Ottawa CFL rebrand

Christian Legault

Im rebranding the Ottawa redblacks because it seems a lot of people in ottawa don't like the name. ( i know, a little early)

Im not sure on a name but i have two helmet options. Black Or Red?

(This is my first football concept)OttawaHelmets_zps113b9e9b.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

A bit off topic, but I wonder if the name Redblacks was pick with the idea people wouldn't like it and perhaps to put pressure on Sask to allow Rough Riders to come back, maybe a bit too conspirtorial

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Haha! A little;) that's a biiit stretched. I just think the management thought it was a good name... I mean they could've done so much with the logo to. Regardless let's say ottawa did get the name rough riders sask fans wouldn't be to impressed.

The name is starting to grow on me though. I still don't like it but I don't hate it either.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Voyageurs sounds alright; it's also the same in English and French, so there's a big plus.

You could also make that spear-looking thing feature a "V" in the tip as a tie-in, too.

Also, I think that the logo on the red helmet would look better in white on a black helmet. Just my two cents.

This is all well done, but I feel a need to point out that the "spear" used here was an element in one of the previous Rough Riders logos, and was meant to represent the cant hook or pike used by log drivers (who they claimed were also known as rough riders). A voyageur, however, crossed Canada by canoe for the fur trade, and would not really be associated with the cant hook. A canoe paddle is less attractive than the "spear", but it would be more relevant for a team called Voyageurs.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

The voyageurs over the front numbers should be a bit bigger to become more visible

I also agree with sportsherald. I don't understand the relevance of the spear for the Voyageurs.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived