Toronto Raptors Gold and Black.

Sidney

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the logo - it's clean yet detailed and a nice modernization. The CN Tower and maple leaves are excellent Toronto-specific details as well. The maple leaf collars are awesome in theory, but I'd be skeptical about their comfort and functionality in action.

I'm not a fan of the shade of gold - I've found it to be a difficult color to work with digitally, but I think a lighter shade would work much better. This reminds me of the Purdue Boilermakers' dark gold, but I would try Drake's OVO medium gold. Also, the claw marks through the maple leaf secondary logo seem like a bit too much - the claw marks on the side panels are great, but beyond that it approaches redundant. Finally, I'm curious how the 'TORONTO' font from the primary logo would look for the wordmarks and last names....the current font is just fine, but I like the simplicity of the 'TORONTO' font from the primary logo a lot.

Very good start overall!

Hoopladawg87: Thank for your feedback, I didn't know about Drakes's OVO medium gold, but now I'll look for it to make the change, for the collar maybe I'll do the leaf a bit larger to not touch the troath. Soon I'll show you how the font look like in the wordmarks.

Thank you for your feedback.

hNa1bgX.png

One thing, the primary home uniforms in the NBA have to be white, per league rules.

Plus it doesn't really work using the custom, unaltered font of a well known university.

How can that be true when you have the Lakers?

One thing, the primary home uniforms in the NBA have to be white, per league rules.

Plus it doesn't really work using the custom, unaltered font of a well known university.

How can that be true when you have the Lakers?

The Lakers were grandfathered in. They're the one NBA team allowed to wear gold as their primary home uniform.

I think three shades of gold are too many. If your logo is reliant on a lighter and darker shades of a specific color, you may need to redraw it to eliminate one of those extra shades.

The Maple Leaf is a nice touch, but that would give you a collar with jaggy points digging into one's sternum.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm a fan of everything except the color scheme.

I think either blue and white as a nod to the Huskies or bringing back purple to their current color scheme would look fantastic with these, that way it still feels like them. But other than that, I like them.

UUkgTjb.png

The logos and presentation of them are great. I love the pose of the raptor in the primary, and the maple leaves and CN Tower are nice touches. I agree that the shades of gold could be reduced. Maybe go with the lighter gold as the one gold, and use white for the highlights.

Regarding the jerseys, they could use some work. Take the font from the "Toronto" or "Raptors" wordmarks and use that for the wordmarks and numbers. I like the claw marks on the shorts, but not on the jerseys. It's a little overkill. While the collar leaf is a good idea in theory, it wouldn't prove very functional. Lastly, the shorts could use a logo, IMO. I'm not sure where, but I would try to work one in.

Lots of great stuff here. Just a few things I want to comment on:

• Primary logo: The problem I have is with the wordmark below the dinosaur. "TORONTO" is fighting "RAPTORS" for visual supremacy. I think "TORONTO" needs to be smaller. I realize that means the CN Tower in the O will be lost then, but I don't think it's necessary in this instance because there's already a CN Tower in behind the dinosaur.

• Uniforms: Really like the collar, as others have said, but I also agree the leaf on its own won't work. It's not so much that it would be a jagged edge, but perhaps a flap of fabric that will get folded over and lost during game action. I think the solution is simple, though: All you need is a contrasting triangle of fabric behind the maple leaf. You won't lose the effect you're going for, and it would be more durable.

not bad, completely different from most peoples approach to it. I don't mind the logo - its just the colours I hate - but I'm sure if it had the 1995 colours on it, it would be one of the best in the league. I aslo agree with the font issues, maybe have some claw related things since that's the route you are going, something just a little more original. I do like the 2 colour look though.

The maple leaf in the collar is awesome.

The Maple Leaf is a nice touch, but that would give you a collar with jaggy points digging into one's sternum.

• Uniforms: Really like the collar, as others have said, but I also agree the leaf on its own won't work. It's not so much that it would be a jagged edge, but perhaps a flap of fabric that will get folded over and lost during game action. I think the solution is simple, though: All you need is a contrasting triangle of fabric behind the maple leaf. You won't lose the effect you're going for, and it would be more durable.

About the collar: I think it's great for a concept, and cool for show, but in real life, they may jab in to people and bother them, or flop over, become a distraction, get lost in the design.

But the MSU font?? I'm not backing that.

tinysig.jpg

Archived