Favorite Flag?

jaker52

US States:

I like Alaska and Arizona, but my favorite is New Mexico:

Countries:

Not much jumps out at me. I like Canada and Norway, but I went with a basic...

US Cities:

I had NO IDEA so many cities had flags; 10 Minnesota cities including my city of St. Paul (and I have never ever seen that flag). I like St. Louis's flag symbolizing the meeting of the two rivers...(which I just learned is in the OP and a lot of other posts...)

The biggest surprise is St. Petersburg. I'd think someone would try to change it...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed this flag a lot this summer (while out boating) and liked it's design but never knew what it was:

cpsFlag.jpg

Turns out that it's a flag that members of the Canadian Power and Sail Squardons fly. Essentially it's a huge organization for recreational boater that promotes safety and knowledge.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Looks like a design that would have been proposed for the national flag back in 1965.

exactly my thoughts

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Nova Scotia:

Flag-of-Nova-Scotia.jpg

Australia:

australia_flag_flying1.jpg

1957-65 Canadian Red Ensign:

5748645082_b8418c09b5_z.jpg

(I prefer the 1921-57 version, though this was the highest-quality pic I could find of either version)

800px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_1921_to_1957_N

1.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,%21qUFHeL2Nhk+BR70i2Pe-Q~~60_

Anyone with a Canadian address can get a free 26x32" printed flag poster of the red ensign (and others) from the government. [There is also a larger (than this html image) pdf of the posters on the site]:

evolution-of-the-Canadian-Red-Ensign_135

http://www.pch.gc.ca/eng/1359141423413/1359141493662

I just found this tidbit regarding the NS flag while on Wikipedia:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-s-provincial-flag-confirmed-155-years-later-1.1335703

Pretty funny.

Also, I ordered a free Historical flags poster from Heritage Canada and got it this week. It's a really nice poster.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived