Auburn Uniform Survey

Clintau24

Hey guys,

I'm doing a short survey to find out a few things about how the Auburn family views the football uniforms and potential changes. And I'l like to extend that invitation to you guys. So if you don't mind, please partake in my quick survey. Eight short questions, shouldn't take you but a minute or two.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5T3MXX8

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I took the survey. Auburn has a great look already, so changes should be minimal. I love that helmet logo and it should never change. Orange alternate jersey would be okay, but I voted to just match up the stripes. (I think that was the option I chose.)

even though i go to a rival SEC school, i took the survey :upside: one thing i would like to see that ive seen a concept often of is a orange and white helmet with tiger stripes. other than that the look is by far a classic look

2rzsaw3.jpg

Auburn wore orange jerseys once (in the 70's I think), had orange facemasks in the Bo Jackson era, and also had orange drop shadows on the numbers in the Bowden era, so it hasn't been straight traditional throughout. With that said, any change to the uniforms would be met with some serious backlash. In 2010 it was rumored that they were going to come out in navy helmets and pants for a "True Blue" home game, but it got scuttled at the last minute by angry boosters. Dunno if that's bunk or not, but this photo showed up supposedly as proof:

photo.jpg

Regardless, the uniform Auburn has now is exceptionally recognizable, and radical changes like a navy helmet or orange jerseys aren't necessary.

Auburn actually has worn the orange unis at least 5 times (did a post about them on my site, check it out here). I actually know some real info about the blue lids, but unfortunately cannot talk about it. I do wish the orange facemasks would make a return.

Anyways, thanks for taking the survey guys. I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, the stupid site that hosted it only lets me view the first 100 results with the free account. They want $26 a month for the most basic subscription, which is stupid, especially for a single survey. But I still loved the info I can actually see!

ojNNazQ.jpg

I would love to see those blue helmets with the white jersey and some blue pants for an away game or two. I'm not really big on the idea of orange alternate jerseys or orange facemasks, which is weird because orange is my favorite color. A change I would like to see is a simple one- I love the look of the mid-2000 teams when they wore black socks and black shoes.

I took it. I wouldn't mind it if they fixed the pants stripes to match the rest of the uniform. I also wouldn't mind an orange alternate jersey or a throwback here or there. Anything else though? No need to compromise tradition to chase trends.

I do wish they would make Under Armour create sleeve stripes that at least mimic a full sleeve wrap-around. The sleeve stripes have become almost a bar on the outside of the sleeve only. Even the fan replica jerseys are made with no attempt to wrap-around sleeve stripes. Also I wish they would fix the pant stripe at the bottom of the leg where it now comes to a point. I know this is all due to the cuts of the uniform, but if Russel Athletic could get this right then then I think UA could also.

I do wish they would make Under Armour create sleeve stripes that at least mimic a full sleeve wrap-around. The sleeve stripes have become almost a bar on the outside of the sleeve only. Even the fan replica jerseys are made with no attempt to wrap-around sleeve stripes. Also I wish they would fix the pant stripe at the bottom of the leg where it now comes to a point. I know this is all due to the cuts of the uniform, but if Russel Athletic could get this right then then I think UA could also.

It's just the template and cut of the jersey. They used their new template on Maryland and Texas Tech for at least one uniform last year, which make the shoulders look a bit better, so hopefully Auburn gets that one shortly.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm doing a short survey to find out a few things about how the Auburn family views the football uniforms and potential changes. And I'l like to extend that invitation to you guys. So if you don't mind, please partake in my quick survey. Eight short questions, shouldn't take you but a minute or two.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5T3MXX8

I don't think they should change a thing. The blue pants were a nice change that I would be ok with as an alternate.

I wanted to know what your thoughts on Auburn's baseball uniforms were. Would you change anything?

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I took it. I wouldn't mind it if they fixed the pants stripes to match the rest of the uniform. I also wouldn't mind an orange alternate jersey or a throwback here or there. Anything else though? No need to compromise tradition to chase trends.

If you want a consistent stripe color pattern, it's the helmets that need to be fixed.and I guess the white jersey.

So I recently finished making my own custom helmet, complete with the orange facemask, just to see what it would look like. What do you guys think?

20140702_181951_zps60960ea5.jpg

My thing about the orange uniforms is that the striping is so odd. When they wore them in the 70s, they had a wide orange stripe and smaller blue stripes, which should be reversed. And as far as blue unis go, I've honestly just not liked any of the concepts I've seen, whether they be real mockups or online concepts.

To answer the question about the baseball unis, I actually love the orange jerseys and the throwback uniforms. I think the new grey road alt is weak, but it's the only one not worn with stirrups. That could fix them. New head coach Golloway made all the players wear stirrups with all other uniforms, and they look great. Unfortunately, only 2 different hats were worn, which sucks because there are a good 5-6 or more hats in the room just waiting to be worn.

ojNNazQ.jpg

I would love to see those blue helmets with the white jersey and some blue pants for an away game or two.

I'd like to see Auburn try this out. Their home look is one of my favorites, but I hate the storm trooper unis.

Come to think of it, is Auburn the only SEC school that has yet to try an alternate of any kind? (well, Vandy too, but they probably aren't even asked if they'd like one)

PJU85JF.png

Archived