personal logo attempt (C&C please)

jaker52

I took a rest from my series to do this. I will call myself Hall of Fame Concepts and i was wondering what you all think of my logo.

halloffame.png

The black is transparency not a background and it makes the logo more visible anyways

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

How many versions did you come up with before arriving at your final we see here?

i drew like thirty on paper but this is the only one to come to life

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

What is the significance behind the orange circle? What is the significance of "Hall of Fame Concepts?" Personal logos should be just that-- personal. It should have some meaning to you. If you are choosing Hall of Fame Concepts just because it sounds cool, that's not the way to do it.

As far as the actual logo goes, it's pretty bland. It looks like you just picked a stock font at random for the H and F. The O is pretty hard to make out as an O, so right now it just looks like HF Concepts. I agree with Doug, it would help to see some background behind this to see if you have some other potential ideas, otherwise I'd go back to the drawing board.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Mind posting the drafts you drew out? Or at least the ones you favored? It'd be a lot easier to judge the success of this with some background.

I agree. I believe the logo is nice but the execution can be a little better. I love the black but Im not understanding the direction of the logo.
shado_logo.gif

Two notes:

1. Nothing conveys a "hall of fame" feel. A star in the center of the O would mke the name feel a bit more appropriate.

2. The gradients do nothing for me. They're just kind of there. For the heck of it. If you want to make the logo work, light to dark gold resembling plaques would make a nice gradient.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The H and F actually look drawn to me, not a font.

The orange circle is not centered in the negative that creates the O.

The light source to create your gradients is not consistent.

I wouldn't use a black background for this. And if you do, go with a white font.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

The H and F actually look drawn to me, not a font.

The orange circle is not centered in the negative that creates the O.

The light source to create your gradients is not consistent.

I wouldn't use a black background for this. And if you do, go with a white font.

the H and F are drawn

That does not look like it was drawn 30 times on paper.

Remove the gradients and get some eye-catchy font for people to look at. Other than that, the Jr logo is good enough.

it was 30 ideas not this one idea worked on that many

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

If you drew 30 concepts and this was the best ones, the others must have been pretty awful.

It says nothing about Hall of Fame, and looks more like a logo for a TV company than a sports or design company.

:(

How long did it take you? 3 minutes?

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

If you drew 30 concepts and this was the best ones, the others must have been pretty awful.

It says nothing about Hall of Fame, and looks more like a logo for a TV company than a sports or design company.

:(

How long did it take you? 3 minutes?

I agree about the TV thing. A lot of personal logos nowadays are really abstract, so I say try and head more in that direction

i would like to say that i thought of HBO when i first saw this, it was only when i looked again and saw concepts that i realised this wasnt the case, i would like to see your other ideas before i give you any opinion though as i wonder if any of your old ones can be added to this to improve it

i often find this a handy thing to do whenever i come up with an idea

Archived