Cleveland Cavaliers Combination of Eras

davidmiller5

I took a break from my MLB Combination of Eras thread to do the Cavs redesign contest that was on espn.com's Uni Watch page. Paul Lukas has now gone through them and highlighted some of them, so I thought I would put my submission to the contest on these boards for some feedback.

Since I have been combining eras in my MLB thread, I decided to do the same with the Cavaliers. Here is my result:

DavidMiller.png

(click to enlarge)

First of all, thanks to Tim E O'Brien for the template.

I combined every era except their inaugural set. The only thing I felt was salvageable from their 94-03 look was the different colored line in the wordmarks and numbers. Obviously, I updated the font. I also updated the side striping by making it more narrow than what they wore back in the 70s.

award%20sig.png

As far as the uniforms go, no real complaints, but I don't love them. I know that's not super constructive, but they almost seem vintage for vintage look sake. I think the idea for the logo is good, but they are a tad unbalanced. The weight of the logo is very top heavy and it goes way farther down than your eye wants it to. I would try and center the bulk of the logo a little more. A good start, keep working on it.

Good start so far. Cleveland has a history of either having very creative or extremely bland uniforms. Some design executions may not have been good but could be better as evidence by your concepts. (I love their 90s electric blue but they could've been executed less busy for example. I hate their current set but feels as though a lil blue here and a little more design elements and it would be nice.)

shado_logo.gif

I really love the horizontal lines across the chest.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Thanks for the feedback. I tried incorporating blue (both the navy and electric), but I kept finding I preferred the three-color look to a four-color scheme.

For those who don't like the font, do you have other suggestions that keep the middle stripe?

those logos are quite suspect, but the uniform designs are getting near something successful. a decent start.

As far as the uniforms go, no real complaints, but I don't love them. I know that's not super constructive, but they almost seem vintage for vintage look sake. I think the idea for the logo is good, but they are a tad unbalanced. The weight of the logo is very top heavy and it goes way farther down than your eye wants it to. I would try and center the bulk of the logo a little more. A good start, keep working on it.

Fair enough with your comments on the logos. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve them?

award%20sig.png

Archived