Milwaukee Bavarians & Madison 56ers logos (Milwaukee update P.2)

mcrosby

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can dump the ERS -- like the current crest is. I am a fan of the font for the 56 in the current crest, and I think if you incorporated that into your design it would love awesome.

Other points:

• Love the point from the capital? forming the I
  • Not a huge fan of the soccer ball, the circles aren't doing it for me.

I would seriously pitch this to the team too.

I am a fan of the update with just 56 and SC in the logo.

I would have the ball mimic the mitre ball, since its the official NPSL game ball.mitre-NPSL.jpg

Looking at your link, I think the one that is in the third row down and third from the left most closely resembles the mitre ball.

Not a fan on the font. I think something a bit more "blocky", but not completely geometric could work. Also, I'd keep the ball the way is, because designs on soccer balls change so often, a standard buckyball makes the point.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Definitely stick with the brighter red. I'd also consider dropping one of the grays, ideally the lighter one. See also: the yellow; the top reads as "Mad Son", and it's really just an unnecessary addition, color-wise.

The brick pattern isn't obvious at all, and looks really unbalanced. You might have to take some creative liberties to make that look more like bricks.

That font... ick, ick, ick. Sorry, man. It's a bad font to start with, then it looks super distorted.

It's a really interesting idea, but the execution seems way off right now.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Keep that font from the last image, use the original colours, remove any ers or sc at the bottom, just leave it 56 and you have a winner in my opinion.

Really love the originality of it though, more teams need that.

What if you took the "SC" out of the giant square and put it on the long slab below? Or perhaps the "legs?"

Love the crest shape though... especially since you took it directly from Breese Stevens.

Here are my comments/suggestions:

- The crest shape from Breese Stevens is a great focal point to start with. I like how you used the dome top as the I in Madison.

- I would think of somehow separating the dome from the brick as they blend together and no distinction like it should be (something like your original).

- I myself think the font you used in the original concept works the best.

- I would suggest removing the SC and just having 56 in the logo.

- The ball you used in the crest is a nice touch as there is no need to replicate the official Mitre match ball for the NPSL. What would happen if the league went to another ball brand? Then the club would have to change their logo again. Generic/specialized graphic is the best for the situation.

- I would suggest making reference in the crest when the club was founded (2005 as the Princeton-56ers) in the brickwork with XXV

Nice job nonetheless mcrosby, a definite improvement from the current.

Question: is the club looking to update their brand?

Here are my comments/suggestions:

- The crest shape from Breese Stevens is a great focal point to start with. I like how you used the dome top as the I in Madison.

- I would think of somehow separating the dome from the brick as they blend together and no distinction like it should be (something like your original).

- I myself think the font you used in the original concept works the best.

- I would suggest removing the SC and just having 56 in the logo.

- The ball you used in the crest is a nice touch as there is no need to replicate the official Mitre match ball for the NPSL. What would happen if the league went to another ball brand? Then the club would have to change their logo again. Generic/specialized graphic is the best for the situation.

- I would suggest making reference in the crest when the club was founded (2005 as the Princeton-56ers) in the brickwork with XXV

Nice job nonetheless mcrosby, a definite improvement from the current.

Question: is the club looking to update their brand?

XXV is 25. Did you mean MMV?

I just looked more closely at the inspiration picture. What if you were to have a similar style as inside the Keystone - or whatever it is - the circular thing? Like have SC at the top, that little banner in the middle and then 56 at the bottom of it?

breesestevens.jpg

Alright, I've changed up the top so that it reads more as MADISON instead of MAD SON. I've also updated Forward, the statue atop the capitol (I forgot to on the right logo, just pretend).

I've opted to keep the SC inside the inner rectangle so that it carries over into the secondary logo.

I'm going to leave any dates off of it, as the larger 56ers organization was founded in 1956, hence the name.

56ersDrib4_zps82aae8ad.png

I really liked when the soccer ball acted as the roofline of the Capitol, it made it seem less of an afterthought and more relevant to the crest itself.

Archived