW8ik.jpg

Dolphins @ Lions

piDGNmj.jpg?1G4GYw.jpg

Cowboys @ Jaguars

mAmxu.jpgXKCsGyA.jpg

49ers @ Saints

YEF7l.jpgzvHil.jpg

Archived