Moscow Cosmonauts Jersey Concept that never was

T-ROY

I did this concept about a week ago for the IceHL expansion team, the Moscow Cosmonauts. I sent it in thinking that I had a decent concept and waited to see it in the competition. The comp. went up today and to my surprise, my concept wasn't there. I spent a good deal of time working on it and I was kind of depressed to not see it there. I went to my e-mail to see if I remembered to attach the file to the e-mail since I forget a lot (just ask Ryan (HJC)). Turns out I didn't. I sent it in on the 19th (six days ago) so I am dumbfounded for the reason I was not contacted for not attaching the file. It's a stupid mistake and can easily be fixed by simply asking to re-submit it, but that never happened. I tried contacting Chris (Smith) to see if I could fix with little probability. I have yet to get any sort of response. So, I guess instead of having it in the competition, I would put it here for you to enjoy, hate, whatever.

Here it is...

MoscowCosmonauts-TaylorRoy_zps1a6f42dd.p

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'm sorry to hear that Taylor. The concept world has not been very nice to you recently. First, you come in 9th in the HJC Open, and now this. This was also a good concept! Chris said that he accepts a lot more than he rejects, buts maybe the pixelation of the stripes and somewhat pixelated numbers caused that. Maybe it was just a mistake. I personally don't like the dark red, but that is just a personal preference.

BTW, my name is Ben A so I would really appreciate it if you voted for me on the Cosmonauts jerseys! I would vote for this concept, but sadly it isn't there?. Overall great concept. Best of luck in the future Taylor!

I recommend sending it to HJC so that it can get reviews because I could see this as a COTW worthy concept

Chris said that he accepts a lot more than he rejects, buts maybe the pixelation of the stripes and somewhat pixelated numbers caused that. Maybe it was just a mistake. I personally don't like the dark red, but that is just a personal preference.

It wasn't an issue about him not liking it, my idiot self just didn't attach the file to the e-mail that I sent in. He never saw it.

It's an ok entry imo. The main problem I see with it was that I can't really see the Cosmonauts in yellow, the colors don't really work that well on that colored base. I think it makes the jersey look a bit washed out. I decided for my entry (which I thought was the worst of my entrys btw) was to use yellow as an accent color and play up the reds and blacks, but my concept isn't perfect by any means, and this concept could move up the bracket (if you sent it in).

Also don't send it into HJC, even if it is good. I don't think Ryan would want the Icethetics and HJC community mixing that much (I remember that when some team leaked their unis or logo (I forget, it could have been Dallas' logo...) Ryan specifically instructed the posters not to say anything about it because it was an "icethetics exclusive". I don't think he'd want tons of Icethetics based concepts on his site.

I'm sorry to hear that Taylor. The concept world has not been very nice to you recently. First, you come in 9th in the HJC Open...

And thank God he did :P I'm loving 8th place. No offence Taylor.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

It's an ok entry imo. The main problem I see with it was that I can't really see the Cosmonauts in yellow, the colors don't really work that well on that colored base. I think it makes the jersey look a bit washed out. I decided for my entry (which I thought was the worst of my entrys btw) was to use yellow as an accent color and play up the reds and blacks, but my concept isn't perfect by any means, and this concept could move up the bracket (if you sent it in).

Also don't send it into HJC, even if it is good. I don't think Ryan would want the Icethetics and HJC community mixing that much (I remember that when some team leaked their unis or logo (I forget, it could have been Dallas' logo...) Ryan specifically instructed the posters not to say anything about it because it was an "icethetics exclusive". I don't think he'd want tons of Icethetics based concepts on his site.

I'm sorry to hear that Taylor. The concept world has not been very nice to you recently. First, you come in 9th in the HJC Open...

And thank God he did :P I'm loving 8th place. No offence Taylor.

I didn't know about the IceHL situation (probably before I was there). I was a bit skeptical about sending it in and now i definitely won't :)

BTW I hate you

I thought the best part of his concept was the colors. He managed to balanced them well.

Thanks, my main focus was to incorporate every color provided and I think it turned out ok

Archived