2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Don't know which thread to put this in, but here's a shot of the Super Bowl field. Blue end zones for both teams, which isn't surprising.

HqSd79a.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/john_kucko/status/560226787121061888

All navy bowl. Both end zones are navy. Patriots wearing navy pants. Seahawks dressed in navy helmets, jerseys and pants............way too much navy as is most of the league now days.............................

You can never have enough navy. Every team should wear navy monochrome...or black monochrome...or, in the case of the Eagles, green that almost looks black monochrome. New stuff is kewl. I hated the days when so many teams had bright colors and each team looked different.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conference logos on the same side again this year...

30cu9u8.jpg

So... They have the Patriots logo in the middle under the wordmark (as is per their wordmark), but... what will go on the left of it? Nothing?

That's a good catch and I really hope they fill the space with something. Otherwise they should have shifted over the wordmark. Looks really goofy now, but so will adding the Flying Elvis. Ideally they would have the text isolated from the logo and use Elvis to the left.

That patriots looks really weird. I'm pretty sure they have a version of the word mark without the logo in the middle. Why not use that and then put the logo to the left?

I mentioned this last year with Broncos / Seahawks but I think navy & navy is a good choise. It prevents one end zone from really standing out wheb up against the other teams Uniforms. In other words imagine if the seahawks made a game-winning touchdown last year against a bright orange end zone. I think Seahawls would be kids disappointed that the lasting image/photos of that play would be so Broncos dominant. Same thing if this year the patriots made a signature play against a lime green endzone. So when possible I think it's a good idea to use neutral colors.

Last year didn't bother me so much because it was navy end zone/white jerseys for seahawks and navy endzone/ orange jersey for Broncos. There was still contrast. This year though it is true there will be a lot of navy.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I actually don't think the Pats have an 'Elvisless wordmark'. I've never seen it anywhere anyway, and its not on the mothership. It really does make for an awkward situation here. Anyway, I think the wordmark would look really odd without the logo there.

Maybe they should have used the old wordmark that's still on the jerseys. That might technically not be a current logo though. Colorwerx?

30cu9u8.jpg

So... They have the Patriots logo in the middle under the wordmark (as is per their wordmark), but... what will go on the left of it? Nothing?

Hopefully they just haven't painted that yet.

I don't get why they can't just use a word mark and be done with it. The extra logos seem excessive to me.

spacer.png

30cu9u8.jpg

Hopefully they just haven't painted that yet.

I don't get why they can't just use a word mark and be done with it. The extra logos seem excessive to me.

When the Pats use to have the different wordmark with the flying elvis in super bowl xxxix they still had the elvis in the corner as well.

After doing some research, it appears that every time the Pats used the old wordmark with the Flying Elvis in it, the logo on the field was actually just the helmet(SB 31, 36, 38, 39). In the next two Super Bowls, they used the Elvis-less wordmark and had the normal logo in the endzone(SB 42, 46). If that is the final endzone, it is a shame because it looks really bad. I know that the wordmark does exist with the Elvis because I found it at one point for a concept.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they just wait and wait until Sunday morning and boom paint Pat the Patriot in the corner. I know it won't happen but a man can dream.

What scares me about these two years in a row with two navy end zones, is that after watching the College Football Champ game this year, Goodell is going to go "You know, these same colored end zones we've had these last two years are very nice and bland. It'd be better for the brand of the game to create a more unified look year to year and just use black end zones"

That patriots looks really weird. I'm pretty sure they have a version of the word mark without the logo in the middle. Why not use that and then put the logo to the left?

I mentioned this last year with Broncos / Seahawks but I think navy & navy is a good choise. It prevents one end zone from really standing out wheb up against the other teams Uniforms. In other words imagine if the seahawks made a game-winning touchdown last year against a bright orange end zone. I think Seahawls would be kids disappointed that the lasting image/photos of that play would be so Broncos dominant. Same thing if this year the patriots made a signature play against a lime green endzone. So when possible I think it's a good idea to use neutral colors.

Last year didn't bother me so much because it was navy end zone/white jerseys for seahawks and navy endzone/ orange jersey for Broncos. There was still contrast. This year though it is true there will be a lot of navy.

I disagree completely. A kid would be disappointed by a picture of his team winning because it was on a different background? So, they should never print photos of accomplishments from road games? If anything, having it be on a different colored endzone heightens the moment, really highlighting that it's not just a home game for that team. These moments are arguably better images because of the endzone color:

bears-patriots-super-bowl-xx.jpg

KevinDyson_1391112113651_2194256_ver1.0_

Malcolm+Jenkins+Tracy+Porter+Super+Bowl+2fpg-vertical.jpg

Super+Bowl+XLII+BStYWWPMajtl.jpg

Those are just off the top of my head. And yes, I realize the Titans didn't win that game, but it's an iconic photo which I believe is heightened by the yellow endzone.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived