Lights Out's NBA: Timberwolves pg. 3

Lights Out

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHX is fantastic. That type of gradient works really well for them.

Washington is good, but could use a few minor tweaks. For the whites, I'd make the numbers black. On the gold uniforms, I'd make the wordmark black as well. The gold is perfect, though.

Great start. I will be checking in often.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I like Washington's. I would prefer the red, white, and blue scheme but this is another great alternative to that awful slate blue they used.

Phoenix's just isn't clicking with me. I get the idea behind it. The execution just isn't my cup of tea.

Brooklyn Nets

vZqAklm.png

hkd7FpU.png

st6sSX6.png

This is really just a update of one of my most popular concepts. The general idea is the same - striping based on subway maps, the front of the jersey based on subway signage. Uniform numbers 1-10 would be in a red dot, 11-39 in a blue dot, and 40+ in a green dot. I added a new primary logo (the net is sourced from here and the sublimated basketball is sourced from here) and a grey alternate.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love Phoenix. Awesome job.

I'm not as big a fan of the Wizards; my least favorite part is the odd striping on the shorts.

I do like the Nets concept. I'm not sure how much sense it makes with their name (it would be fantastic for a team named the Dodgers), but it is cool. I doubt the NBA would allow different colored circles on uniforms (I guess they couldn't be called uniforms since they aren't...uniform), but I like the idea behind it. I really like the side striping; it looks especially great on the black jersey.

award%20sig.png

The Suns and Wizards are both top-notch concepts (the black and old gold look really nice together), but it's the Nets that really shine. The whole subway theme, the color-coordinated dots, and the line pattern all work great together. Heck, if the All-Star Game was played in Barclays instead of MSG, I'd love it if those were the All-Star uniforms. Well done!

Brooklyn Nets

vZqAklm.png

hkd7FpU.png

st6sSX6.png

This is really just a update of one of my most popular concepts. The general idea is the same - striping based on subway maps, the front of the jersey based on subway signage. Uniform numbers 1-10 would be in a red dot, 11-39 in a blue dot, and 40+ in a green dot. I added a new primary logo (the net is sourced from here and the sublimated basketball is sourced from here) and a grey alternate.

Love the subway idea, but maybe put the numbers on the back in circles too, or take away the circles completely

Phoenix Suns:

CCiscfR.png

xvhnldK.png

4PUXA9V.png

Washington Wizards:

bbiXefK.png

JxfLJtL.png

M3jrltL.png

The inspiration should be obvious on both of these. Thoughts?

Being a fan of both the Wizards and Suns, I love both of these, but I miss the red, white, and blue Wizards color scheme

Phoenix: I like the idea, but the really saturated colors in the gradient stripes are bugging me. I would brighten them and/or use less colors. Also, the road wordmark/numbers could use a white stroke.

Washington: I also like these. I would just get rid of the stars on the yoke trim (they're overkill IMO) and flip the colors on the shorts stripes, so they mirror the jersey.

Brooklyn: I liked this idea when you originally did it, and I still like it. Though the off center "Nets" on the home is bugging me. I would go with "Brooklyn" instead. I think you could get away with it with "Nets" being in the shorts logo. Also, I would make that logo bigger and center it on the side of the shorts, instead of being on the front.

Cleveland: I'm not sure if I like these more than what they have currently. I was never a huge fan of those wordmarks or that style of trim, so it's just personal preference I suppose.

Milwaukee: I like the return of the Irish Rainbows, but I'm not sure about the orange. I think I'd have to see it in red to decide which I like better. I like the new font though. The points remind me of antlers.

Archived