Nike VS. Series

mattwillcox

Wow, glad everybody's enjoying the series so far! Normally I'd respond to some individual comments, but I'm going to make a general reply to make this a bit easier.

First off I half agreed with mbannon92 on the contrasting cuffs, so I've updated Oregon. They weren't working for the Ducks, but I think they balance out the coloured collar on the Beavers jersey. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm hearing the concern with Oregon's number font. Personally I tend to like more rounded modern fonts, but I'm looking into a possible change. I didn't want to make any snap decisions about it so if there is an update it'll likely happen closer to the end of the series.

More match-ups?! This is something that I'd love to do and am definitely considering after this initial response. The only issue is that I don't want to water down the series by doing something for the sake of it. If I come up with anything worth while it will definitely be posted. If you really want to see concepts for a certain rivalry done feel free to message me. I would prefer to keep the team requests to a minimum in this thread though.

To wrap things up I just wanted to mention that I'm really surprised that the Beavers seem to be the favourite design so far. I had Oregon ranked as my favourite of the six and Oregon State down around five. I really don't know what to expect from the rest of the series now, but I'm excited to see what you guys think.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! I was plotting doing a series just like this. I was gonna do a "Pro-Combat Series" of uniforms with big rivalries games. I am using a template very similar to yours too! lol

but no worries, this is going to be an awesome series! great work so far!

Good stuff Matt! Outstanding presentation. I really like your template. And I'd love to see your take on the Bedlam rivalry if you decide to add to this series.

The striping on Oregon State is genius. I do prefer seeing Oregon look a bit more brash but I think you've nailed what you were trying to accomplish with both schools. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

First off I half agreed with mbannon92 on the contrasting cuffs, so I've updated Oregon. They weren't working for the Ducks, but I think they balance out the coloured collar on the Beavers jersey. Thanks for the feedback!

Good change for Oregon. It looks much better without the yellow cuffs....and it was incredible before. I also agree with your decision to leave the black cuffs on the Beavers' unis. Smart moves. Can't wait for the rest.

gYH2mW9.png

Fantastic work on the template (no, I'm not asking for it). I love the wood striping for OrSU, especially the chewed tree. Very nice touch!

I also just noticed that you were able to get the collar design in for the Beavs as well. With this template, it is hard to do, but you nailed it!

Hate to be 'that guy', but it's too bad you're only doing these six teams. I would've liked to have seen a possible Bucks-Michigan State matchup. I will be checking in often

I'm making for paint right now

Fantastic work on the template (no, I'm not asking for it). I love the wood striping for OrSU, especially the chewed tree. Very nice touch!

I also just noticed that you were able to get the collar design in for the Beavs as well. With this template, it is hard to do, but you nailed it!

Hate to be 'that guy', but it's too bad you're only doing these six teams. I would've liked to have seen a possible Bucks-Michigan State matchup. I will be checking in often

I would prefer that you didn't

Isn't the 2D template already available?

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Isn't the 2D template already available?

It shouldn't be if it is. Unless I'm forgetting someone there is a grand total of 3 other members on this board who should have the vector file.

I'd like to end the discussion about the template on that note. It would be great if I didn't have to go through this every time I post a concept...

I don't really think the Oregon O or the numbers need the white outline. Both make the concept seem much more traditional, opposite of what you'd expect from Oregon.

As far as Oregon State, the only thing I don't like is the black sleeve cuff; it's a little unnecessary since you've already got the sleeve stripes. I really like the number font, though. The drop shadow is amazing IMO.

spacer.png

PXEO1iq.png

Florida State Seminoles

The Inspiration

gXZdtGQ.png

A modern take on the Seminoles’ traditional uniform featuring imagery representing Osceola and the Florida State pre game tradition. The familiar helmet is used with a version of the modernized spear that more closely resembles the old logo. On the shoulders is a striping design inspired by Osceola’s tradional face paint. The inlined number font takes elements from the from the recently unveiled redesign and adds some tweaks to enhance the look. The pants stripe takes the form of a downward facing spear to represent the burning spear that Osceola drives into the field prior to Florida State home games.

The Design

NYD66Os.png

ZkkheIx.png

Miami Hurricanes

The Inspiration

HFPqeFE.png

Throwing back to the glory days of Hurricanes football with this classic white/white/orange combination. Minor changes and details have been added to bring the traditional look to the next level. The classic Miami helmet design remains largely the same, with a slight change to the helmet stripe to make green the predominate colour in order to help the colour balance. The stripe itself ends in two stacked hurricane warning flags. The jersey features the well known modern font embelished with a unique storm pattern. On the sleeves are two stacked stripes with a subtly integrated hurricane flag design to complete the storm theme.

The Design

yowGsR4.png

mDKoCx4.png

The raindrop pattern is simply amazing for Miami. I love the sleeve stripes as well. The only thing I don't like is their fonr, but what are ya gonna do?

I love FSU's look as well. I've always been a fan of their mascot, and you have really captured him in your concept. Mighty fine job, Matt!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived