NBA Standings Board

JoHyphenE

I was inspired late last year by PaleVermilion81's NFL Standings Board to make a similar board. I chose to hand paint the NBA and since many of the logos in the league are boring I went off script a little and tried to paint some alternate logos that I preferred. The extra slot on the board is to be able accommodate for the hopeful eventual expansion. (fingers crossed!) I will eventually be mounting the boards on a wall for easier access but for now the are on the floor. Roughly 9 months in the making, my "baby" is born:

West_zpsfabb4774.jpg

East_zpsed5d064f.jpg

Both5_zps2f7a623e.jpg

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

These look amazing.

I don't know if you're taking any suggestions (given the time commitment already in them), but the one that I would consider changing is Detroit. Given the dimensions of the blocks, you need an immediately recognizable logo for each since you can't fit it all in there. I think you did a good job with that for all of them but Detroit. I looked at that one for a while before I put it together.

Either way, those look sweet.

UUkgTjb.png

The only problem with Detroit is that they currently only have two logos in use. The DP logo that I used and their primary logo. I elected not to use primary because every letter had an outline and a dropshadow. I thought it would be too tedious to do and I wasn't a huge fan of the logo anyway. I used the boring Cavs C instead of their primary for the same reason.

The only problem with Detroit is that they currently only have two logos in use. The DP logo that I used and their primary logo. I elected not to use primary because every letter had an outline and a dropshadow. I thought it would be too tedious to do and I wasn't a huge fan of the logo anyway. I used the boring Cavs C instead of their primary for the same reason.

These look phenomenal great work! In regards to the Detroit logo, I know you are using current logos, but have you thought about possibly using the horse head basketball logo from a couple years back? It's a cool logo and would be nearly instantly recognizable. Just a thought. I'm extremely impressed by how great this looks though.

The blocks are 'attached' with a wedge of wood that was nailed into the back. Each slot has a corresponding wedge inside it so it slides right in. Here are some visuals for a better idea of what I mean:

BlockBack_zps2d6f2501.jpg

Back_zps2df48470.jpg

(Not the best photos but you get the point)

These look phenomenal great work! In regards to the Detroit logo, I know you are using current logos, but have you thought about possibly using the horse head basketball logo from a couple years back? It's a cool logo and would be nearly instantly recognizable. Just a thought. I'm extremely impressed by how great this looks though.

I probably would have gone that route if it weren't for my restriction on current logos. I want to be able to update this over the years as teams rebrand so eventually there will be a more iconic pistons logo.

The blocks are 'attached' with a wedge of wood that was nailed into the back. Each slot has a corresponding wedge inside it so it slides right in. Here are some visuals for a better idea of what I mean:

BlockBack_zps2d6f2501.jpg

Back_zps2df48470.jpg

(Not the best photos but you get the point)

I probably would have gone that route if it weren't for my restriction on current logos. I want to be able to update this over the years as teams rebrand so eventually there will be a more iconic pistons logo.

And a new Sonics logo too :)

I was inspired late last year by PaleVermilion81's NFL Standings Board to make a similar board. I chose to hand paint the NBA and since many of the logos in the league are boring I went off script a little and tried to paint some alternate logos that I preferred. The extra slot on the board is to be able accommodate for the hopeful eventual expansion. (fingers crossed!) I will eventually be mounting the boards on a wall for easier access but for now the are on the floor. Roughly 9 months in the making, my "baby" is born:

West_zpsfabb4774.jpg

East_zpsed5d064f.jpg

Both5_zps2f7a623e.jpg

If I made something like this a team would change their logo right after I finished

Archived