Can-Am Baseball Confederacy (Hand-Drawn Concepts) [12/40]

AdRice97

Hey All,

Posted my first concept a while back which was a hand-drawn jersey for my high school baseball team. I'm back, but this time it's with a full league that spans all of the U.S. and southern (border) parts of Canada.

The Confederacy

The Can-Am Baseball Confederacy (CABC) is made up of two leagues, northern and southern, with five divisions in each. Each division contains four teams, making up a total of 40 for the entire CABC. Yes, this is most likely too many, but I did this really so I could have more concepts to draw up.

The Map

The map of teams is displayed below along with a list. The divisions are very local, making for easy play within the division. I've talked with a few people about the names of the divisions, but please feel free to give suggestions based on their location or region.

Not sure if I'm going to put a team in Las Vegas (gray circle), but if I did they would be the Las Vegas Valley Kings (up for another name). For now, the team they would replace is in Salt Lake City, creating the Four Corners Division. Upon a relocation the division would be renamed to Southwest (due to the lack of a better idea).

JGql3mf.png

The Divisions

Northern League

Cascadia Prairie Great Lakes Northeast Midland

Calgary Stampede Chicago Gusts Detroit Motors Montreal Caribou Cincinnati

Portland Pioneers Minnesota White Tails Ottawa New England Colonials Indianapolis Raceways

Seattle Emeralds Winnipeg Mounties Pittsburgh Smokies New York Liberty Kansas City

Vancouver Ports Wisconsin Curds Toronto Philadelphia Founders St. Louis

Southern League

California Four Corners Midwest South Appalachia

Los Angeles Stars Arizona Cacti Dallas Atlanta Baltimore Crabs

Oakland Anchors (v.2) Colorado Bighorns El Paso Dust Devils Miami Palms Carolina Flyers

San Diego Whitecaps (v.2) New Mexico Flames Oklahoma Storm New Orleans Tennessee Walking Horses

San Francisco Rails (v.2) Salt Lake Saints San Antonio Bull Riders Tampa Shine DC Revolution

Team names will appear as links to their post in this concept when they are complete. Updates or other versions will be linked as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love it but it is still too much like the civil war with a confederacy and a north and south. Call the all star game the civil war and I am sold. I don't like the Tennessee team name. As a Tennesseean I see the connection but I think it should be a little more contemperary.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

love it but it is still too much like the civil war with a confederacy and a north and south. Call the all star game the civil war and I am sold. I don't like the Tennessee team name. As a Tennesseean I see the connection but I think it should be a little more contemperary.

I understand what you're saying about north and south, but hey, it could be fun. As far as Tennessee goes, I agree - the name is pretty bad. As you can see a few teams don't have names yet or definitely need work, so if you have any suggestions, I'll gladly take them.

Some very nice hand-drawn concepts here from a fellow hand-drawn concept maker, myself.

Really no complaints from me except for minor nitpicks such as the off-center logo and the wonky shapes of the jerseys. My suggestion (at least for jerseys) is to just make a template and if possible, make photocopies of that to draw designs on.

Feel free to use my thread (although I haven't updated in a few weeks) for inspiration!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Some very nice hand-drawn concepts here from a fellow hand-drawn concept maker, myself.

Really no complaints from me except for minor nitpicks such as the off-center logo and the wonky shapes of the jerseys. My suggestion (at least for jerseys) is to just make a template and if possible, make photocopies of that to draw designs on.

Feel free to use my thread (although I haven't updated in a few weeks) for inspiration!

Thanks. Your thread is actually what inspired me to start this to begin with, so thank you very much.

As for the template, I've been tracing them from my "master page" but there are still problems. From what I can tell it's mostly with the pants and sometimes the caps, are you seeing anything else?

Thanks again for the help.

I really like what the stars concept. The only comment I have is that for the division names the Texas and Oklahoma are definitely not the Midwest. I would try switching the Midland and Midwest division names or I would try an entirely new name for the Midwest Division.

I really like what the stars concept. The only comment I have is that for the division names the Texas and Oklahoma are definitely not the Midwest. I would try switching the Midland and Midwest division names or I would try an entirely new name for the Midwest Division.

Completely on board with renaming the divisions that still have directional names, I just didn't want to postpone the entire concept because of this. I'd gladly take suggestions if you have any. Thanks for the input.

Thanks. Your thread is actually what inspired me to start this to begin with, so thank you very much.

As for the template, I've been tracing them from my "master page" but there are still problems. From what I can tell it's mostly with the pants and sometimes the caps, are you seeing anything else?

Thanks again for the help.

Glad I inspired another person! :)

Anyways, I found the caps and the pants to be alright. It's just the jersey shape that's been throwing me off a bit. It's a bit crooked. However, I also do have the sleeves being of inconsistent widths on my templates, so I'll let you go on that. Haha.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Great start here, although I am not a fan of the black pants.

Would you suggest just sticking with white or gray depending on location?
Yes that exactly... Also, I don't really think a white panaled hat would work with grey uniforms, so I would suggest switching the home and road caps, so at home you would have the white panaled cap with the white uniform and on the road the Stars would flash their colors with orange hats.

NEWSGG copy.png

Yes that exactly... Also, I don't really think a white panaled hat would work with grey uniforms, so I would suggest switching the home and road caps, so at home you would have the white panaled cap with the white uniform and on the road the Stars would flash their colors with orange hats.

Sounds good. Great idea with the hats, thank you. Before I unveil the San Diego set, what's your opinion on powder blue jersey/pants? Similar to what the Royals used to have.

Sounds good. Great idea with the hats, thank you. Before I unveil the San Diego set, what's your opinion on powder blue jersey/pants? Similar to what the Royals used to have.
As much as I loath colored pants... The North Carolina Tar Heels really pull of powder blue pants, so maybe they would work as a Sunday alt/throwback but definitely not as a primary set of pants.

NEWSGG copy.png

I'm not too keen on the name Columbines for a proffesional team. I realize it's named after a flower, but if you didn't know it was a type of plant, it could be considered sensitive material.

I think Texas or Dust Belt would be a better division name.

That's what- She

I'm not too keen on the name Columbines for a proffesional team. I realize it's named after a flower, but if you didn't know it was a type of plant, it could be considered sensitive material.

Completely understand where you're coming from. When I came up with the idea I did a few doubletakes and then decided the full name would be Colorado Rocky Mountain Columbines, but a name of that length just seemed ridiculous. I'm open to suggestions for new names.

Archived