Milwaukee Bucks Redesign

Jvelleu

Hey everyone, i want to start this off by saying I really don't like the Bucks' current identity, especially considering how good I think they have looked in the past. Im also a huge fan of the new Hornets rebrand, and after seeing it I was inspired to attempt to do for the Bucks what was done for the Hornets. So heres what I came up with, C&C appreciated.

Ful project available HERE

MilwaukeeBucksPrimaryLogoBackground_zps3

MilwaukeeBucksSecondaryLogosBackground_z

MilwaukeeBucksWordmarksampNumbersBackgro

I also created a mascot logo, which again was heavily inspired by the Hornets brand. My goal was to modernize Bango just as Hugo was. These logos would just be used on apparel.

MilwaukeeBucksMascotLogoBackground_zps60

Here are the uniforms, the Alt. could be worn at home or on the road.

BucksHomeUniformBackground_zpsf64e6101.p

BucksAwayUniformBackground_zps839bf69e.p

BucksAltUniformBackground_zpsf2bc79d0.pn

And lastly heres the court

MilwaukeeBucksCourt_zps3b1805b2.png

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18630075/Milwaukee-Bucks

Thanks, let me know what you think.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the 'Buchs' part.

Also I think on the primary head on version of the Buck the neck area looks really thick. Maybe I just don't know a lot about deer but I feel like just going from memory if I was head on with a Buck I wouldn't see that thick of a neck. Regardless it looks really nice and Milwaukee should definitely go to a double green look.

Update to the font is perfect. Also, I think the neck on the deer in the primary is too wide/thick. I think if it was thinned out and elongated it would look perfect. In regards to the uniforms, I love the home/away but I am not a fan of the third. I think if you did a sort of fauxback that mimicked the 73-76 cursive font (and maybe even adding some red) would love cool.

Ok I updated the font to make it more legible:

BucksWordmarkChanges_zps46337864.png

How many greens do you have coming off the letters? It makes them a little blurry and kind of hurts your eyes to look at. And the antlers are too wavy. They look more like tentacles. You may also try adding a bit of depth to them by maybe making one or two look like they're in front of the others.

The updated "K" works much better. I really love the primary, including the thick neck. I think it gives it a more powerful and prominent appearance. I do agree with McCall, 3 greens on the worldmark gives it a blurry effect. Just 1 green as a shadow would work better instead of 2.

gYH2mW9.png

Ok I updated the font to make it more legible:

BucksWordmarkChanges_zps46337864.png

How many greens do you have coming off the letters? It makes them a little blurry and kind of hurts your eyes to look at. And the antlers are too wavy. They look more like tentacles. You may also try adding a bit of depth to them by maybe making one or two look like they're in front of the others.

I actually really like the effect I was able get with the double greens coming out of the letters, when designing it my main goal was to give the wordmark speed. The 2 greens give it a bit of a gradient effect that make it look like its going fast and also mimic the same pattern thats on the jersey stripes. It was also partially inspired by these astros hats: image_zpsb6064190.jpgIt works as a nod to this retro design style that the jerseys are based off of, while creating a style that is unique in the NBA today.

No need to add red. My biggest gripe with this set is the primary logo. It's very well rendered, but right now it feels more like a stylized illustration that an NBA logo. I think it needs some sort of shape or ball behind/around it to frame it more. But this is a very nice start.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

No need to add red. My biggest gripe with this set is the primary logo. It's very well rendered, but right now it feels more like a stylized illustration that an NBA logo. I think it needs some sort of shape or ball behind/around it to frame it more. But this is a very nice start.

I originally was going to have a triangle/shield behind the deer, but as I worked on it I felt the neck gave I strong enough shape to stand on its own. Looking back at it now though, I agree it could use a better frame.

Archived