United States World Cup 2018 Redesign

Soarindude

After seeing several concepts related to the US National team, I decided to take on the challenge myself. I designed the logo, home, away, and default keeper kit. The "Dont Tread On Me" snake was directly taken from Nike's concept.

Here was my first go at it:

dqt0l3.jpg

The colors are returned to navy (slightly lighter than the original navy) and red.

I decided to return with stripes for the home kit. Nothing screams USA like red stripes, and I felt that returning the stripes for Russia 2018 was the best choice. I decided to go with white shorts and white socks though, making the look a bit more cleaner than what we saw in 2012.

With the clash kit, I decided to bring back the pageant stripe. I was never a big fan of the pageant stripe in 2010, but I felt that my execution of the diagnol stripe is more appealing to the eye. The monochrome navy look sets us apart from France (sometimes) and England.

The keeper kit is a simple black uniform with navy and white mixed in. The clash keeper kit would be a duplicate of this kit, only in red.

Yeah the template sucks, the logo sucks and most of all, your presentation sucks. If you find a better template to enhance your presentation, then you have a pretty decent concept. Just work on the overall execution of the concept and you might have a better response.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Did a really great job on the jerseys with a realism template but is there a way you can get shorts and socks to be realistic too? I feel like the designs are good, but I feel like I've seen them before..either actually on the pitch or a lot of people making similar ones. One thing I don't particularly like is the white sleeves on the blue.

The crest is very busy in shape and design. You have a lot of elements clashing;

Top of the crest coming in but the text being straight makes no sense for that to be there. I would keep the top straight if you're going with straight text there. The bottom doesn't come to a point and when it's that close to coming to one I would just make it a point. I don't really care for the diagonal stripe and it reminds me of the great britain flag rather than US.

The snake is decent but I don't feel like it is being used correctly. what if it was more subtle or having it wrap around the actual shield and crest?

As you can see, I'm a huge USA fan, so I like seeing USA concepts

I like the creativity, execution is ok because the socks could use something. Also, World Cups usually only have 2 jerseys

Red jersey: Very similar to their current home set (the Waldo jersey from 2013, but I think they still use it). Don't like the blue trim, but it's still a cool jersey

Blue Jersey: This one is my favorite. It's basically just their 2010 World Cup Jersey with a red sash. Still looks very good,

Black Jersey: Really? Black? It's out there, but not something for a World Cup. If these were the finalists for their 2018 World Cup jersey, I would not choose the black.

I love the logo also! That is really cool with the snake and the sash, so that is the best part of the concept for me

As you can see, I'm a huge USA fan, so I like seeing USA concepts

I like the creativity, execution is ok because the socks could use something. Also, World Cups usually only have 2 jerseys

Red jersey: Very similar to their current home set (the Waldo jersey from 2013, but I think they still use it). Don't like the blue trim, but it's still a cool jersey

Blue Jersey: This one is my favorite. It's basically just their 2010 World Cup Jersey with a red sash. Still looks very good,

Black Jersey: Really? Black? It's out there, but not something for a World Cup. If these were the finalists for their 2018 World Cup jersey, I would not choose the black.

I love the logo also! That is really cool with the snake and the sash, so that is the best part of the concept for me

Black is the keeper jersey.

If you're going to make hoops our "thing," which by the way, I LOVE, then carry that over to the other kits, for consistency's sake. Why not have the clash kit have blue and red hoops, with white pinstripes separating the colors. Also, the goalie kit in black is not a particularly great idea, since enough teams use black kits to make it not practical as a goalie's uniform. If ever there was a time to go for brighter colors, it's here. Nike kits in the USA. What's more " 'Merica' " than that?

That said, the home kit, aside from the crest issues that have already been mentioned, is perfect. I'd buy one today.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Here is the updated crest. I used the shape of the old centennial logo, reduced how busy the logo looked and included stripes in the design, and a couple other minor adjustments.

nq22qx.png

Here are the updated kits.

I kept the home uniform the same after the good reaction. The away uniform received a couple changes to model after their previous white uniform. I returned the polo look and ditched the pageant stripe.

The keeper jersey is changed to a nike volt color, as nike continues to push the neon color.

15d2anp.jpg

I'm a big fan of Nike's snake design. It's a little unorthodox for American iconography but it's the kind of element that has more character than the usual stars and stripes designs. That being said I do think your updated crest is headed in the right direction (though still roughly pixelated). I think you should maintain the red stripes vertical and outline the snake's silhouette in white so that it doesn't muddle up with the background as much. I'd also find a better, blockier font for the USSF mark.

Midway.png

Archived