LA Kings Combination of Eras

TheLAKnight

I'm new to making concepts but this was an idea that I've been thinking about for quite a while. If all goes well, I'll try create similar jersey combinations for other NHL teams. After the concept, I provided a description as to how the jerseys utilize elements from different eras.

Comments and questions are greatly appreciated.

LAKingsHome_zps023c2383.png?t=1406141604LAKingsRoad_zps95534c25.png?t=1406141623

LAKingsAlt_zps96fd3b1d.png?t=1406141614

Home/Road Jerseys

• Original Set (1967-1980) - Purple (Forum Blue), Logo (sans KINGS)
  • 2nd Set (1980-1988) - Purple (cont.)
  • Gretzky Era Set (1988-1998) - Black, Silver, Numbers
  • Staples Center Set (1998-2011) - Complete color set (different shade of purple), Striping pattern
  • Current Set (2011-present) - Font on logo, NOB font

Alternate Jersey

• Original Set (1967-1980) - Purple (Forum Blue), Gold, Logo (shoulder patch)
  • 2nd Set (1980-1988) - Purple (cont.), General design
  • Gretzky Era Set (1988-1998) - Black, Silver, Striping pattern
  • Staples Center Set (1998-2011) - Complete color set (different shade of purple, sans gold), Logo (recolored), Numbers, NOB font
  • Current Set (2011-present) - General design, Striping pattern (cont.)

The first two jerseys are pretty good, the only change I would make is using just the crown part of the logo. The yellow jersey however, is the weak link. To be honest, it's too busy, and the gray just looks out of place. To fix this, maybe you could make the logo have some yellow in it and remove the gray. I think the black could work possibly as an accent color if you reworked the stripes to make the black less prominent.

The first two jerseys are pretty good, the only change I would make is using just the crown part of the logo.

I went back and forth on which type of logo to use (crown only or with text), but I went with this one because most of the Kings primary logos have followed this pattern even if they weren't used on the jerseys. The jerseys with these types of logos have been worn by the most successful teams in the team's history (1993, 2012, 2014). I did want to have a standalone crown in at least one jersey though which explains the alternate.

To fix this, maybe you could make the logo have some yellow in it and remove the gray. I think the black could work possibly as an accent color if you reworked the stripes to make the black less prominent.

LAKingsAltV2_zps5c9c2555.pngLAKingsAltV3_zps730c59ae.png

Ya I felt that the alternate wasn't as good. I took your advice and simplified the striping and logo to remove the gray and minimize the black. I couldn't decide whether the logo looked better with a black or white outline. I'm leaning towards the white but then I don't think that it has enough black.

After looking at the update. I'm going to have to say that black doesn't really go well with gold and 'forum blue'. It just looks way out of place. Especially that you have the arms purple with a white outline stripe, but the striping on the jersey is white with a black outline. The whole thing is almost like an unorganized mess. I'd take out black completely and re-work that design.

I took another stab at a Forum Blue and Gold jersey without any black which looks better but not very different from other concepts I've seen.

LAKingsAltV4_zpsa38a060c.png

I also tried going a different route with a darker jersey using the same colors as the home and road (no gold).

LAKingsAlt2_zps7acf61f5.png

Archived