NHL Association Football Crossover *Montreal*

1clkgtramg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next is Centennial Football Club. I named them after the state's current official nickname since both the team and the logo represent the state as a whole. Sorry Denver, yet another team gets the state name. I stayed away from any Nordiques related material because - like soccer - the teams typically don't move from city to city. Instead, they adopted the old Colorado Rockies NHL/state colours and I went with a basic template because the colours speak for themselves. The Third kit takes on the always wacky Avalanche templates - accidentally using the same one as Anaheim - I stuck with it and used the mid-2000's MLS style colour fills where the jerseys are almost messy with too many colours. The mountain stripping returns on the socks. I think my favourite kit in this batch is the white jersey with white shorts, it's just clean as hell.

Also upon making this one, I really wanted to do a Blue/Red/Yellow Jersey/Shorts/Socks look so I may show that in a Home Alt kit with the other 2 Shorts options.

14787271076_50e83d5542_c.jpg
14809919002_23d679256b_c.jpg
14810281555_9fc21a7238_c.jpg

I'm a fan of the Avalanche 3rd, the only bizarre thing is that the blue part of the sleeves harangued outside of the template a bit. I'm not sure if that might just be how I'm seeing it.

*Edit

I didn't see the white Adidas stripes, never mind

That's what- She

I like Edmonton's kits, but when I see them, I don't think Oilers

Is it the colours? I use tge Colourwerx official colours to ensure they are the right colour. The oil drop is pretty recognizable, not much more I could do :/

Any suggestions?

It's the way you used the colors

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Is it the colours? I use tge Colourwerx official colours to ensure they are the right colour. The oil drop is pretty recognizable, not much more I could do :/

Any suggestions?

Well I'm not quite sure how that makes sense, but you are entitled to your opinion. I figured the same colours, same oil drop, same Arena sponsor, and an Oil Derrick was enough to show that it was the Oilers, but if you want to see Oilers' stripping, then that's not what I set out to do here.

Anyway, moving on from colours, I have alternate shorts for the home and clash kits of Colorado. I still prefer the normal ones I first posted.

14811413925_d3261dd5eb_c.jpg

14624702090_b6318c57fb_c.jpg

I have made a few more but they just don't feel strong enough yet so I'm gonna hold on to them until I come up with better ideas.

I made these Music City 98 kits on a whim and I think they turned out great. I tried putting Sabre Teeth on either side of the Predators' guitar pick logo but it started getting cluttered so I decided to just leave it as is. I wanted to use a unique name and used the year of founding and the Music City nickname due to the fact that the logo is a pick.
The Home kit is very basic, just used on of my Adidas Templates because the colours spoke for themselves. For the Clash, I drew inspiration from the short lived, yet amazing, checker board alternate jersey. It is one of my favourite jerseys but like the Mooterus Dallas Stars jersey, they are expensive and hard to come by. I'm not very sure what they got the checkerboard idea from - since Britsol is still a fair distance - but I've always liked it and thought it would translate well to a soccer jersey. The Third is similar but a white base. Just be thankful I didn't go with those Baby Puke Alternates.... even though I like those too haha.

14640863448_86ef85cdb4_c.jpg

14640841809_4b22ac43b5_c.jpg

14640785470_e185015978_c.jpg

True, the away kit has too much of the dark on dark going on. Maybe some yellow accents to highlight the crest and such could make it pop more but still keep your original vision.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

thanks guys, I actually wanted to go for the lost look to almost make it look one solid colour. The Blue and Black would be hard to differentiate on TV as well and that's what I was going for.

I will try to screw around with some yellow and see how that works.

add an orange jersey, and on the crest make it say ducks instead of "football club"

Then what would even be the point of this? There's 3 jerseys I can have and all 3 are taken. I have one more shorts option available. And the crest cant say "Ducks" because thats counter productive. The team isnt officially called the Ducks anymore, its Anaheim Football Club. I'm trying to make them as Europeanized as possible.

Also, next time if you want to make a suggestion, you can ask it nicely. Thanks.

That wasn't rude. orange would look better then black. Lots of teams use black but only 4 use orange, it would stand out more. and that's your rule about 3 jerseys, no one is stopping you from doing that.

also, next time you make a response, you can do it with out being sarcastic.

add an orange jersey, and on the crest make it say ducks instead of "football club"

Then what would even be the point of this? There's 3 jerseys I can have and all 3 are taken. I have one more shorts option available. And the crest cant say "Ducks" because thats counter productive. The team isnt officially called the Ducks anymore, its Anaheim Football Club. I'm trying to make them as Europeanized as possible.

Also, next time if you want to make a suggestion, you can ask it nicely. Thanks.

That wasn't rude. orange would look better then black. Lots of teams use black but only 4 use orange, it would stand out more. and that's your rule about 3 jerseys, no one is stopping you from doing that.

also, next time you make a response, you can do it with out being sarcastic.

You demanded me to change something. That is rude last time I checked.

My response said you can ask nicely next time. That's not sarcasm if its a serious statement. The whole response I gave you was straight to the point with no sarcasm, if you can't take it then don't comment please.

As for why I didn't use orange is because I have an Orange Edmonton, Orange Philly, Split Hooped Islanders, I didn't want too many Orange focused kits. My main focus was the Jade and Eggplant in all honesty, but after making the black and white kits, I decided to use those as the main ones instead. So, the whole Ducks concept was initially to be Jade and Eggplant, so that's the reason of very little orange.

ClutchCityColtsFan, while active c&c is encouraged here it ultimately falls to the OP on whether or not he wishes to take suggestions into consideration. If 1clkgtramg doesn't want to use orange he doesn't have to. While I'm sure he appreciates the c&c it is ultimately his concept and you need to respect that.

I may have cheated on this one a bit :P

More than a year ago I was trying to expand the America League that PCGD? made. I can't remember the name, but I came across a Minnesota Wilderness hockey logo for a really minor hockey team. It worked well for a soccer logo so I used the same and the already present Minnesota Wild-esque colours and trees to make a team for Iowa United. Making Minnesota's soccer crossover I remembered about my Iowa concept and further edited it to make it for the Wild. So I won't take much credit for it as it is a borrowed shape but it was too good looking and unique to pass up - and I didn't want too many roundels, little did I know I wouldn't have any haha.

The home is an nontraditional-yet-typical Nike design. They like to make the sublimated stuff so I figured they were a good kit supplier. The Clash is very similar to the Wild's current Home Jersey. For the Third, I wanted to have more hoops and stripes so I made a Christmas Hooped jersey just because these colours were too good to pass up! May make a Wheat coloured Throwback kit as well.

14838805055_b228eec69e_z.jpg
14838437232_8082616b5b_z.jpg

14836433484_70aa9337ed_z.jpg

I think the clash is a) too similar to the home kit and B) would actually work better as the home. I like the tree pattern across the chest though, maybe have that in a green and red band across the center of the chest of the new wheat clash kit?

Any suggestions?

Well I'm not quite sure how that makes sense, but you are entitled to your opinion. I figured the same colours, same oil drop, same Arena sponsor, and an Oil Derrick was enough to show that it was the Oilers, but if you want to see Oilers' stripping, then that's not what I set out to do here.

Sorry, I had trouble explaining. What i mean is that there is too much orange and not enough blue. Idk why that was so hard me to say :P

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I think the clash is a) too similar to the home kit and B) would actually work better as the home. I like the tree pattern across the chest though, maybe have that in a green and red band across the center of the chest of the new wheat clash kit?

That's a real good possibility. I will screw around with that idea, but since I plan on it to be a Throwback, I might have to make it look old - less high tech design, if you know what I mean.

Also, I chose Green to be the home because I prefer the Green Primary they originally have - it's hanging in my closet right now :P

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I had trouble explaining. What i mean is that there is too much orange and not enough blue. Idk why that was so hard me to say :P

That makes a lot more sense, and I can understand what you mean by that. I guess what I was trying to do was optimize every colour/design I could so some of the teams may have kits with unlikely colour schemes.

Maybe sublimated trees on the clash?

I will mess with this idea as well, especially if I don't use it for a Wheat coloured Throwback kit - which is likely going to be North Stars inspired ;)

I made the Minn United Throwback jersey inspired by the North Stars white jersey. Nothing fancy, very similar look but I wanted to use the Vest look for once so this kinda worked. I tried that wheat colour but it didnt end up looking to good so I went with pure white.

14844765404_9b0e128793_z.jpg

I don't like using the Rockies logo as the Avs uniform.. I think the third should be the primary, and the blue Rockies should be the third... Also the blues second and third need more yellow... Minnesota, Anaheim and Edmonton are FLAWLESS

****EDIT****

I meant predators, I said blues.... I'm sorry for the confusion

I don't like using the Rockies logo as the Avs uniform.. I think the third should be the primary, and the blue Rockies should be the third... Also the blues second and third need more yellow... Minnesota, Anaheim and Edmonton are FLAWLESS

****EDIT****

I meant predators, I said blues.... I'm sorry for the confusion

Thanks for the kind words sir.

I realize there was no yellow in the Clash and Third for Nashville, that's because I was using a different era of colours. Someone else suggested I add yellow and I did but it actually started looking like the St Louis Blues - which it seems to already clash with haha. I did however add some detail to the collar of Nashville but it doesn't show to well so I will have to make an enlarged image to show it better. As for Colorado, I actually had the Burgundy/Blue look as the home but like Anaheim ones, I made 2 versions of the other colours and I ended up using the State colours as primaries - this was also due to the fact that the team is named after the entire state rather than Denver. But this is soccer so Home/Clash/Third is really irrelevant because all jerseys can be worn whenever, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I label them as. :)

Archived