Minimal to no use of certain logos

Sanic

3819769014_c01f49ac19.jpg

Holy crap -- look at how many calories contained in the sliders and the fries -- especially the cheese fries! No wonder why ballparks are installing wider seats!
I thought that everyone would start in with the prices, but yep. There's a very good reason why the city started requiring calorie counts.
Eh I expect to be ripped off at a ball game when it comes to food so my eyes went straight to the calories too. Holy crap.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't see this logo used often at all with the Patriots.

yel4gpyykcebgvtqz02x2fkes.gif

The only time you do really see it is when Brady wears the hat with logo on it.

brady-haircut-presser.png

Baltimore+Ravens+v+New+England+Patriots+18j57pbhbd7hjjpg.jpg

It's not a primary logo, so I don't expect to see it that often to begin with.

When the Warriors lost their mascot to the team that used to be from Seattle, this primary logo was rarely used. In fact, I don't even remember seeing any of it at team stores during that period before their rebrand in 2010.

If you're like me and had absolutely no idea what the heck this was talking about, here's some literature on the matter:

http://peninsulapress.com/2011/01/03/thunder-enlightening-whatever-happened-to-the-golden-state-warriors-mascot/

And an excerpt: "The following morning, I flipped open my laptop, determined to find some answers. I quickly learned that the NBA’s Oklahoma City franchise – formerly the Supersonics, who were relocated from Seattle in 2008 – had selected the name Thunder. This forced the Warriors to remove the moniker from their mascot. I gritted my teeth in frustration" ... [To be continued...]

.... Wow. Powerful stuff.

Since then, the Warriors have had no mascot. Not even today despite the rebrand.

Go A's!

That 'NE' mark also has never shown up in any of the official logo packages...although to be fair, the Redskins' 'R' mark just began being included about two seasons ago.

That 'NE' mark also has never shown up in any of the official logo packages...although to be fair, the Redskins' 'R' mark just began being included about two seasons ago.

The Joe Gibbs one? He's been using that for years. Surprised that it was never official.

Joe-Gibbs.jpg

Go A's!

I think the NE mark was part of a Reebok cap series back around 2002-2003. I seem to recall in specific a Buccaneers caps with a TB monogram in the wordmark font.

I'd give for one of those sometime soon.

I think it was actually created by Nike before Reebok signed their exclusive deal. It was on caps and letterman jackets. There were custom logos for almost every team - the Packers had a white G with gold outline on green background.

Reebok inherited the logos when they took over, and continued to use them sparingly, but didn't originate them.

I think it was actually created by Nike before Reebok signed their exclusive deal. It was on caps and letterman jackets. There were custom logos for almost every team - the Packers had a white G with gold outline on green background.

Reebok inherited the logos when they took over, and continued to use them sparingly, but didn't originate them.

I think you are correct. I had a Seahawks one back in the day. I'm guessing that they were around in 2000 or 01.

de3h67bkly50rbi6s39zzc41q.gif

Worn on....their socks.

Also as a big structure in center field but mostly the socks.

real nice alt. logo

A shame Prince don´t play for the phillies, his asscrack matches the crack in the bell...............the real bell that is

I really like that alternate Seahawks logo. I'm surprised it is not used on merchandise.

Again, because it's not an official mark.

Interesting. Where did it come from?

I've seen it used around the stadium before the recent rebrand.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I really like that alternate Seahawks logo. I'm surprised it is not used on merchandise.

Again, because it's not an official mark.

I understand "official marks" must be ones that the team includes in their logo package specifically. But then, where do all these other logos come from? I guess what I'm trying to ask is: what makes a logo "official" enough for it to appear on this website, be used in the stadium, etc., but not "official" enough to be used on merchandise and appear on the graphics package?

I hope I'm being clear enough. ^_^

Archived